• Your drinking hand still works right?

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
      Your drinking hand still works right?

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!

Ha! No problems there.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• CGVT-- now you can order around everyone at home and get away with it for a change.
        If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• Originally posted by THE STEE View Post
          CGVT-- now you can order around everyone at home and get away with it for a change.
          Ha! Not for long. I think they're tired of it already...
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
            Yeah, it was pretty bad, Deb. I had a bump about the size of the end of my thumb on the back of my heel underneath the Achilles Tendon where it attaches to the heel. Apparently it was caused by slight injuries to and healing of the tendon. Basically every time I flexed my foot the spur would rub on the tendon and irritate the hell out of it. I was favoring it which was causing problems with my other leg.

It will be nice to get up and not walk around like Fred Sanford and I look forward to being able to run again.
            Ouch. Hope you heal quickly and get back to "normal" soon then.
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Good news Cap'n!
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

I am laying on the couch with my leg elevated and a bottle of percocet by my side.
                Yeah, Percocet makes my day too!
                Your right! Matty Boy will save us all!!

Comment

• A real live modern peg leg Captain.

GWS
                  19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Yeah, Percocet makes my day too!
                    It doesn't seem to be doing much for me other than making me drowzy.

I think I am getting better pain relief from the Motrin I am taking in between doses of percocet

Maybe I should wash one down with a beer...;)

Comment

Maybe I should wash one down with a few beers...;)
                      FIFY
                      Your right! Matty Boy will save us all!!

Comment

• Hey CG, hope you feel better soon. It will soon be behind you. Cutting the tendon? Yikes. That would have been enough for me to put it off for a good long time.

Comment

• Thanks all

They didn't completely detach the tendon. The Doc cut an approx three inch vertical slit and then cut from the center toward the outer edge of the tendon (both ways) leaving the bottom outer corners attached. They use a chisel to remove the spur and then the screws are set like a box and the tendon is stitched up like a corsett.

It's a newer procedure. They used to completely detach the tendon and it usually took over a year to heal. I should be up sooner than that...

Comment

• Goodness.

I had an ankle bracelet tattooed on my ankle many years ago and couldn't walk for a week because of the needle scraping into the tendon. I can't imagine the pain you're in.
                            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• next time put it on a more fleshy piece of skin deb,,,,,,,,,,,
                              If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• Now you tell me.
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X