No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She must be thought of very highly, YT! Nice!!
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by YT View Post
      The school district out here doesn't start summer break until June 13th. :(

The wife was telling me the other night that earlier that day the principal of the school she works at called her in, had her close the door, take a seat, read this document & sign it. The wife thought she was being disciplined or fired.

Turns out the document was the application being submitted for her nomination for Employee of the Year at her school!

If she wins, she will be nominated for Employee of the Year for the District!
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
        any perk in that?
        If your kid went to her school you wouldn't need to ask that.

Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
        She must be thought of very highly, YT! Nice!!
        Thanks Deb!

She is highly thought of throughout the district.

When I meet someone new that works in the district I mention my wife works at a elementary school and mention her name. The response is always the same.....Oh she is sooooooo sweet and nice and helpful.

Too bad she's not that nice to me!

Comment

• If your kid went to her school you wouldn't need to ask that.
          I mean does she get more than a paper?
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
            I mean does she get more than a paper?
            Officially no....but it's the recognition and prestige she will receive throughout the school district that counts.

Plus with all the budget cuts and layoffs the district has been experiencing anything that keeps her in the positive spotlight helps.

She has also been told that she will move up to school secretary once the old secretary retires. Unfortunately that may not be for another 3+ years

Comment

• Cool!
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

The wife was telling me the other night that earlier that day the principal of the school she works at called her in, had her close the door, take a seat, read this document & sign it. The wife thought she was being disciplined or fired.

Turns out the document was the application being submitted for her nomination for Employee of the Year at her school!

Nice work Leti.
                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

Wow!

I would have thought that an explanation of papers signed would be an automatically expected procedure from a School District.

Congrats to Mrs, YT.
                  I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Nice work Leti!

And enjoy, Nick. You guys earn it!!
                    "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Congratulations to Mrs. YT! That's awesome!
                      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Good Job
                        "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Thanks all.

I'll pass along everybody's best wishes after she finishes cooking dinner.....BLT's!!!!

BTW, it's really hot in the kitchen and we don't have a/c in there. But she's a trooper!

Comment

• I'm late to the party, but nice job Mrs. YT!

Comment

• congrats to the Mrs..
                              If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• I have been friends for nearly 51 years with my buddy Rick..His kids are friends with my kids, his wife and mine are friends, you just cannot find better people. Each year that I do not make it to Massachusetts for Memorial Day he makes sure that flowers are placed on my fathers gravesite. My motto is and always be "A man will never die, until or unless he is forgotten. I will never forget" Please take time to Remember someone that has passed that they will always stay alive in your heart. Happy Memorial Day, especially all here that have served
                                If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

Working...
                                X