Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Desert Lion View Post
    Froot, its hard but not impossible. Key is small steps on the way up.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Oh I'm sure. The biggest hike I ever did was hiking up to Mt. Lecont(?) in Tennessee. I believe that is the highest peak in the state and it took about 3 hours to get to the top and about 4 to get down because my feet were killing me.

Comment

• Lecont? I've been there
      Attached Files
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• That's pretty cool, way to go Matt Kemp.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          Oh I'm sure. The biggest hike I ever did was hiking up to Mt. Lecont(?) in Tennessee. I believe that is the highest peak in the state and it took about 3 hours to get to the top and about 4 to get down because my feet were killing me.
          Originally posted by CGVT View Post
          Lecont? I've been there
          Me three. Tough hike.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
            K, somebody posted this on facebook this morning. I thought it was pretty cool. Apparently the kid's dad got the attention of Wallach and he said that he would try to bring Kemp over after the game. Pretty cool story. Good on Matt Kemp

Dodgers star Matt Kemp may make you cry
            The two-time All-Star gave a fan the shirt off his back, literally.

By CHRIS CHASE ? May 7, 2013 at 1:09pm EDT
            SHARE ON FACEBOOKSHARE ON TWITTEREMAIL
            Try not to get goosebumps or teary eyed while watching Los Angeles Dodgers star Matt Kemp greet a fan after a game in San Francisco.

The user who uploaded the video wrote that third-base coach Tim Wallach, who accompanied Kemp to greet the fan, told the fan?s father he?d try and get the superstar to come over after the game. Little did they know they?d get a handshake, autograph, jersey and shoes. I especially love the eye contact Kemp makes with the fan. He?s not just signing a ball, he?s making a connection.

?He came over after the game and made one of my best friends night,? the user wrote. ?He?s fighting a tough battle and this was such a great gift by Matt Kemp! I?ll never forget this.?
            AWESOME!
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Been a day or 2 since I've ventured into this thread. So let me start by saying a big congrats to Deb for her new job!

DL, I am truly in awe of your road trip and also hate you for not inviting me (j/k)

The Russian & Matt Kemp videos reminded me that there are still good people in the world. But I'm sure the Giants fans are pissed off since Kemp did the deed at Pac Bell Park.

Comment

• I too join the others in congratulating you on the new job Deb. if you have a few things you're unsure of, ask YT, he knows everything!

DL you are the man....What a fabulous journey....I can't see your pics...can anyone tell me a program I can use to open them?

I was on a bit of a voyage myself...Jamaica mon. I learned one thing very quickly...you don't say Yeah mon any time you feel like it...Apparently it is reserved for special moments of understanding or when you are making a promise.....(I suspect someone was pulling my leg, because I saw a lot of understanding and promises occuring.

the Jamaica trip was for my youngest daughter's wedding. Okay, I admit it, I was really choked up. Kids will do that to you won't they. God we love em to death even when they grow older and still thing parents know nothing.

My daughter is a real card, particularly when she is nervous. At thestart of the ceremony the minister told us to be seated....my daughter said "Can I sit too?"
                Later the mnister was talking to Andrea and said the usual...Andrea do you take Kevin as your one love and your true friend forever? She replied,

"Yeah Mon."

We were to have 54 guests at the wedding, but just hours before our departure my son's wife began having labour pains. She isn't due for another four weeks. they monitored her at the hospital but ruled out air travel. So they couldn't make it. She is back home, the baby is yuet to make an appearance.

However, four friends who said they couldn't make it surprised us by flying in two days later, just in time for the ceremony,
                Last edited by The Cat; May 9, 2013, 05:54 AM.

Comment

• Sounds great, Cat.

I can relate to witnessing a child getting married in an exotic setting.

It is these kinds of memories that get created, that make life a continuous joy.
                  I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• That's excellent, Cat. Congratulations to you and your family. Love the "Yeah Mon."!
                    2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Love it!

And did your travel go smoothly, Cat? Welcome back!
                      "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• My daughter learned to ride her bike without training wheels last night. Proud but feeling a little sentimental, too, to see that my baby girl isn't a baby anymore.
                        "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• ......asking for the car keys is not really that far away, Mom.
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I was about to say, soon she will develop her inner rock goddess
                            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Oh Tony, she was born with that! When she was about 2, every time she heard a song she liked she would say "is dis Bob Marley?"

Comment

• Welcome back Cat. Sounds like a great trip. Glad you enjoyed it. Congrats to you and your daughter.
                                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X