Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
    [emoji106]
    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Awesome gig in the Weig last night. They get better with age. The energy levels of Bruce Dickinson is just unbelievable. Wife loved it. She wants to go to Aberdeen tonight and see them again. Highlights were Glasgows participation with both Blood Brothers and Fear of the Dark..... raises the hair on the neck! Memorable night.
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• She liked it? Was she already partial to some heavy metal?

When I offered my wife to join me at my last Maiden concert, she heard concert and perked up but then it hit her I said IRON MAIDEN, which promptly led to a no thanks. Hah

Which I knew would be the answer but I had to ask anyway. My brother and I enjoyed the show just the same.

By chance, did they play Phantom of the Opera? And Fear of the Dark is always a big hit with most fans. I'm not one of them though. Like the song, don't like the whole participation thing with that song.

Glad you two both enjoyed the show and made the trip safely. Thanks for sharing.
        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Oh yes, Sacha is a proper metal fan, buddy. She loves her rock music. You should walk in here when she's doing women's shit like sweeping up (that'll annoy a few ) ..... she'll have "Aces High" blasting from the speakers and pretending the broomstick is a microphone stand and mic!

No, they didn't play Phantom......, only track from that album was "Iron Maiden"......, but they did play "Wrathchild" from the "Killers" album. Was fkn awesome.

Wife a bit pissed off tonight because I wasn't paying the 500quid for tickets, train, hotel to Aberdeen to see them again. I was like, "we've just saw them!!"...., she was like, "I want to see them againnnnnnnn!" I then said "Fk that" but in a more diplomatic way!

Edit: They are in the Oakland area on June 5th......., this near you?
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
            Oh yes, Sacha is a proper metal fan, buddy. She loves her rock music. You should walk in here when she's doing women's shit like sweeping up (that'll annoy a few ) ..... she'll have "Aces High" blasting from the speakers and pretending the broomstick is a microphone stand and mic!

No, they didn't play Phantom......, only track from that album was "Iron Maiden"......, but they did play "Wrathchild" from the "Killers" album. Was fkn awesome.

Wife a bit pissed off tonight because I wasn't paying the 500quid for tickets, train, hotel to Aberdeen to see them again. I was like, "we've just saw them!!"...., she was like, "I want to see them againnnnnnnn!" I then said "Fk that" but in a more diplomatic way!

Edit: They are in the Oakland area on June 5th......., this near you?
            Your wife has great taste in music.

Oakland is about a 3.5 hour drive north of me. A bit far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
              Your wife has great taste in music.

Oakland is about a 3.5 hour drive north of me. A bit far.

While this is not the case, you should also mention that in California and Texas you can be 60 miles from your destination but travel time can be 3.5 hours.;-)
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• First time I saw maiden was awesome (Powerslave tour I believe). The last time sucked. They had a third guitar player, forget his name - seems like it was some norwegian dude.
                It seemed like he was playing a different song than the rest of the band. Do I remember right? - that Adrian left for a minute, and then came back - and this dufus was still touring with them or something? They brought him in when Adrian 'retired', then Adrian came back, and they were stuck with him for a minute, and he wouldn't leave because he was contracted or something? I just remember a tank at the concert, and a military Eddie theme. Was really dissapointing. It was after the album with Alexander the Great, Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner, etc. where a couple of albums were below their usual awesomeness I thought. The terminator Eddie I think?

It seemed like the rest of the band was ignoring dufus through the whole show. They were killing it, and he was just like noodling his own thing throughout their shit.

But it ruined how tight they are as a band at that show. Shit, can't remember wtf tour that was. Too bad, because they are so fucking awesome live.

Rush was also fucking awesome live when I saw them at the Palace. Yeah Metallica was good and all both times I saw them, but FUCKING MAIDEN ya bawbags! Not to be fucked with! And Dave Mustain (sp?) was the best Metallica.
                Last edited by dpatnod; May 18, 2017, 01:43 AM.
                Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Sounds like the "Matter of life & death" tour, Dpat, with the tanks and military stuff.

I too was at the Powerslave tour as a spotty 15 year old! Trying to explain how great that gig was to my parents while their faces showed an expression of , "Fk off, wasn't as good as Neil Sedaka last week!"

Must admit, I do like Janick Gers in Maiden....... mainly for the final guitar solo in Blood Brothers......, it's soooooo fkn good, I feel emotional hearing it!

Did you actually see Metallica witn Dave Mustaine? That must be awesome to remember. Have only managed to see Megadeth once on their "Peace Sells" tour in 88. Was a pretty amazing night.

Panoptes, they are doing San Bernardino July 1st. Don't know if that's closer, haha! And correction with the Oakland date, July 5th.
                  Last edited by Marko69; May 18, 2017, 02:03 AM.

Comment

• Did not see Dave in Metaliica,,, was just saying.... He wrote the best shit, drunk bastard that he was. Well that Nordick cock ruined the show I saw. Sorry. It was palpable the fuck you's going between him and the rest of the band. Felt like he was just trying to fuck up the works. It was really bad dude. And that is saying something with what should have been an awesome show. Seemed like bad blood, and sabotage.

And fuck that. Dave, Adrian, Steve, Niko and Bruce (especially Dave and Adrian)... everyone else, get the fuck off the stage.
                    Last edited by dpatnod; May 18, 2017, 02:22 AM.
                    Lions Fans.

Comment

• Am I right that he temporarily replaced Adrian?
                      Lions Fans.

Comment

• And that stonehenge bit... with the dancing dwarves, and the malfunctioning cacoons... terrible.

;)
                        Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                          And that stonehenge bit... with the dancing dwarves, and the malfunctioning cacoons... terrible.

;)

Yes, he replaced Adrian. Obviously at the time, they didn't know how temporary it'd be. Adrian and his mid life crisis issues!

It took very early, hardened Maiden fans a long time to welcome Bruce after Di'Anno left. Even though The Number of the Beast is an awesome album, it took until Piece of Mind with The Trooper before he was fully welcomed on board. Then came Powerslave and that was it....... they conquered the world. Think that Powerslave tour is in the Guinness Book of Records -----> Over two years on the road.

Comment

• Piece of Mind is awesome. Di'Anno wasn't terrible though.
                            Lions Fans.

Comment

• What is it you don't like about Gers? Is it just that he's not an original member? Because he's a feckin awesome guitarist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                                What is it you don't like about Gers? Is it just that he's not an original member? Because he's a feckin awesome guitarist.
                                He's repeated that he was fn up the concert he witnessed.

That would tick me off as well. But I generally make sure I know whose in the band at the time I'm going to see them so as to avoid not getting my monies worth.

Comment

Working...
                                X