Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    I thought Brits had to have their steaks cooked like hockey pucks.
    Think you're right Froot. My mom was from England and I grew up HATING steak (she cooked it very well done). In college I had my first medium rare steak, and thought, "oh, this is what it's supposed to taste like".

Comment

• Originally posted by Lem B View Post
      Think you're right Froot. My mom was from England and I grew up HATING steak (she cooked it very well done). In college I had my first medium rare steak, and thought, "oh, this is what it's supposed to taste like".
      Similar to me, my Mum always cooks a roast until it is grey and crumbly, wasn't until I was an adult until I discovered that it could be red

One of the things I wanted for my Dad was to try a nice juicy steak before he died, but he wouldn't touch one.
      Steaks with marbling were non existent a few years ago, but now they are more common. I've even found a place here that sells USDA choice steaks so a bit of progress and can find some good meat at some places.
      AAL Quintez Cephus
      If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• The blonde in the photo, Dean? Is she the competitive eater?

Nice looking steak as well. I think the older generation of steak nukers are running out now. I'd bet most 50's and younger British people prefer the medium or medium/rare steaks.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
          The blonde in the photo, Dean? Is she the competitive eater?

Nice looking steak as well. I think the older generation of steak nukers are running out now. I'd bet most 50's and younger British people prefer the medium or medium/rare steaks.
          Yes (Her name is Kate Ovens) and Yes. I still struggle to find a nice steak out, but this place looked good and looking at others plates filled me with optimism. Mind you it was ?26.50.
          Last edited by DeanUK; October 28, 2016, 10:45 AM.
          AAL Quintez Cephus
          If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• ?26-50?!!! Sack that! I grudge 18 quid at Frankie & Bennys.
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• My girlfriend is originally from Nebraska, and she likes her steaks well done, which is considered sacrilege there.

I don't know how she can do it. I like mine medium rare at the most.
              Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Medium rare for me.
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                  Medium rare for me.
                  Years ago I worked for British Gas......, one particular Christmas night out at a restaurant in the Cowgate of Edinburgh, a colleague Neil said to the Waitess, "Steak, extremely rare"....., another guy, Archie said, "Extremely rare, Neil?" .... Neil said, "oh aye! Unless the blood is running down my face, I ain't happy!"
                  Archie ran to the toilet and threw up!

Comment

• My son was just awarded an internship next semester to be a strength and conditioning coach for Wayne State with the stipulation that if he works out OK, he will become a paid (nominal) member of the coaching staff in June and automatic acceptance to Grad School in the fall.

I have no doubt he will work out OK. He is smart and this is his dream job.

Brad Galli ‏@BradGalli [ame="https://twitter.com/BradGalli/status/792058541641240578"]16m16 minutes ago[/ame] Wayne State is a D-II power again. @kaciehollinsTV spent the day with the @waynestwarriors.

The Wayne State Warriors may be the best local team you're not watching right now, but according to the team, they're just fine flying "under the radar".
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Congrats to your son Marko, is that him in the picture?
                      AAL Quintez Cephus

Comment

• Cool beans MM!
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• No, Dean.

This is him.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Congrats to your son Alex, Malto.
                            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• That's great news, Mark. I'm sure he'll do well.
                              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Thanks guys (no disrespect intended, Deb)!

It is his dream to be a strength and conditioning coach for a pro sports team or to get a few well to do clients that need a personal trainer.

This is a step in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
                                X