No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to the Womens Olympic Hockey Team.

No longer the bridesmaids, they brought the Canadians to tears this time.

An absolutely exciting game by both sides and the Yanks win in a shoot out (unlike the reverse that happened last Olympics).
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post
      Thanks everyone for indulging the proud Dad again.

Deb, Max is 17. He's like a musical sponge. He just soaks up everything around him. Since I was a metal fan back in the day, he's had easy access to my collection. I'd say his musical awakening was when he listened to "Operation Mindcrime" by Queensryche when he was about 13. Since he liked that so much, I intro'd him to Tool and Dream Theater (other progressive rock bands) and he just exploded from there with his own discoveries of both classic and modern metal.

What's super cool is that now he's introducing me to great music. He found Pantera himself; I had never really paid attention to them before. And there are some crazy good modern metal bands like Protest the Hero, August Burns Red, Tesseract, etc that I would never have discovered myself.
      Nice Work Max!

Comment

• Just got back from ten days at Myrtle Beach.. aside from having to do cpr on a guy on a dock (he made it) the food there was out of this world. Mrs. Stee claims they had to launch a new shrimp boat to cover me being in the area...what is she tryin to say.. nothing beats winter like 78 degrees.
        If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• Originally posted by THE STEE View Post
          Just got back from ten days at Myrtle Beach.. aside from having to do cpr on a guy on a dock (he made it) the food there was out of this world. Mrs. Stee claims they had to launch a new shrimp boat to cover me being in the area...what is she tryin to say.. nothing beats winter like 78 degrees.

I agree on the temps. Best memory of winter: Four years ago, Christmas Eve wearing shorts 79 degrees in Key West while attending Technodudes wedding.

....and I had to edit this.

Stee, you are my version of a mans, man. I am proud to have met you on this forum and call you a true friend.
          Last edited by Malto Marko; February 27, 2018, 06:55 PM.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Just got back from ten days at Myrtle Beach.. aside from having to do cpr on a guy on a dock (he made it) the food there was out of this world. Mrs. Stee claims they had to launch a new shrimp boat to cover me being in the area...what is she tryin to say.. nothing beats winter like 78 degrees.
            And winter sucks the worst returning to it from 78 degrees.
            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• I will admit though being down in North Carolina February 2011 in 78 degrees while a blizzard was tearing up Detroit was pretty nice.
              Last edited by edindetroit; September 16, 2018, 07:17 PM.
              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Stee,

You are the effin man. Yeah, save a life, enjoy the view and weather. No biggie. LoL

Glad you and your even better half are off and running into the sunsets. Well deserved.
                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                  I imagine it's a lot of fun sharing music together with him! I remember what an audiophile you are...I bet he's learned a lot from you. Does he appreciate Cake?
                  Yeah, he really likes Cake. He does dabble in other styles outside of hard rock/metal. I honestly try hard to not influence his music - I want it to be his discoveries rather than Dad's music. I give him few suggestions here and there ...

But, really, here's my request!! lol

rage against the machine - Fistful of steel - YouTube
                  Well, Max is completely slammed with new songs to learn from these new lessons. He is in the "Classic Metal" show and those guitar parts are *not* easy. So he's being really challenged (which was the point of signing him up for this).

But Max and I jammed on some Audioslave which is 3/4 of RATM. Does that count?

Comment

• I stopped by my favorite coffee shop (I don't like coffee, but that's another story) and noticed a new guy. I try to remember the barista's names so I asked him and he said, "Caleb". I'm terrible with names so I wondered how I was going to remember Caleb.

Then it hit me, Deb's basement dweller.

Comment

• Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post

But Max and I jammed on some Audioslave which is 3/4 of RATM. Does that count?
                      Awesome!!! That totally counts!! haha

Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
                      I stopped by my favorite coffee shop (I don't like coffee, but that's another story) and noticed a new guy. I try to remember the barista's names so I asked him and he said, "Caleb". I'm terrible with names so I wondered how I was going to remember Caleb.

Then it hit me, Deb's basement dweller.
                      FORMER basement dweller.
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                        Awesome!!! That totally counts!! haha
                        Ok, well its Audioslave not RATM. And its Max playing drums not guitar. And me playing guitar, not Max. But other than that, its exactly what you asked for

FORMER basement dweller.
                        Yeah right.

Comment

• looking at a trip to italy in the fall, Nashville in April and maybe Massachusettsin May

Comment

• kind of funny, for years we stored our luggage in basement, it hasent left the upstairs since January..its a sign of things to come

Comment

kind of funny, for years we stored our luggage in basement, it hasent left the upstairs since January..its a sign of things to come

Comment

looking at a trip to italy in the fall, Nashville in April and maybe Massachusettsin May
                                I have a SIL that rents out a property in Milan on AirB&B. (?)

I can put in a good word if you're interested.
                                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

Working...
                                X