No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, wow. That's right. Daytona 500 today.

That is the first race I ever saw as a young lad. Watching Al Unser, Richard Petty, Bobby Allison, A.J.Foyt trying to best each other, then seeing the spectacular crashes hooked me as a soon to be driver.

I don't watch is much anymore but do like to tune into the pageantry of the Daytona 500.

Thanks for the heads up. I wold have missed it.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• The 500 is next weekend
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Hmmmmmm.

It was always the same weekend as Valentines Day.

Thanks for the update.

.......now back to my regularly scheduled Sunday.

...............Sounds like I am going to be brewing next week when the race is on.

Comment

• got every thing booked..now just move up the calender
          If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• Originally posted by THE STEE View Post
            got every thing booked..now just move up the calender
            You scheduled a layover in Los Angeles right? Safe travels to you and the Mrs.
            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• we are stopping inSan Fran for a hour and a half..planning on doing a trip soon to wc..you can believe I would let you know first my friend

Comment

• That would make me very happy. I would love to be your tour guide for a full day.
                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• both kids are coming for a visit today..been almost a month..have come to realize how much I treasure time with them

Comment

both kids are coming for a visit today..been almost a month..have come to realize how much I treasure time with them
                    Good for you, Stee.

You and your wife are wonderful parents and you are just starting to get paid back for the sacrifices and hard work you put into raising them.

Just wait until grandbabies come into the scene.

It doesn't get any better.

Comment

both kids are coming for a visit today..been almost a month..have come to realize how much I treasure time with them
                      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• What Dano said.
                        "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• DirectTV guy just left. AT@T provides their internet and phone here. Total savings of $50.00/month. More channels, Premium channels, DVR which allows me to record up to five channels which I didn't have before, better picture, and probably some more amenities I'm forgetting. WooooooooHooooooooooo.
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• The big question with the sats is the snow/storm haze. If that doesn't happen, then it sounds like a win
                            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Well it was snowing pretty good here after installation and no issues. I've had DirectTV before and rarely had any issues. I've read others claim similar. Don't think that's going to be an issue.
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                                DirectTV guy just left. AT@T provides their internet and phone here. Total savings of $50.00/month. More channels, Premium channels, DVR which allows me to record up to five channels which I didn't have before, better picture, and probably some more amenities I'm forgetting. WooooooooHooooooooooo.
                                Originally posted by DanO View Post
                                Well it was snowing pretty good here after installation and no issues. I've had DirectTV before and rarely had any issues. I've read others claim similar. Don't think that's going to be an issue.
                                Funny, I used to have Direct TV at work and they called me yesterday to offer me Basic, HD, HBO, Showtime, NBA, NFL, MLB and a DVR for $39.00 a month. When I left them, I was paying $62.00 a month for Basic and HD.

I also switched from Direct TV at home because as luck would have it, a thunderstorm prevented me from watching about half of the first game of the season a few years back and overall, I had about 4 or 5 times that year that the game was interrupted due to storms.

Really, it did not happen too often but that year, the timing was about as bad as you could get and it pissed me off.

Comment

Working...
                                X