No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta agree with that. Forcier, as young as he is, has proven he can win it in the clutch.
    ------------
    <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• I just saw the highlights. Rod appeared to be agitated the entire game. It will be interesting to see how Forcier bounces back from this.

I just saw the highlights on ESPN. Who the hell was Robinson throwing to?

Comment

• Michigan's offense stopped themselves, again. They keep making silly mistakes that kill promising drives. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to watch your guys move the ball at will and then just cough up the ball for no good reason.

That said, Rod has to keep his cool. He definitely let his team down tonight by throwing that tirade in the 2nd half. It was embarrassing, and his team certainly didnt react well to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted View Post
          I just saw the highlights. Rod appeared to be agitated the entire game. It will be interesting to see how Forcier bounces back from this.

I just saw the highlights on ESPN. Who the hell was Robinson throwing to?
          ABC had a replay which showed Robinson throw the ball right before the WR broke his pattern off. Denard was thinking he would keep running up the sideline.

Tough to assign blame there, as it was an improvisation.
          The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
            No, he fucked up on a drive at the 1 yard line and Rod benched him.

Totally out of line.
            Tate was horrible all game, I said from the get go that Denard will eventually be the main QB, if not a recruit next year. Tate should have went to another school. I feel sorry for him.
            The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• I don't know wtf RichRod was thinking. Robinson is/will be good, but he's not the throwing qb that Forcier is...
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                Tate was horrible all game, I said from the get go that Denard will eventually be the main QB, if not a recruit next year. Tate should have went to another school. I feel sorry for him.
                If that's the case we may very well see Devin Gardner honor his commitment.

But let's not get to far ahead. This was his first 2 road games and Iowa is a tough team. To be -4 in turnovers, a secondary giving up countless big plays and only losing by 2 says alot. He can't do everything. He should not have been benched on that last drive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew View Post
                  Gotta agree with that. Forcier, as young as he is, has proven he can win it in the clutch.
                  I agree, I am sick of Rich Rod putting Robinson in all the time, How much time did they use up on that scoring drive? They acted like they had ten minutes left.

I wish Rich Rod would give Forcier more free reign and run more hurry up offense, he seems to shine at the end of games in the hurry up offense, why not run it all the time. :-D

I have been really impressed with Brandon Graham though, that guy is a beast. But overall the defense has not been too impressive, especially the Secondary. Giving up so many first downs on 3rd and long is pitiful.

Comment

• I agree, I am sick of Rich Rod putting Robinson in all the time, How much time did they use up on that scoring drive? They acted like they had ten minutes left.
                    That was only a 4-5 minute drive. Forcier needed to sit when he did. He was frazzled and ineffective. Robinson provided a wierd change for the Iowa D to figure, which of course led to the semi-quick-strike 7 points. Regardless, Forcier should have been in for the final drive, no question.
                    ------------

Comment

• I guess, I just don't like the idea of swaping Quarterbacks all the time. Especially in the Indiana game. I think maybe I just don't like Robinson. For some reason I do get extremely angry when he comes in. I almost expect him to make some sort of mistake or just go three and out.

I say if Forcier is the guy, let him be the guy the whole game.

I am also sick of Receivers dropping the damn ball all the time, and the turnovers and stupid calls. They should of beat MSU in regulation. If it wasn't for Stonum fumbling at the 10 and that fake punt..
                      Last edited by toejamfootball; October 11, 2009, 08:05 AM.

Comment

• Funny I've said exactly the same thing earlier in this thread. However, there was no doubt Forcier needed a break in this one. Robinson gave UM exactly what they needed...something to loosen up the Hawkeye D.
                        ------------

Comment

• Originally posted by toejamfootball View Post
                          I agree, I am sick of Rich Rod putting Robinson in all the time, How much time did they use up on that scoring drive? They acted like they had ten minutes left.

I wish Rich Rod would give Forcier more free reign and run more hurry up offense, he seems to shine at the end of games in the hurry up offense, why not run it all the time. :-D

I have been really impressed with Brandon Graham though, that guy is a beast. But overall the defense has not been too impressive, especially the Secondary. Giving up so many first downs on 3rd and long is pitiful.
                          The TD drive was 4:56 seconds.

I think part of the reason that RichRod pulled Forcier was that Forcier wasn't running the offense with enough tempo.

Graham has been a beast no doubt, but I keep thinking he should have more sacks. He can't seem to close on the QB well enough.

Allowing 47 yard pass on the 3rd and 24 was downright Lionslike....
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                            The TD drive was 4:56 seconds.

I think part of the reason that RichRod pulled Forcier was that Forcier wasn't running the offense with enough tempo.

Graham has been a beast no doubt, but I keep thinking he should have more sacks. He can't seem to close on the QB well enough.

Allowing 47 yard pass on the 3rd and 24 was downright Lionslike....
                            Damn right, watching U of M is starting to feel like watching the Lions lately, when I don't feel comfortable when the defense forces 3rd and long, when I expect them to not hold the offense. It feels like the Michigan defense is always just waiting to give up a big play. I am starting to expect it.

Comment

• Forcier looked worse as the game went on. Robinson had taken the team downfield for a TD on the previous drive. Rich went with the guy who moved the offense. If Robinson hits Odoms and Michigan wins on a field goal, everyone would be praising the decision today. It's sports. It's two true freshmen playing QB. It's inevitable that mistakes will be made. I'm more upset that Iowa twice hit their TE with a short pass, and he ran untouched into the end zone. I more upset that Mike Williams, left the deep middle wide open on 3rd and 24. Our safety play is really bad.

Edit: I don't believe that Denard Robinson will ever be a good quarterback. I also don't think Rodriguez does himself any good by yelling at his players so much on national television. Bo yelled sometimes, but Rodriguez yells too much and looks childish doing it. He should let the position coaches do the yelling if it's necessary.
                              Last edited by Rocky Bleier; October 11, 2009, 01:27 PM.
                              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post

Edit: I don't believe that Denard Robinson will ever be a good quarterback. I also don't think Rodriguez does himself any good by yelling at his players so much on national television. Bo yelled sometimes, but Rodriguez yells too much and looks childish doing it. He should let the position coaches do the yelling if it's necessary.
                                QFT. Rich Rod needs to chill out. And Shoelace is a running back.
                                Apathetic No More.

Comment

Working...
                                X