Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks D.

You know I'll be firing up some cigaros while near the motherland of cigars.
    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• :-)
      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Anyone here like conch? Do you have a favorite restaurant near Orlando or from Miami on South, that serves it up well? I can't remember the place near Key Largo that a customs agent at the port of Miami recommended because he lived in KL and he said it was the best. I would never intentionally eat "escargo" but I ate up those conch fritters. A snail. Really? Could have been all the beer while trying to stay hydrated.

My wife remembered the name of the place. ALABAMA JACK'S. Yep
          Last edited by Panoptes; June 3, 2014, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• You should try to talk to OP in the U-M forum. He lives in south beach
            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Sound nice G. We enjoyed our time in Florida, not sure if you are into Rockets, and it's not quite a shuttle, but you could get lucky and see the first test launch of the Orion spacecraft (albeit unmanned). Due to launch in December at the moment.

The first test flight of NASA's new Orion space capsule for deep-space exploration will be three months late, launching in December 2014, NASA says.
              AAL Quintez Cephus
              If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• I want to try me some Conch.
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                  I want to try me some Conch.
                  2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• OooooooooLaLa
                    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• OMG LFIJ, you are a twisted, twisted man. :-)
                      "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• lord of the.....surrrrrrpriiiiisee.
                        Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post
                          OMG LFIJ, you are a twisted, twisted man. :-)
                          I did a google search for "I have the conch", because I wanted a Lord of the Flies picture, and that one came up too. It was too perfect to pass up after I saw DanO's post. :D
                          2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• [ame]http://youtu.be/gPVrFIP0CMs[/ame]
                            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by DeanUK View Post
                              Sound nice G. We enjoyed our time in Florida, not sure if you are into Rockets, and it's not quite a shuttle, but you could get lucky and see the first test launch of the Orion spacecraft (albeit unmanned). Due to launch in December at the moment.

http://www.space.com/25086-nasa-orio...st-flight.html
                              Definitely looking into now. Good lead....

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                                Yup, not a beach resort town, rather a very unique mix of local flavor and nice weather.

I would suggest bypassing Miami on the toll roads. I was too cheap to get on the toll road and would have cost about 2 bucks to save an hours drive. (Beware in a rental car, you do not have to stop and pay, it gets automatically paid and you get billed for it, and an additional fee from the rental company for administration). My toll bill came to $6.35 (I used the toll roads going home in Florida) and was charged a $17.50 administrative fee.

But for the majority of the time the drive is pretty boring and there is nothing there until you hit Key West

I dunno. I saw a giant lobster, a giant shrimp and lots of pelicans and restrooms.
                                Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                Yeah I've never used the Sun Pass willingly on the rental cars. I expense it, so the cost isn't an issue, but the charge wouldn't come on my American Express until 10 days after my trip ended. And you are supposed to get the expense report in 7 days or they start giving you a hassle especially if the earlier charges get past 30 days. So I have a system in which I keep two dollar bills and 4 quarters because the south toll road out of MCO is two stops at $1.50.

You have to watch and make sure the transponder isn't left in the on position. They'll forget sometimes to switch to the off position and you be in the unfortunate position of going through the toll booth and they won't accept your money.

The thing I didn't like about the beach at Key West is the water did not have smooth sand under it, it was coral or rock. But we went to the main beach exclusively, I had heard on the other side of the island where the campground is was a little better.
                                Toll roads sound annoying. Won't stop us.

Comment

Working...
                                X