X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
    5-0 Michigan State @ 5-0 Michigan.
    THIS GAME IS HUGE!
    Potential BCS game on the Line for both teams.
    Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
    I just found the idea that this coming game would have BCS implications to be rather silly when a far superior team is going to destroy both of them without much trouble in the near future.

As I read it, Cody was just talking about a possible BCS game. Not just the BCS Championship. If Michigan beats MSU and finishes off 10-2(which I dont think they will) You dont think that there will be some serious thought to them getting one of the at-large spots? At 10-2 and with a potential Heisman candidate/winner, it is very possible.
    Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• Nope
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Possible, just not likely. Eventually someone is going to slow down the UM offense. Possibly even MSU. Wisconsin is a very good team that MSU beat. I see them as having a better chance at 10-2 than Michigan. I still see Michigan at 8-4.

Comment

• I think it is silly to even think that a team that can't stop anybody would be in consideration for a BCS Bowl game. They are probably going to be somewhere around .500 when it all shakes out. MSU may have a better shot, but they started the season so far off the radar that it will be difficult to climb into the top of the rankings to get into position for a bid.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The only good thing out of all this is that the Michigan D will be better next year. I think all of the offense will be back. The D may get a little better this year, but not enough to win a game by themselves. They Beat Illinois and Purdue then have one upset against either MSU, Iowa, or Wisconsin. All are at the Big House.

Comment

• UM has a shot at getting to 8 wins.

At this point MSU should probably be shooting for 10 wins, and a possible trip to Pasadena. I think MSU will leapfrog UM in the rankings this week. Probably into the mid-high teens.
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Michigan has not played anyone with a real good RB. They will this week. While Chappell is one of the better QB's in the Big 10, Cousins isn't chopped liver. With Bell running and Dell running wild in the secondary, it will be tough for Michigan to win. MSU's D will make more stops than Indy did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Desert Lion View Post
                  Michigan has not played anyone with a real good RB. They will this week. While Chappell is one of the better QB's in the Big 10, Cousins isn't chopped liver. With Bell running and Dell running wild in the secondary, it will be tough for Michigan to win. MSU's D will make more stops than Indy did.

Jordan Todman from UConn is fourth in the country in rushing.

That said, unless the D gets its act together, and the O can take advantage of the stops they do get, I see a third straight loss to little brother.

Comment

• Ok, Todman is ok, but he only had 109 against our pourous D on 20 carries. Another game I didn't mention is with the way Penn States Offense is playing, we may be able to go in there and steal one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Desert Lion View Post
                      Ok, Todman is ok, but he only had 109 against our pourous D on 20 carries.
                      I think that was the point SLF was making.
                      I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• For a minute there, I thought that OSU was inserted at the last minute for MSU.

Comment

• My apologies for not realizing Ohio State was not on MSU's schedule this season.

It's still irrelevant to the BCS, though. With the SEC still strong, Boise State and TCU both pretty much locking down at-large bids, the chance that there is going to be room for the MSU/U-M winner is really, really small. The Big 10(12) is likely going to send their conference champion, and that's it.

MSU has the better chance, but either team would have to go 11-1 or 12-0 to impress the polls enough considering neither of them started in the running.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                            My apologies for not realizing Ohio State was not on MSU's schedule this season.

It's still irrelevant to the BCS, though. With the SEC still strong, Boise State and TCU both pretty much locking down at-large bids, the chance that there is going to be room for the MSU/U-M winner is really, really small. The Big 10(12) is likely going to send their conference champion, and that's it.

MSU has the better chance, but either team would have to go 11-1 or 12-0 to impress the polls enough considering neither of them started in the running.

OSU wins out, and they are going to the title game. Thus the second place team will go to the Rose Bowl.

I know you hate the BCS, so don't worry your little head about figuring it out.

Comment

• MSU doesn't play osu this year.
                              IF they beat Michigan next week, its VERY LIKELY that they will play in a BCS game.
                              If Michigan beats MSU, its also LIKELY that they will play in a BCS game.
                              Basically this is the Battle for 2nd place in the Big Ten unless one of these teams is better than we think & somehow goes 12-0.

So what happens if MSU & OSU are both 12-0 ???? BCS CHAOS!
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• No disrespect to UofM but I think MSU beats them soundly next week.

My reasoning behind this is that MSU's running game was able to go off on Wisconsin, I can't see any way of UofM stopping it. That means the clock control style Dantonio prefers is almost guaranteed to be imposed on the game. The only way for UofM to stop it would be to take a 2 score lead early in the game and give the spartans a sense of desperation. And as far as the defense, I think that MSU's strength is in its linebackers, which I think is the right place to have your defensive strength if you want to slow down a spread and running attack that UofM employs.

That said predicting college football games is super hard though... like expecting the spartan to play back to back good games isn't exactly our history. On top of that, everyone I know who went to the MSU football game said the crowd was as good as they have ever heard it and that was a nice bonus against wisky. UofM is going to get that bonus this next weekend. And lastly UofM's offense has yet to be stopped this year.. maybe ND did it for a little while in their second half, but as a young offense, UofM has gotten better and better and I'm not certain at all MSU is the team that can stop that offense. I do think that MSU's quality linebackers will be key and is the right fit if you are going to slow down a spread attack like this, but I don't know how it will play out.

Regardless of what happens it should be fun.. 5-0 vs 5-0 is pretty spectacular. It's been too long since these teams met like this.
                                Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

Working...
                                X