No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Kwame did the crime, he needs to do the time. I hope this finally cleans up the nonsense that has gone on in Detroit for the last 50 years."
    --------------------About time you come to your senses. :-)

Quame SUCKS!
    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      I never said any of that. Not sure where you got that from. . .
      For whatever it's worth, I got the same impression Froot. I wondered why you felt it "must be noted" that most of the corruption didn't start with Kwame. For me, that sounded like mitigation of Kwame's activities in light of those that came before him. I'm glad he is in jail. I hope he doesn't squirm his way on to a last minute presidential pardon list.

Do you that follow local politics think Bing is as corrupt as those that came before him? I don't have that impression of Bing.

Comment

• I would give detroit media an F. Think about how much this guy did and for how long. It's amazing he could get away with it for as long as he did.
        Wasn't it the Free Press that got the ball rolling? The Feds, with a couple of high profile exceptions, are good at slowly building the case and making sure they have it tight.
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I wondered why you felt it "must be noted" that most of the corruption didn't start with Kwame.
          Because Coleman A Young is in the HoF for corruption. KP was just a punk ass poser compared CY.
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
            Because Coleman A Young is in the HoF for corruption. KP was just a punk ass poser compared CY.
            that doesn't make Kwame any less worthy of being a criminal in his own right.

Comment

• No but that clarifies Froot's message IMO. The apple was already rotting when the KP worm started to burrow in

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
                For whatever it's worth, I got the same impression Froot. I wondered why you felt it "must be noted" that most of the corruption didn't start with Kwame. For me, that sounded like mitigation of Kwame's activities in light of those that came before him. I'm glad he is in jail. I hope he doesn't squirm his way on to a last minute presidential pardon list.

Do you that follow local politics think Bing is as corrupt as those that came before him? I don't have that impression of Bing.
                I felt it must be noted because the corruption has killed Detroit, but it didn't start in 2001 with Kwame. He was probably the sloppiest of the crooks, thats why he got caught. You see it in his defense, a lot of their defense was this is how politics is done. For the most part in Detroit that is correct, it is still illegal however. But it has to be rooted out everywhere there for change to occur. I'm sick of going into parts of Detroit that resemble ghost towns or bombed out towns.

Bing doesn't seem like the corrupt type, but he has been a disappointment in his own.

To me you can think the guy should go to jail, but I surely don't rejoice that he is going to the slammer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                  I used to think that Tony. At first Kwame was getting busted for text messages and using Explorers on the city dime. Compared to Coleman that was nothing. But Kwame didn't stop there. If the evidence is ture, there is 120 million dollars in money out there that the Feds can't find. That qualifies anyone for the corruption Hall of Fame.

Comment

• That's because Kwame tried to grab too much too fast. He was a Hassa (sp?) A pig that doesn't fly straight. </scarface> Young was the guy that was in it for the long haul

Comment

• Yeah but if you steal 120 million, you've exceeded the Coleman Young level.

Comment

• Only if you get away with it

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                          I would give detroit media an F. Think about how much this guy did and for how long. It's amazing he could get away with it for as long as he did.
                          The media can not prosecute or demand the behavior stops.

It is because the media discovered and reported on a number of different abnormalities that began a Federal investigation. (It didn't help that in the second year of his first term, Kawames' entourage visited Washington DC and tore the town up prompting the Secret Service to send him a letter telling him he was not welcome for official visits and if he did come, bring his own security.)

The length of time it went on is directly proportional to how long it takes for the Government to build it's case.

Has nothing to do with the media reporting it.

.......now, if the media had the facts and they did not report it, I would agree with you but, that is not what happened over the entire period of his tenure.
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            I felt it must be noted because the corruption has killed Detroit, but it didn't start in 2001 with Kwame. He was probably the sloppiest of the crooks, thats why he got caught. You see it in his defense, a lot of their defense was this is how politics is done. For the most part in Detroit that is correct, it is still illegal however. But it has to be rooted out everywhere there for change to occur. I'm sick of going into parts of Detroit that resemble ghost towns or bombed out towns.

Bing doesn't seem like the corrupt type, but he has been a disappointment in his own.

To me you can think the guy should go to jail, but I surely don't rejoice that he is going to the slammer.
                            I don't know about rejoicing. I might feel that way if I actually lived in Detroit and had a business that was attempting to work with the city in an honest way. I'm glad he got caught, and I would think Detroiter's in general would feel that way as well. He broke the law and betrayed the public trust. I personally don't see the value in comparatives to the escapades of other Detroit politicians. Kwame may, or may not, be the worst of the lot, but at least future mayors will know that their actions may result in serious personal consequences.

Comment

• Kwames arrogance and disregard for any authority he did not like or control was his major undoing.

He believed he was too smart to get caught and his ability to continue doing what he was doing and getting a bit more each year reinforced that way of thinking.

I believe he still feels that if the text messages were not allowed to be used against him in his first trial, he would still be doing business as usual.

The sad part is he probably is right.
                              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• yep.

Comment

Working...
                                X