Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
    Would have loved to have been around Lakenheath when they flew the SR-71 out of there. Wanting to have a child would be a somewhat unusual reaction to a low flying jet.
    I dunno. I can see where it might give some a woody.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
      Bring Bud, Bud. Lets go!
      You have to bring http://www.belhaven.co.uk/row/belhaven/standrews.php

2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Back in '86 I was handed orders for Lakenheath with the condition I extend my enlistment for 6 months. I turned down the orders because I was hating the AF at the time and figured to get out after 4 (in '88 ).

Everyone said I was stupid and they were right! 3 guys who had came to Travis after being at Upper Heyford told me I was making the biggest mistake of my life. Looking back....maybe they were right!
        Last edited by YT; May 17, 2013, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
          Back in '98, me and a buddy were sitting in a rowing boat one sunny afternoon on St Mary's Loch in the Scottish Borders doing a bit of trout fishing. Out of absolutely nowhere, two RAF Tornadoes came over the hills, down to near the water and rocketed over our heads. Must've only been a couple hundred feet above us. We both almost shit our underwear and capsized the boat. It was instant, loud, and quite bloody scary........, when not expecting it.
          Reminds me of a similar incident when I was in the Navy, Steaming about a mile off the coast of Cuba just outside Havana, we lost power and started drifting towards the coast. Once we got inside that mile radius General Quarters was sounded and in the confusion between the what's and why's and before we knew what was happening, we were buzzed by 3 MIG's. They came directly over mid-ship, where my station was, were so close I could see the pilots looking down at us. One of those things you say you never forget, but I haven't thought about that until Marko's post. Pretty scary at the time (1970).
          "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Originally posted by YT View Post
            Back in '86 I was handed orders for Lakenheath with the condition I extend my enlistment for 6 months. I turned down the orders because I was hating the AF at the time and figured to get out after 4 (in '88 ).

Everyone said I was stupid and they were right! 3 guys who had came to Travis after being at Upper Heyford told me I was making the biggest mistake of my life. Looking back....maybe they were right!
            I live 3 miles from Upper Heyford! Went there a number of times when it was operational. Played football with some guys stationed there too, all great guys. We even trained with the Skykings once.
            AAL Quintez Cephus
            If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Every year Seattle has a summer festival called "Seafair". The centerpiece are the hydroplane races with a show by the Blue Angels. The Blue Angels practice in the days leading up to the show in and around Seattle, including it seems like between buildings downtown. One year I swear I saw the pilots head as his plane flew past level with my 14th floor window.

One year I forgot they were practicing and was just walking down the street when one flew overhead. I thought it was World War III.
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I have travelled literally hundreds of miles for air show....There is something about the guttoral sound of those Hawker Sidelly and other jet engines that give me the goose bumps. The silent approach at 200 feet is fabulous....Without a doubt the greatest airshw I ever saw was at an airbase in North Bay Ontario. I was a guest of the commander, Butch Waldrom. The Blue Angels, Thunderbirds, Snowbirds the french team which I forget the name of and frecce tricolori all performed. The host team, the Snowbirds gave up their customary slot as the final performance in deference to frecce which was consider the best team of the day. colonel waldr0om who himself had bden a snowbird, leaned over to me while frecce were performing and said, "there's living on the edge and there's living on the edge....these guys are close to going over"......"The next year they had that horrible crash in
                Germany which resulted in many stunts being banned for all aerobatic teams.
                While my personal favorite is the F-18, the 15's you mention are a great craft. I have a friend who serviced them when he was in the military and said they were by far the best fighter plane going at the time. Man I get goosed thinking about it. My you tube home page is filled with fly bys....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYhrSySXL30"]EXTREME Crazy Low-Fly Over...Would You Do this ? - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Wow.....you have to have a lot of trust to do something like that......oh and brass balls.
                  AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                  2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                  3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                  4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                  5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                  6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                  7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Do you have the spitfire buzzing Alain De Cadenet?

[ame]http://youtu.be/AmR-A-yJknw[/ame]
                    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• not to take anything away from the capability of the older planes and their pilots, but I wan't the oomph of the jet thrusters,.

Comment

• True but a rolls royce merlin and the prop wash associated with it just high enough to give you a haircut has to have it's own thrill.
                        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Here's one from the famous airport at St. Maarten with a 747 going towards the beach. (uncommon)

[ame]http://youtu.be/eu91oZ2_Vag[/ame]

Comment

• Cool stuff by your daughter, Sharky.

I'll take her store info as well. Not really a buyer at this time but I like looking at cool art.
                            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I was at the Rose Bowl in 1990. UM vs USC. Had to be one of the first flyovers as I had never heard/ seen it before. Scared the shit out of us. It was timed perfectly.
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Shark, there's plenty of interest to just post the link here. Although I will say you are the most elaborate spammer ever. Getting cancer and watching the lions for 10 years just to spam the board was genius!
                                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Working...
                                X