Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well said Stee.

Here's to the crews of Jockey 14 and Spirit 03. Brothers in arms. Never forgotten.
    Last edited by Trickalicious; May 26, 2014, 10:47 AM.
    Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Originally posted by THE STEE View Post
      I have been friends for nearly 51 years with my buddy Rick..His kids are friends with my kids, his wife and mine are friends, you just cannot find better people. Each year that I do not make it to Massachusetts for Memorial Day he makes sure that flowers are placed on my fathers gravesite. My motto is and always be "A man will never die, until or unless he is forgotten. I will never forget" Please take time to Remember someone that has passed that they will always stay alive in your heart. Happy Memorial Day, especially all here that have served
      Very nice STEE.

Congrats Leti.
      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Stee.....you've done it again.....great post......

YT,,,congrats to your Mrs....I watched some of the CNN series "Chicagoland."
        The principal in the series reawakened me to the dedication displayed by so many educators under stressful circumstances to say the least.

Hey Gonz........Did you go to the LA Chicago game the other night? I fell asleep and missed the finish. If you were there you must have had the time of your life. (Other than when you go to the forum game.)

Comment

• Second day of vacation and I'm stuck on jury duty :(

Comment

• Originally posted by The Cat View Post
            Hey Gonz........Did you go to the LA Chicago game the other night?
            Um, no.

Why would I pay hundreds of dollars to go see 2 teams I do not like, at all?

/rhetorical ;)
            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• My eldest son moved from the Metro Area to Houston TX 10 months after his eldest son was born. He is now 4 1/2. They since have added to the family, another boy who turned 3 last Friday.

I used to babysit for the eldest before they moved but he was too young to remember me. We only get to see them when they come into town for weddings or holidays or we go to visit them (which we do at least once a year). Other than that we occasionally skype but skyping is not a valued form of communication when trying to carry on with toddlers and pre-schoolers.

Son got a promotion so he is moving from North of Huston to South of Dallas. They sold their house last month and recently purchased a new one. The owners of their new house wanted 30 days before having to vacate so, since there was about 3 weeks between having to move out, and getting into their new house, his wife and the kids came back to Michigan to live with her mom.

They came over last night to celebrate the youngests 3rd birthday and it was the most memorable visit for both me and the kids.

They miss their Dad. He is a get on the ground and wrestle with you type of Dad. He does a lot of that with the boys. When they came into the house yesterday, the eldest ran right up to me for a hug and a kiss (as I assume he remembers our most recent trip to visit and our daily walks to the park). The youngest was a bit shy and put offish.

I popped the DVD Planes into the tube to give the kids something they were familiar with to watch and to try to be an icebreaker conversation wise.

Within minutes of popping in the DVD, the youngest jumps up on the couch and walks over to me and plops himself in my lap to watch. Soon after, he decided he wanted to wrestle around. We spent a couple of hours taking turns wrestling with Pops (that's what I am called by my grandkids) and had a blast.

Mom says, wow, they really do need to have a guy in their lives, don't they? I said yup, boys love to wrestle and especially with someone who knows what their limitations are and how to wrestle with them.

We had an outstanding visit that prompted another one on Sunday before they head to their new home in the Dallas area.

Today is a very good day!
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Very nice read MM.

I can feel your happiness in that post.
                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Sounds like a great evening, Mark. I really enjoyed the Dallas area when I visited a year or two ago. Hopefully you will have frequent visits.
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                    My eldest son moved from the Metro Area to Houston TX 10 months after his eldest son was born. He is now 4 1/2. They .......

....Today is a very good day!
                    AAL Quintez Cephus
                    If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• NBC premieres a new comedy tonight (Undateable) that's supposed to be set in metro Detroit. In the screen cap I saw, one of the main characters is wearing a Lions jacket...

I suppose that could make him Undateable to some.
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                        NBC premieres a new comedy tonight (Undateable) that's supposed to be set in metro Detroit. In the screen cap I saw, one of the main characters is wearing a Lions jacket...

I suppose that could make him Undateable to some.
                        Will this be the first since Home Improvement?

And nice to read that Malto, good stuff. You are "pops" and I'm "papa". :D
                        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                          You are "pops" and I'm "papa". :D
                          poopoo grande.jpgpoopoo bug.jpgpoopoo bloo.jpgpoopoo doc.jpgpoopoo pizza.jpg
                          Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                            We had an outstanding visit that prompted another one on Sunday before they head to their new home in the Dallas area.

Today is a very good day!
                            2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickalicious View Post
                              [ATTACH]3521[/ATTACH][ATTACH]3522[/ATTACH][ATTACH]3523[/ATTACH][ATTACH]3524[/ATTACH][ATTACH]3525[/ATTACH]
                              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• You didn't show them how to jump off the coffee table to deliver the People's Elbow did you? good times MM
                                If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

Working...
                                X