No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf is not the best of TV spectator sports....., especially the 1st 2nd and 3rd rounds. But the business end of the 4th round is always worth a viewing.
    For the majors, I concur
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Heading down to U.S. Celluar Field later today, for tonights Tigers game.
      Gonna be a good good day.
      Hoping Mad Max picks up his 14th W!

Comment

• Have a great time SeaRay!
        ------------
        <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• The NBA or Golf? Ha. NBA in a lanslide. Golf is booooooooooooooooring. I'd rather go waste another 3 weeks cleaning my garage than watch FIGJAM golf.

Comment

• The last 3 minutes of an NBA gane can last as long as a full round of golf. And that's already painful.
            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• No way. Playing golf - cool. Watching golf - awful. The only good it is for is taking a Sunday afternoon nap.

Comment

• I'm just saying the end of some of the games takes an eternitity to play out

Comment

• It is strange how we are different across that "pond". Some of my buddies can't believe I watch American Football...., they think it's "boring stop/start shit". I wholeheartedly disagree of course.

But Basketball? Ffs. It's absolute feckin monotonous. Can't be arsed wiki'ing it, but who the fuck invented that pish? Was it Britain or America? Bunch of 7ft 8 freaks couldn't Play feck all else so they had to invent something different,

I love playing golf (badly) and watching it...,,, love British golf commentator Peter Alliss....., very funny guy.
                  "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Playing golf can be healthy with all the walking. Basketball also including lots of running!
                    Memorial Day 2018!

Comment

• Originally posted by Passepartout View Post
                      Playing golf can be healthy with all the walking. Basketball also including lots of running!
                      That does not explain why one would be a better spectator sport than the other.

........and the walking in golf. Ya, if you are on the PGA circuit where it is mandatory to walk the course. Go to any public or private course and look at the percentage of players that walk vs ride.

Most that participate in golf are not getting the walking of the course, only from the cart to the ball.
                      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• The cart is definitely an American thing. I mean obviously there are carts in Britain, but most walk with bag/trolley or just bag.
                        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• depends on the course and the setting. If I'm doing a quick nine on a local muni track like taylor meadows or whispering willow then I'm going to drag the bag. The weekend foursome with the boys is more social on the carts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                            depends on the course and the setting. If I'm doing a quick nine on a local muni track like taylor meadows or whispering willow then I'm going to drag the bag. The weekend foursome with the boys is more social on the carts.
                            Translation: Like most Americans, if I am on a short course with only half the distance, I am good to go.

Otherwise, walking has no advantage because you have to wait for the guys in the carts in front of you, anyway.
                            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Taking a crap can be healthy. Sometimes I walk to the men's room, sometimes I run. However watching me take a crap is no spectator sport.
                              "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• ^ lol, superb. ^

Comment

Working...
                                X