No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I used to have Direct TV at work and they called me yesterday to offer me Basic, HD, HBO, Showtime, NBA, NFL, MLB and a DVR for $39.00 a month
    How long was that rate good for?
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• It's usually a year offer, Tony. Funny thing is, I called Charter to cancel and then they wanted to offer me competitive prices. I just renewed with them a couple months ago and I wasn't offered this "deal". They asked if there was anyway they could keep me. I told them they should have offered me a better deal. When I went onto their website to get their phone number they had a package for all three services for the same price as DirectTV. Didn't come with all the other amenities though. The quality of the picture is even better.

Anyone else who might be interested we can each save $10.00/month for ten months with a referral.
      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Good deal, DanO. I loves me some DTV
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I had DTV for for 14 years and rarely had issues with the signal being lost. Approaching storms with huge thunderheads would cause the signal to break up, but in all those years, I'd guess three times maybe?
          "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• My daughter was moved up from the JV basketball team to the Varsity for the playoffs. First game is tonight.
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
              It's usually a year offer, Tony. Funny thing is, I called Charter to cancel and then they wanted to offer me competitive prices. I just renewed with them a couple months ago and I wasn't offered this "deal". They asked if there was anyway they could keep me. I told them they should have offered me a better deal. When I went onto their website to get their phone number they had a package for all three services for the same price as DirectTV. Didn't come with all the other amenities though. The quality of the picture is even better.

Anyone else who might be interested we can each save $10.00/month for ten months with a referral.
              With the Genie internet connection, you can still watch a lot of DTV through the internet if/when weather interrupts the sat. dish feed.

I dig my DTV Genie. Just wish it was more like that chick that lived in the bottle on Tv. ;)
              Last edited by Panoptes; February 26, 2014, 07:31 PM.
              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Hannah davis would be ok too
                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I only wish they would provide a box I can hide on the back of our small kitchen tv.
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Congrats, DanO.

Are they allowed an expanded roster for the playoffs or is she taking someones place who is injured?

Either way, sounds like she is playing Varsity next year.
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Don't know the answer to that, Mark. I don't think it's either. They don't have a lot of players on either team.
                      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• There are good people in this world.

Unbeknownst to me, I left my camera bag in the rental car that I returned in my grief fog about a week ago. Yesterday I received a message through Linked In from the guy who rented the same vehicle after me. Somehow he got my name and tracked me down to return $1000 worth of camera equipment that I hadn't even realized I had lost. So I am meeting him later this afternoon to pick it up from him.

I am going to endorse the shit out of him on Linked In. :-)
                        "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Cool story Kay, just make sure you meet him in a public place.

Comment

• I'm so sorry Kay.

It is great though when you find a ray of hope in times like that though.
                            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Congrats Dano. Tell your Daughter good luck.

Very cool Kay. How about endorsing me on Linkedin?

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post
                                There are good people in this world.

Unbeknownst to me, I left my camera bag in the rental car that I returned in my grief fog about a week ago. Yesterday I received a message through Linked In from the guy who rented the same vehicle after me. Somehow he got my name and tracked me down to return $1000 worth of camera equipment that I hadn't even realized I had lost. So I am meeting him later this afternoon to pick it up from him.

I am going to endorse the shit out of him on Linked In. :-)
                                Good for you. Back in the late 80's I found a briefcase on my way to work. After getting to work I opened it trying to find info as to who the owner was. When I found it I called him. He came and got the briefcase shortly thereafter. He was profusely thankful telling me he had a lot of valuable information in it. He afford me a reward. I turned it down. Having lost my wallet a few times prior and never having it returned, I told him what I wanted was if he ever found something of value he make a concerted effort to return it to it's rightful owner in the condition he found it in.
                                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X