No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fire extinguisher just delayed Darwin.
    Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Gotta laugh at the old timer though. He knew how to be just as disrespectful.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Just let the Mrs see that video. It's agreed..... the old guy would've got a kickin in Scotland. Got to assume he'd have been shot in America.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• He had a fire extinguisher in his hand. He could have killed the kid with it if the kid tried anything.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
            Just let the Mrs see that video. It's agreed..... the old guy would've got a kickin in Scotland. Got to assume he'd have been shot in America.
            In America, after he sprayed them with the extinguisher, he would have pulled his own weapon and fired on anyone that became a threat.

Shooting? Yes. Old guy? No.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
              In America, after he sprayed them with the extinguisher, he would have pulled his own weapon and fired on anyone that became a threat.
              And all because a young "dude" wasn't quite finished a smoke, near his car no less? I'm hoping the American version of the scenario you speak of could be avoided with the old guy just having a word? Fire extinguisher first, weapons second?? Jaysus H! Sometimes just a kickin and community service is all that's required and everyone goes home happy without making the fucking BBC news headlines!
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

And all because a young "dude" wasn't quite finished a smoke, near his car no less? I'm hoping the American version of the scenario you speak of could be avoided with the old guy just having a word? Fire extinguisher first, weapons second?? Jaysus H! Sometimes just a kickin and community service is all that's required and everyone goes home happy without making the fucking BBC news headlines!
                In almost every instance I can think of, I would think the old guy would not over react like that without prior contact. If this conversation took place before, game on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                  The fire extinguisher just delayed Darwin.
                  funny
                  19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

In almost every instance I can think of, I would think the old guy would not over react like that without prior contact. If this conversation took place before, game on.

I thought the same. But then remembered the car drives in to the garage at start of the video. Within seconds the guy is Rambo with the fire extinguisher. Unless of the course the video is missing a middle section where the old guy maybe repeatedly warns the young guy over a tannoy to put the smoke out? That would be a bit more understandable.

Comment

• Seemed much longer than a few seconds. I did not hear any audio on the video either, so whose to say that inappropriate, disrespectful music wasn't blaring either. It only takes seconds to lose your shit on an ahole or 4.

The old man has to manage, he managed quite well from my POV.
                      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

I thought the same. But then remembered the car drives in to the garage at start of the video. Within seconds the guy is Rambo with the fire extinguisher. Unless of the course the video is missing a middle section where the old guy maybe repeatedly warns the young guy over a tannoy to put the smoke out? That would be a bit more understandable.
                        I am thinking more that there have been previous encounters, not just this one.

I know when I was a youngin', we used to try to aggrivate the hell out of the people in the hood that we thought might be fun to push their buttons.

Comment

I know when I was a youngin', we used to try to aggrivate the hell out of the people in the hood that we thought might be fun to push their buttons.
                          You got any examples?

Comment

• Why, yes.

As an 11 year old living in a subdivision that had a lot of diversity and everyone banging their chests, a couple of doors down we had an over protective Dad who used to threaten the kids in the hood because ......well, he could not manage to martriculate.

When we used to play baseball in the street, he used to come out and threaten to call the police if we kept playing on his property. It did not deter us from playing baseball in the street but, if the ball landed on his front grass, it was automatically foul. The game then had to stop until someone was brave enough to retrieve the ball.

.....So, ......(you like how this is going so far?)

We schemed to start a game right about dusk because the dude would come home from work then lay around in his underwear as air conditioning was not a common feature in our neighborhood.

Our best hitter hit a suckerball to put a fly ball right in the middle of his front yard. Our fastest runner was fielding the ball. Dude came barrelling out of the house in his underwear chasing the fielder while the rest of the gang threw balloons filled with shaving cream in front onto the pavement which caused him to slip and fall, right under the streetlight. He sprung to his feet threatening to kill us all.

My Dad got a visit immediatly following, in only froot of the loom briefs and shaving cream all over him demanding we be punished.

My Dad laughed him off our porch then kicked our asses.

Comment

• That is superb! You painted the perfect picture there, the briefs, the shaving cream! That guy must've been angry to a whole new level to not go back and put some jeans on and then go round the doors!

Comment

• Craziest thing I done was when I was about 12. There was an old battleaxe of a woman who lived on the ground floor of the building I lived. Mrs Pryor. A proper pain in the ass, moaned about absolutely everything. This one day, she was moaning her paps off about a bunch of 16-17 year olds playing witn a ball near the building. Me and my buddy were sitting on a fence close by observing things unfold. The teenagers weren't doing anything that were causing any harm to her at all. She just didn't like anybody.

She came out of her house, screamed and demanded that everyone, quote, fk off! After about 20 minutes, they'd all gone, and she was back in her house. I had just finished a bottle of "Globe Cola". Now we got 10 pence back on the bottle and 10 pence was loads of sweeties (candy) in those days. But I had another idea. I walked the thirty or so feet to her front door step and dropped the bottle on to the concrete, smashing it to bits...... then walked back and sat on the fence. She came bursting out her front door going ballistic.
                                Conversation went like this:
                                Her: WAS THAT YOOOOUUUU??????
                                Me: Oh aye. I'm going to smash a bottle and then just sit here! Are you mad?
                                Her: WHOOOO WAS IT?
                                Me: Was one of those teenagers that you pissed off!

She cleaned it up and went inside. No idea where the courage came from that day. I think she just irritated me so much with her unjustified anger.

Comment

Working...
                                X