No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep up the fight Sharky, our prayers are with you.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    "Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate and doubt, to offer a solution everybody can understand."
    Colin Powell

Comment

• Thoughts and prayers for Sharky, brother.
      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Stay strong, brotha.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
          My daughter wrote another song...

https://youtu.be/z2PyYsdCGxw
          So cute. And I love her t-shirt!!
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharkbait View Post
            Havn't, .... thanks for asking. This time the chemo really hit me hard, going to take a longer recovery time. Each dose includes 9 sessions, should be 8 more doses, (72 more sessions), but, seriously, I'd never make it through 8 more. Doctor agrees, spent all of March in the hospital, ended up with a mild case of pneumonia, not sure where all this is going. Doctors plan is to continue with a "milder, more user friendly" type of chemo. He says it's more to keep things in check than an end - all to end all. The writings on the wall. Fucking Stafford.
            I'm sorry to hear this. :( Hoping the docs are wrong and didn't count on your stubborn toughness.
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Thanks everyone, Lion Fans are tough, dedicated, and stubborn. That's why we are Lion Fans. I carry that with me through life.
              "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• This is hilarious:

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharkbait View Post
                  Thanks everyone, Lion Fans are tough, dedicated, and stubborn. That's why we are Lion Fans. I carry that with me through life.
                  Hoping for the best, Mick. Maybe when things settle down here we can get on Skype again.
                  2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Think about you all the time, Shark.

Sending 528hz waves your way.
                      ------------
                      <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Just don't send the 7 hz.
                        Lions Fans.

Comment

• I have been looking for two weeks for a decent car (can be tough in Michigan in some price ranges). My daughter's 17th is Monday. She was able to stay over this weekend, and so Saturday morning a suprise 'appeared' in the driveway after breakfast.

I told her she had to come outside and see this dog that had just run by. When we came around the corner of the house and the car was there, I hung a Dr. Who (she's a fan) lanyard around her neck with the keys hanging off of it.

It was pretty fantastic, and believe it or not I was like a kid Christmas night not being able to sleep planning it.

Possibly the best day this year, so far.
                          Attached Files
                          Lions Fans.

Comment

• Nice
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                              My ol' Jimmy has served me well for a long time - but gave me the middle finger this morning. Just too cold, I think the fuel line froze.

If the Ford's pull their NFL advertising, maybe I will consider buying a Ford (only ever owned GM products - except for my first car, a Subaru).

Anyhow, a couple of months ago I picked this up. You may laugh now, but give me a couple of years!!!!

And yeah... I am going to be dealing with some blind spots.
                              It's been a minute. So, February before last (2015), the day before the Superbowl I drove from Kazoo down to Columbus and hauled home a 1988 fiero that had obviously been sitting for a long time. Got caught in the worst blizzard of the year driving back in the last hour. It was bad enough that me and my friend had to pull of the highway and take back roads from a pretty far ways away. Pretty scary ride. Decided to wait until morning to try and get it off the trailer, and we had about 18 inches of snow, and two flat tires on the fiero. Was quite an adventure just to clear a spot and get it off the trailer. The fiero sat there a good long time, unable to move or be moved.

I have learned to weld in the last year, restored the fiero's gas tank (a whole big deal), restored the interior, headlight motors, exhaust, and engine enough that it is on the road and driving fairly well (thing is a big go-kart) with it's stock Iron Duke 4 cylinder.

I have decided upon putting in a Cadillac 4.9L 8-cylinder engine to be swapped into it along with the cadillac 4 speed automatic (30 mpg highway in the fiero is to be expected if you are responsible with your right foot) and torue out the ..., so will be looking for that parts car soon. I had initially decided a Supercharged 3800 V6 as my choice, but...... I think in the end I don't care about top end speed, but the huge torque pretty much throughout the power band - quick vs. fast I guess, is what sounds most fun in a street cruiser. Plus, the V8 sound is pretty awesome.

I would love to stretch the chassis a bit, and include a rumble seat for my dog behind the front seats - but I think I am leaning towards more or less keeping the fiero space-frame as is, except for some reinforcement that will allow for a temporary (or permanent) chop top. And now that I can drive the thing, I really don't want to screw up the geometry of the chassis - it sure is fun (although the engine is a dog). That car is so low, getting in, it's a little rediculous. And from what I have seen in other projects sort of similar to mine, to look right and not like a ferrari on a 4x4 frame it will need to be dropped a bit more.

Currently, I am deciding if I want to pursue the engine swap first, or get the kit car body put on the fiero chassis first, then pursue the engine swap.

Blinker is still out, but things are happening!

Last edited by dpatnod; April 24, 2016, 10:04 PM.
                              Lions Fans.

Comment

• Looking at this thread's old pages, there was a guy named coin-operated on here a lot for a while. He must have left?
                                Lions Fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X