No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just took my first ride on my new bike .... was very nervous actually.

2003 Harley 1200C Sportster Anniversary Edition. Yeehaw.
    Forever One!

Comment

• Nice. Congrats!
      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
        Just took my first ride on my new bike .... was very nervous actually.

Friggen weekend warrior yuppie scum!

;)

Congratulations and watch out for the other dude out there.
        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Wow, lots of good stuff posted (Bill, I liked the Carlin skit!). Coop, congrats on the move, Kay nice to see you, MiamiTreo congrats on your wife's new degree, Stee on your daughters honors, and Mass, enjoy the hog!

Good to see this positive thread is lively, and nice to see the familiar faces posting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
            Just took my first ride on my new bike .... was very nervous actually.

Congrats, Mass!
            Sure, luck means a lot in football. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck.
            - Don Schula

Comment

• Scoring great seats to see FLEETWOOD MAC as a belated mothers day gift to my wife via eBay. The tix are on the club level at the Honda Center (home of the Anaheim Ducks) for more than $250 less than I was willing to pay made her day (and mine by default). I won't attend the concert with her but a female co-worker bought the other ticket from us because her husband (and our friend) does not want to go either.

I also just received notice via email that I won tickets from a contest I entered through my local paper to see REO Speedwagon, Styx and 38 Special May 21st at a new arena called the Citizens Bank Arena near Jdoggies house in Ontario, CA (about an hour drive for us).

REO Speedwagon was the first concert I ever attended. I had just turned 14 and my HS won the county canned food collection drive, and in doing so, my entire HS student body won entrance to the concert at Irvine Meadows (now called the Verizon Amphetheater).

I have come full circle.

Seeing REOS two times for free is about the only way I'm going to ever see them I guess.
              Last edited by Panoptes; May 14, 2009, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• I'm confused. What is the mother's day gift? Which concert??

My friends and I used to get together after school, put in the 8 track of REO (yeah, seriously), and hook up a mic to the stereo and take turns singing to them.

~~~ I've been around for you...been up and down for you...but I just can't get any relief ~~~
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Nice catch.

I amended my post to include the band she will be seeing (FLEETWOOD MAC).

After that high school REOS show, there were many make out sessions (and make out party's ) where REOS was playing in the backround.

I gotta "keep the firing burning"
                  Last edited by Panoptes; May 14, 2009, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GONZ View Post
                    Nice catch.

I amended my post to include the band she will be seeing (FLEETWOOD MAC).

After that high school REOS show, there were many make out sessions (and make out party's ) where REOS was playing in the backround.

I gotta "keep the firing burning"
                    Ah, that should be a good concert for her to see, nice gift!

You're right about the make out parties! ha!
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Congrats Mass on the new hog.

Congrats Gonz on the tix for the concerts.

I've seen REO 4 times in my adult life. The first 2 times with Gary Richrath....a smokin hot guitarist!

My best friend in the AF and I used to sit in his car in the the parking lot, getting drunk and listening to REO on cassette before going into our favorite bar! (cheaper drinking)

Remember...you can tune a piano but you can't tuna fish!

Comment

• When we were in Las Vegas, my Daughter-in-law had tickets for the stage show "Mama Mia" My son and I piss and moaned all that day about it. My wife had already seen the movie here, so I knew it was a musical sissy show. The women dragged us in there while we were fighting to just stay out and gamble while waiting for them. It turned out that it was one of the neatest things I've seen. I'm not a music fan and especially not a music stage show fan, but I sure enjoyed that. I must really be changing in my old age. The only Vegas shows I used to go to were big name comics or championship fights. I have seen some of the big name singers like Elvis, Wayne Newton, etc, but that Mama Mia show was as good as I've ever seen.

My point is Gonz, you should go to the Fleetwood Mac thing. It may really surprise you.

Comment

• Originally posted by yooperman View Post
                          When we were in Las Vegas, my Daughter-in-law had tickets for the stage show "Mama Mia" My son and I piss and moaned all that day about it. My wife had already seen the movie here, so I knew it was a musical sissy show. The women dragged us in there while we were fighting to just stay out and gamble while waiting for them. It turned out that it was one of the neatest things I've seen. I'm not a music fan and especially not a music stage show fan, but I sure enjoyed that. I must really be changing in my old age. The only Vegas shows I used to go to were big name comics or championship fights. I have seen some of the big name singers like Elvis, Wayne Newton, etc, but that Mama Mia show was as good as I've ever seen.

My point is Gonz, you should go to the Fleetwood Mac thing. It may really surprise you.
                          Holy crap! Break out the tights.... jk :-)

Next time you're in Vegas got to the Paris and see "We Will Rock You". Awesome show to the music of Queen.
                          Sure, luck means a lot in football. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck.
                          - Don Schula

Comment

• yooperman,

Thanks for the push but I'll take a father/daughter night over seeing FLEETWOOD MAC 10 out of 10 times and never look back with regret.

Comment

• what a golf dork looks like on a Harley

not a great picture but ....
                              Attached Files
                              Forever One!

Comment

• Where you going to carry your sticks on that ride?

Comment

Working...
                                X