No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a little something that made my day when I read it. On my Facebook page, I follow bands and band members from the UP, from the 60's to present day. One band in particular is a band originally from Escanaba called The Riot Squad. Dano, you might remember these guys, I do remember them playing around the Marquette area back in the days (65-70). Well, their recent post on Facebook goes as follows:

"22 people played in the Riot Squad from 1965 thru 1973. Rocking Chair was formed by three members of the Riot Squad. Later The Reunion Band (Beach Boy Reunion Band) was formed by the members of Rocking Chair along with Keith Gurgall. A few Years later Randy Erickson, who along with his wife Sherri owns Erickson Jewelers in Iron Mountain, replaced Keith on Drums. The Cadillacs are Greg Curran and Bob Derouin originally from the Riot Squad, along with Phil Olero, and Jim Dombrowski Who owns Jim's Music stores in Esky, Iron Mt., Marquette, and Green Bay, Wi."

Props to our own, Jewelerman.
    "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• ^

great find sharkie!!!!!

Comment

• no kidding....that is great!

Rock on Jewelerman!
        AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
        2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
        3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
        4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
        5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
        6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
        7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharkbait View Post
          Here's a little something that made my day when I read it. On my Facebook page, I follow bands and band members from the UP, from the 60's to present day. One band in particular is a band originally from Escanaba called The Riot Squad. Dano, you might remember these guys, I do remember them playing around the Marquette area back in the days (65-70). Well, their recent post on Facebook goes as follows:

"22 people played in the Riot Squad from 1965 thru 1973. Rocking Chair was formed by three members of the Riot Squad. Later The Reunion Band (Beach Boy Reunion Band) was formed by the members of Rocking Chair along with Keith Gurgall. A few Years later Randy Erickson, who along with his wife Sherri owns Erickson Jewelers in Iron Mountain, replaced Keith on Drums. The Cadillacs are Greg Curran and Bob Derouin originally from the Riot Squad, along with Phil Olero, and Jim Dombrowski Who owns Jim's Music stores in Esky, Iron Mt., Marquette, and Green Bay, Wi."

Props to our own, Jewelerman.
          Very cool, Skarky.
          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Gonz,

Thought you might enjoy this article from a Canadian newspaper about Rush...They were even applauded in the Canadian Parliament.

Comment

• I have met Jewelerman at his store, he has a great collection of Lion & Tiger stuff in his office. He gave me one of his CD's and is an excellent drummer and outstanding vocalist, not to mention a gentleman and a scholar.
              "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• I concur, Sharky.
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Cat View Post
                  Gonz,

Thought you might enjoy this article from a Canadian newspaper about Rush...They were even applauded in the Canadian Parliament.
                  http://arts.nationalpost.com/2013/04...eles-ceremony/
                  El Gato on patrol

ty
                  19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Jewelerman is a drummer?

I knew there was a reason I liked him as soon as I met him!
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• you could tell he was a gentleman just by the way he cared about yooperman and his family.

Comment

• SWEET!

GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Having DirecTv Genie put in today. Actually, as I post this. They also threw in their cinema connect (networking use for tablets and phones). All on the house just for committing for another two years. I wasn't going anywhere anyway. Forgot, they also threw in all movie and the sports channels until July and 50% off the NFL ST.

Whole home DVR baby. With the new Genie DVR box and my existing DVR relocated to another room, I'll have 700GB of recording space.
                          Last edited by Panoptes; April 23, 2013, 11:11 AM.
                          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• I'd rather have the Genie ...

Forever One!

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                              Having DirecTv Genie put in today. Actually, as I post this. They also threw in their cinema connect (networking use for tablets and phones). All on the house just for committing for another two years. I wasn't going anywhere anyway. Forgot, they also threw in all movie and the sports channels until July and 50% off the NFL ST.

Whole home DVR baby. With the new Genie DVR box and my existing DVR relocated to another room, I'll have 700GB of recording space.

Kinda funny.

My brother has been trying to get me to change the work phone#'s, internet service, and cable TV to Comcast.

I have been reluctant because I have read that Comcast has the lowest Customer Appreciation rating of all of the "cable/phone companies"

Currently we have AT&T for phone and internet and Direct TV for cable.

I called AT&T to find out when my contract was up and told them I had a better deal that included cable TV for free. I asked about their Uverse service but was told it was not available in my area.

I made the switch and, today called Direct TV to cancel.

They insisted on making a counter offer but, as usual, they did not listen to what my needs were, only trying to quote on what the most popular set up is.

Three times I told them it was not necessary because I already did my homework.

After insisting they terminate my account, I was told they have a "partnership" with AT&T that would be less than anything I could have brokered on my own and willing to throw in a whole host of extras.

Too little too late from Companies that have had a good customer.

She did say however, since I have been such a good customer, I have the ability to come back and take advantage of the same promotions if I decide I do not like the service from Comcast.

...........I already do not like them because of customer service issues but, have put that on my brothers shoulders because I warned him but he insisted that they make things good plus some.

Ball is in his court.
                              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Been with Comcast since. . .well, not sure but since they strung cable TV. 'Finally became fed up with their games and switched to fiber optics supported TV/Telephone/Internet.

Comment

Working...
                                X