No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I started my new year's resolution early. I've started walking 5 miles a day this week. I hope to keep it up, but it'll be hard when we get snow. It feels really good to be walking.

Comment

• Originally posted by CaptainBlue View Post
      I started my new year's resolution early. I've started walking 5 miles a day this week. I hope to keep it up, but it'll be hard when we get snow. It feels really good to be walking.
      Snow just means you'll not need to walk as far to work as hard
      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Rob Parker racist ass is out looking for gainful employment..
        If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• Originally posted by THE STEE View Post
          Rob Parker racist ass is out looking for gainful employment..
          Why the hell did ESPN hire that jack ass...
          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by THE STEE View Post
            Rob Parker racist ass is out looking for gainful employment..
            Disney does not tolerate assholes.
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• ESPN suspends Rob Parker

Updated: December 14, 2012, 2:15 PM ET
              ESPN.com

ESPN has suspended commentator Rob Parker for comments he made regarding Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III.
              ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz said: "Following yesterday's comments, Rob Parker has been suspended until further notice. We are conducting a full review." Parker, appearing on ESPN's "First Take" on Thursday, was asked about Griffin's role as a black quarterback. Parker questioned Griffin's "blackness." "Is he a brother or a cornball brother?" said Parker, who is black. Later, he said he wanted to find out more about Griffin and how he deals with black teammates and others in Washington. "We all know he has a white fianc?e," he said. "There was all this talk about he's a Republican, which, there's no information [about that] at all. I'm just trying to dig deeper as to why he has an issue. Because we did find out with Tiger Woods, Tiger Woods was like, I've got black skin, but don't call me black. So people got to wondering about Tiger Woods early on." Robert Griffin II, the quarterback's father, told USA Today Sports Thursday night : "I wouldn't say it's racism. I would just say some people put things out there about people so they can stir things up." DeMaurice Smith, executive director of the NFL Players Association, told The Washington Post in an email Friday: "Robert can certainly take care of himself. Nonetheless, I hope that our men and for that matter, my own kids, will never beg for authenticity from someone who can only talk about the things that other people have the courage to do. People need to be held accountable for the offensive things that they say."
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Nonetheless, I hope that our men and for that matter, my own kids, will never beg for authenticity from someone who can only talk about the things that other people have the courage to do.

Fucking A
                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• And ESPN accountable for hiring him in the first place. It's not like this is a surprise.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                    And ESPN accountable for hiring him in the first place. It's not like this is a surprise.
                    Agreed.

However, realize Parker knew how to network and look for a bigger gig.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                      Nonetheless, I hope that our men and for that matter, my own kids, will never beg for authenticity from someone who can only talk about the things that other people have the courage to do.

Fucking A
                      Yeah, that's a great quote. Very well said.
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

Nonetheless, I hope that our men and for that matter, my own kids, will never beg for authenticity from someone who can only talk about the things that other people have the courage to do.

Fucking A
                        Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                        Yeah, that's a great quote. Very well said.
                        Agreed but, Parker makes his living writing/talking, not doing.

He really is a sad ass that loves to play the race card. Now he is doing it on his own race.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                          Agreed but, Parker makes his living writing/talking, not doing.

He really is a sad ass that loves to play the race card. Now he is doing it on his own race.

This is true he has always tried to make a stir and the race card is a good way to do it. Bottom line he just isn't very good the sports world would not miss him.
                          Life of a Lions fan, hope and shattered dreams !!! 8-)

Comment

• Agreed but, Parker makes his living writing/talking, not doing.
                            Um that's exactly what the quote is about

Comment

Um that's exactly what the quote is about
                              I know but, there is no law against having an opinion even though you are not capable of living up to the opinion you have to expect others to.

.....and by the way.

Can someone explain to me how someone can be blacker than someone else?

Are we talking about the color of the skin or the thought processes of the mind?

With that said, does one have to have dark skin to be black?

I wish someone had a line to Parkass to ask him that.

Comment

• Can someone explain to me how someone can be blacker than someone else?

Are we talking about the color of the skin or the thought processes of the mind?

With that said, does one have to have dark skin to be black?

I wish someone had a line to Parkass to ask him that.
                                If you are on good terms with a black guy, ask him about the differences within the race. ask about "High yellow".

In her 1942 Glossary of Harlem Slang, Zora Neale Hurston placed "high yaller" at the beginning of the entry for colorscale, which ran:

"high yaller, yaller, high brown, vaseline brown, seal brown, low brown, dark brown"

[8][9]
                                Applied to individuals

The French author Alexandre Dumas was the son of a French mulatto general (born in Saint-Domingue but educated by his father in France) and his French wife. He was described as having skin "with a yellow so high it was almost white". In a 1929 review, TIME magazine referred to him as a "High Yellow Fictioneer".[10]
                                Art and popular culture

The terminology and its cultural aspects were explored in Dael Orlandersmith's play Yellowman, a 2002 Pulitzer Prize Finalist in drama. The play depicts a dark-skinned girl whose own mother "inadvertently teaches her the pain of rejection and the importance of being accepted by the 'high yellow' boys." One reviewer described the term as having "the inherent, unwieldy power to incite black Americans with such intense divisiveness and fervor" as few others.[11]

The phrase survives in folk songs such as "The Yellow Rose of Texas," which originally referred to Emily West Morgan, a "mulatto" indentured servant apocryphally associated with the Battle of San Jacinto. Blind Willie McTell's song "Lord, Send Me an Angel" has its protagonist forced to choose between three women, described as "Atlanta yellow," "Macon brown," and a "Statesboro blackskin".[12] Bessie Smith's song "I've Got What It Takes", by Clarence Williams, refers to "a slick high yeller" boyfriend who "turned real pale" when she wouldn't wait for him to get out of jail.[12]

As recently as 2004, white R&B singer-songwriter Teena Marie released a song titled "High Yellow Girl," said to be about her daughter Alia Rose,[13] who is biracial.[14] The related phrase "high brown" was used in Irving Berlin's original lyrics for "Puttin' on the Ritz".[15] Rapper Jay-Z refers to his wife, singer Beyonc? Knowles, as "my high yellow broad," in his 2009 song "Off That," from the The Blueprint 3 album.[16]

Comment

Working...
                                X