Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think your turn signal is out.
    Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• At first I thought it was a Ford GT. And that would have made me insanely jealous.

Comment

• Replica.
          Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Cool, what will you use for the chassis, motor, etc?

Comment

• I think I've almost decided upon a fiero. Possibly a Buick 3.8L motor. Maybe a newer motor if I can find a donor car with full computer / electrical / airbags / interior, etc. that I can adapt.
              Lions Fans.

Comment

• I got the Edge. I love it so far. It's nice to not have to worry about car problems anymore.

Sent from my XT1080

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                  I think I've almost decided upon a fiero. Possibly a Buick 3.8L motor. Maybe a newer motor if I can find a donor car with full computer / electrical / airbags / interior, etc. that I can adapt.
                  Keep us posted. That would be a serious car with that GN 3.8 Buick turbo. I'd love the see the end result.

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
                    Keep us posted. That would be a serious car with that GN 3.8 Buick turbo. I'd love the see the end result.
                    Yeah, well it is a long-term project - so it will be a while. Not going for fast, actually. Hoping for fuel economy. Have not ruled out front wheel drive.

I really like what this guy has done:

But the way it opens is just plain cool.

Lions Fans.

Comment

• The first two pics aren't showing up for me, but the third one looks nice.

Comment

• The third one is an electric conversion (cool too).

avenger-valkyrie.org/featuredcars/earlharper/
                        Last edited by dpatnod; January 9, 2015, 06:17 PM.
                        Lions Fans.

Comment

• Very nice. So I did a little research and that body came in 3 versions, a V-Dub, Corvair, and V-8 mated to a Corvair trans-axle. That would be a pretty cool car with the Corvair Turbo. I had one of those once upon a time. Loved it. I could really shut down the Gremlins, VW's, Vega's, and Pinto's with it. Ha!

Comment

• Mine looked like this - same paint/interior and a rag top. I miss that little car.

Comment

• Yessir. This one is the V-dub flavor. The engines mated to Corvair transaxles I believe had to be setup to rotate the opposite way, or the transaxle had to be flipped over to turn the wheels the correct way. I just got a wild hair growing and decided to mate it with some 50+ year newer technology and engineering.

I was condisdering an S-10 frame and chassis (cheap parts!), after seeing some people use those under vw beetles to build v-8 bugs.

carmensbugs.proboards.com/thread/8/v8-super-beetle-project

But I am thinking of going a different route because I am skeptical I could ever get it to sit low enough to look right. Fiero seems like a great candidate - rear engined, much more modern suspension and features.

It should be a lot of fun. I am sure I will spout many choice words normally reserved for Lions games in the process. But I will get to put my sawsall and welder to lots of use!
                              Lions Fans.

Comment

• Sorry to but in - glad you like the Edge!
                                Lions Fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X