No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great news Mark! I'm keeping your folks in my prayers at night.

Comment

• Thanks YT.

.....and I too for you. Hope you find a new job soon!
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Thank you my friend!

Comment

• Malto- Give YT a job taking care of your Mom. I bet he'd keep her spirits up by making her laugh.

There, two problems solved with one swish of the brain.

Comment

• Well Folks......not even officially out of work yet and things may be picking up for me.

I was called by a company in Montreal (Bombardier) this afternoon and they would like me to do a phone interview with them.

They have a plant in the L.A. area that manufactures transit rail cars and they have 2 open positions for which they are looking for managers.

Wish me all the luck in the world.....

not only that I get one of the jobs but I don't get killed living in L.A.

Comment

• Good deal, YT. Sending good vibes your way.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Good luck YT!!

Comment

• YT-- thoughts and prayers out to ya. somewhere someone will luck out when you come into their life
                  If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• Good Luck, YT.
                    "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Oh my goodness!

A conversation with Mom revealed that yesterday (their second day alone, another brother had taken their things back to their home and left on Tuesday to come back to MI.) had a remarkable achievement.

Dad had to go pay some bills and left Mom at home, alone, for a brief period. While he was gone, she had to go to the bathroom. Between her hoveround and walker, she managed to get herself into the bathroom and do her business.

What an accomplishment! While a dangerous move when no one is around to help her in the event that she falls, psycologically, this is huge! Not only to me but, more importantly, to her.

The days are getting better all the time. Thanks to Mom for accepting my challenge and working on it. It is so heartwarming to know that she has not given up (which most of her children feared).

I am weeping tears of happiness as I type this.

Damn! I am getting way to emotional in my advanced age........

Comment

• That is sweet Malto...
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Great news Malto.

Good luck YT.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Awesome news Mark!

Thanks Y'all.

The phone interview went very well. I believe they will pay for me to come down to L.A. for a face-to-face interview within the next couple of weeks.

If all goes well with that, then they will give me a psychological test to determine what kind of manager I am.

If I get to this point, I'll let y'all know what kind of test it is and what answers I gave.

Comment

• Good luck YT.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by YT View Post

If all goes well with that, then they will give me a psychological test to determine what kind of manager I am.

If I get to this point, I'll let y'all know what kind of test it is and what answers I gave.
                                Rut ro Rorge. Don't tell them you know us until after you get hired!

Comment

Working...
                                X