Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post

I went with Pro Flowers this year since you were closed and for what I paid it paled in comparison to the arrangements I got from you. Can you let me know next year where you will be helping out?
    Sorry, I did not see your PM until after the holiday and to be honest, I have been out and about a lot and not in front of a computer screen.

I learned the place I would have sent you has decided to close down also. It is a long story and a lot of reasons but, the area is about to lose another long time professional in the industry.

I will keep you posted, though.

Edit: BTW, Pro Flowers is Martha Stewart
    Last edited by Malto Marko; February 20, 2019, 09:12 AM.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Ive used (800)Flowers a few times the last several years. Priced right and always a hit.
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• They are also now owned by Martha Stewart.

Difference is. Pro Flowers sends direct from growers.

800 flowers use florists via FTD and Teleflora.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
          Actually Deb, the building was purchased by an intense competitor of the guy who bought the building next to me. The guy next to me thought my building was included in the sale of the building he bought in foreclosure and was pissed when he found out the plans he had drawn up to renovate the building would not work because he did not own my building. He approached me to purchase it asking for me to "give him a number" I gave it to him and he laughed at me telling me I was stupid thinking the building was worth that much. When I explained to him that it was not just a building it was also my life and if he wanted it he would have to pay more than just his perceived value, he laughed at me and called me a crazy jackass.

Another guy came in afterward and insisted he had a guy that wanted to buy my building. I sent him packing telling him the building had more value to me than the real estate value. He asked me to throw down a number. I did and he jumped on it. I learned at the closing he is an arch rival of the guy that owns the building next to me and he previously had purchased all the other buildings on the block except for both of the buildings surrounding me.

I was faced with the decision of closing down or finding another location to do business out of and I decided after 49 years, I no longer wanted the responsibility of having to be available 7 days a week 365 days a year.

Loved not having to make one Christmas centerpiece this year!
          Interesting, Mark! I'll be curious to see what happens with the building next!! Glad you got what you wanted out of it!!
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post

Sorry, I did not see your PM until after the holiday and to be honest, I have been out and about a lot and not in front of a computer screen.

I learned the place I would have sent you has decided to close down also. It is a long story and a lot of reasons but, the area is about to lose another long time professional in the industry.

I will keep you posted, though.

Edit: BTW, Pro Flowers is Martha Stewart
            Oh gag!
            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Theres a local florist in our neighborhood who does excellent work with arrangements, I support her vs using the internet sites.

Hope you are enjoying your retirement, Mark. Sounds like you are!
              Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by FVD View Post
                Theres a local florist in our neighborhood who does excellent work with arrangements, I support her vs using the internet sites.

Hope you are enjoying your retirement, Mark. Sounds like you are!
                I am and thanks, Frank.

......but herein lies the problem.

Local florists are the labor and design capability behind the product you receive. It is one thing to have a picture in front of you, given the materials needed, and reproduce the picture, or are the person asked to create the picture. Your local florist is that person. Often substitutions need to be made and your local florist will know what to substitute with. I am guessing if you contact her directly Frank, you will get more bang for the buck and a more creative way of expressing it after you answer a few well directed question from a seasoned pro. The internet avenues take a cut of your dollar before the filling florist sees it.

Edit: Unless you do like I did and create and promote your own web site instead of relying on one of the wire services to host a site for you.
                Last edited by Malto Marko; February 20, 2019, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• Mark, I was saying that I directly deal with her as opposed to using internet sites. I'm all about supporting local small businesses directly.

Comment

• I get it. That is the best way to get the best quality, service, and value. The local florist will take care of their own customer always but often laughs at what is requested via the web sites.

Edit: and to some old eyes, vs might look like via when reading quickly.

Comment

• Pretty cool from the way back machine.

Dwt would have also blocked 3 punts though.
                      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post

Ha. You are my favorite pain in the ass here, jaadam
                        VICTORY!!!
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Theres a local florist in our neighborhood who does excellent work with arrangements, I support her vs using the internet sites.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

In Colorado, that's semantics for dealing directly with the local marijuana flower seller.
                            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Fun fact: Denver has more dispensaries than hamburger places

Comment

Fun fact: Denver has more dispensaries than hamburger places
                                Not for long.
                                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X