No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just the last year it got bad, but I've had terrible allergy/sinus problems my whole life.

Comment

• Nightmare. I can't relate personally but my oldest son who's now 26 has suffered Hayfever his entire life. Every summer is a total nightmare. Believe it or not, it was part of the reason he chose Imperial College in London to do his studies...... Get away from the more rural Edinburgh area. At times when he was younger, I wanted to breath for him. People do take for granted the act of breathing normally. Hope the surgery helps you for the future,
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        I'm doing OK now, my damn eyes won't quit watering though. The fact is I let it go for far too long. For about a year I couldn't breathe in through my nose. They gave me some steroids a month back and it was a revelation. I could breathe in and actually had my sense of smell. The surgery brought back the congestion, but I itsn't worse than prior to the steroids, I can still breathe.
        Be careful with the roids. You might end up as utility outfielder for the Tigers.
        Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

I was mouth breather not by choice.
          Or head coach for the Lions.
          Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• I lost my sense of taste for two years and when I would cook my wife would say why do you make all our food nuclear .. finally a revelation just before my first surgery, I had to have a fit test for my air mask at the firehouse..they put you under a hood and inject a pepper spray and you have to first detect it..average was four puffs and the person would say got it.. I went under the hood and did not detect it until 44 pumps had been introduced..most people could not breathe under the hood and they looked at me like an alien..last fit test it only took 2 puffs.. and my food tastes so much better..
            If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• I know what your saying Stee. I have to use the hottest hot sauce I can find to have some taste. After they gave me those steroids, I had a Sausage Egg Muffin from Speedway and it was exquisite because I could taste it.

Comment

• Speaking of Slows, they will be featured (among other local restaurants) on the Cooking Channel tonight. See below:

Dearborn LaPita Restaurant Featured on Cooking Channel Thursday

The business is included in an episode of "Chuck’s Eat the Street" featuring restaurants in Dearborn and Detroit.

Dearborn's popular Middle Eastern restaurant LaPita will be featured in an episode of the Cooking Channel’s “Chuck’s Eat the Street” at 10 p.m. Thursday.

Celebrity Chef Chuck Hughes visited the restaurant in July and taped part of his show with LaPita chef Hassan Hamid.

Thursday's "Motor City Meals” episode introduces Hughes to Lebanese home cooking with a dish called Melokhieh, made with Egyptian mallow leaves.

Other restaurants featured on the show include Mercury Burger Bar, Slow's Bar-B-Q and Hygrade Deli in Detroit.

For more information, visit http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/.
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Ha, been there done that. ;)

We have the Diners, Drive-In and Dives app on our GPS so we can check out places where the show has been while on our many road trips.

We've really only stopped at 2 places but its fun to see them pop up on the GPS.
                  19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• I love the Shish Kabob lunch/dinner from La Pita. Lamb done medium rare. Mmmmmmmmmm.

I have to try the Flytrap in Ferndale. They have been featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives and I have not been there yet.

Zuckermans in AA has been featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives also, and I have been there.
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

yep, just a sinus surgery
                      To open things up? My ENT doc said he could do that on my nose and clear 30% of a 70% blockage. I've never done it since it doesn't sound like much of a clearing. Let me know how it goes.
                      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• He told my wife yesterday it was one of the worst he's seen.

Comment

• -G-

Painfully aware of our missed victory cigar and I had still a cooler of home brew. I was outvoted 2-1 to staying or leave...
                          Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by THE STEE View Post
                            I lost my sense of taste for two years and when I would cook my wife would say why do you make all our food nuclear .. finally a revelation just before my first surgery, I had to have a fit test for my air mask at the firehouse..they put you under a hood and inject a pepper spray and you have to first detect it..average was four puffs and the person would say got it.. I went under the hood and did not detect it until 44 pumps had been introduced..most people could not breathe under the hood and they looked at me like an alien..last fit test it only took 2 puffs.. and my food tastes so much better..
                            They using pepper spray now?

Back in the day we used isoamyl acetate (banana oil) or smoke (most times from a cigar). Ah the good old days

Comment

• I was not hugely impressed with Slows the time we went. I was made aware of them via the TV. They were featured on a show for having and awesome pulled pork sandwich whick I did not order. None of us did.

Glad STEE and Loops have rectified their smelling/taste issues.

My exchange student LOVES the Food channel/network. He watches it incessantly. He's a dang good cook.
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• The show I mentioned previously that aired last night showed how Slows prepares their ribs...the host raved about how juicy they were.

I thought the fried bologna sandwich at the Mercury looked yummy!!
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X