No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it doesnt matter who the QB is. The defense wont allow them to win anything unless they bring in some major talent upgrades.

Illinois is a terrible, terrible offense. The fact they can run up the score on Michigan says more about Michigan than it does Illinois.

Also, Greg Robinson needs to be fired. I havent ever seen a college defense ever look this poorly prepared week in and out. Even their poor talent level is much better than their production this season.
    Last edited by Kstat; October 31, 2009, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• That said, yes Forcier also probably need to go. He cant play here if every cold weather game is going to turn him into a bumbling idiot.

Sucks too, because he showed so much promise so early. At a Pac-10 school, he woudlnt have to worry about cold temps.

Comment

• It's not Robinson fault they run themselves out of plays and whiff on tackles. They're slow at LB and S. They're also not very smart.
        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• The Notre Dame game will be Forcier's lone high point at Michigan.

Comment

• It is his fault if they cant execute.

If a defense cant play with discipline, thats on the coach %100. That's the bare minimum expectation.

Comment

• Nope. They consistently get fooled and/or don't make the play even when they're in position. He can't play for them.

Comment

• Mental mistakes are a reflection of coaching.

At some point, a coach has to be held responsible for the play of his players. Its part of the job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                  That said, yes Forcier also probably need to go. He cant play here if every cold weather game is going to turn him into a bumbling idiot.

Sucks too, because he showed so much promise so early.
                  He's not talented enough for Michigan. End of story. If you do not have to worry about the QB beating you on the counter runs, you have an easier job of stopping a Rodriguez offense.

If Tate is smart he will transfer this offseason and go to a school with a scheme where a QB with his skillset can be successful.

Very disappointing game.
                  The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• The same players made the same mistakes last year too. They just aren't very good. Greg Robinson coached a defense to a Super Bowl win and another to a college national championship win. He can only work with what he has.

Comment

• He certainly looked talented enough until the leaves started to fall...

Comment

• Until defensive coordinators got some film on him...

Comment

• Two pathetic performances in a row. Although Forcier is only a true freshman, he is not playing the way he started. Not ready to blame it on the weather as much as I suspect there is an injury that is not being fully disclosed to the media. Getting in to the red zone and coming away with nothing often is unexcusable and falls on the play calling and coaching.

They need talent on the defense. They are getting smacked in the mouth and not responding. They should finish 6-6 which should give Rodriguez one more year to get the program back at the top of the Big 10. If not, see ya Rich.

Comment

• Congrats to UM, now not bowl eligible and we aren't even into November yet!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• they fucking hired a Millen clone..........

another loser in town for the long haul......

nice.

I used to enjoy watching football, now I'd rather watch fire ants chomp on my balls......
                              The only logical explanation is:
                              I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Im not sure why Juice had such a bad year, he is the best at the read option. It was only a matter of time vs M's D. Not surprising, This is a killer for RR, warm weather freshman QB who has hit a wall (fumbles every game now).

Comment

Working...
                                X