No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lions Forum Mad Lib. Fill these in and read them into the spoiler. After a six pack or so, you'll think you're the second coming of George Carlin.

1. Adjective 2. Adjective 3. Verb 4. Adjective 5. Name another forum member 6. Adjective 7. Noun 8. Noun 9. Noun 10. Verb ending in (er) 11. Verb 12. Noun

SPOILERWhile typing up my usual 1.________ post, I reflected on the Lions season. Pondering what a 2._______ game that the rookies had and how they always seem to 3._______ in the 4._______ moment. My post would have to be better than 5._______'s posts about 6._______ 7._______ in the 8._______ thread. That 9._______ is much 10._______ than they know. Finally, all hope was lost and I just decided to 11.________ my 12._______ for the night.
    Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• A Tuesday night grin

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• That guy is a superb chanter 👌👏👏👏👏
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Another clear brain scan result for my boy yesterday. Love you Scotty Boy ❤️

🙏 Thank you 🙏

Feel like Rod Tidwell on Jerry Maguire when he gets his contract. ….., “I LOVE EVERYBODY!”

edit to add

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Man, that is great news!
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Today is my daughter's last day of high school (assuming she passes all of her finals)! She won't get her diploma until the official end of the school year, but she has enough credits to finish in December. She has applied to 9 schools, and has been accepted at 7 of them so far (still waiting to hear from Purdue and University of Cincinnati) - I can't wait to see what the future holds for her! (I also can't wait to delete Canvas, Power School, and alllll of the emails from the high school...)
              "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• and speaking of high school... if you liked Hamilton, I encourage you to watch this video 😆 pretty impressive for a bunch of high school kids. It's a little awkward at first, but they hit their stride about a minute in.

Last edited by kayrone; December 21, 2023, 02:21 PM.
                "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Your daughter is rocking it!! Is there a particular school you're rooting for the most?

I haven't seen Hamilton but I still appreciated that clip! Well done!
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                    Your daughter is rocking it!! Is there a particular school you're rooting for the most?

I haven't seen Hamilton but I still appreciated that clip! Well done!
                    It is her decision to make, so I'm keeping most of my opinions to myself about it - but I would LOVE to see her end up in MI - she's been accepted at Hope (my alma mater), Central, Western, & Eastern. She basically applied at schools with reciprocity and free applications lol. At the moment, Cinci is her first choice, & Western is her 2nd choice, but there are a couple of schools that she hasn't visited that have already accepted her. We need to try to get to EMU for a visit before she makes her final choice, but at this point it is looking like she'll end up a Bearcat. Hope & WMU are the most convenient locations (easy drive from where we live and lots of extended family close) even though Cincinnati is only 2 hours away.
                    Last edited by kayrone; December 21, 2023, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• Being a Bearcat would be cool! Good luck to her.

We stayed at a unique hotel on the Cincinnati campus a couple years ago (The Graduate). The Bearcats football team was also staying there ahead of their upcoming game. It was a fun experience and we wound up loving Cinci!

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• There is no bad choice. She'll know when she "feels" it.

Congrats to her!

Comment

• In this situation, crime truly does pay:

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                          My friend Ken L

Comment

• Congrats Kay.
                            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                              My friend Ken L

Comment

• Just got back home after visiting my Brother and Sister-in-law near Evansville, IN to see the eclipse in totality. We made a stop in St Louis to see my Brother and his family, first. I hadn't seen my brother in a few years, so was great seeing them.

The totality was amazing. I had missed the one in 2017, so it was new to me. We were out in farmland, so it was funny watching the cows walk back and forth to get ready for the night.

Comment

Working...
                                X