No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those that pay closer attention to the roster, did Michigan redshirt Josh Furman, the LB they recruited out of Maryland? I can't remember ever seeing him on the field.
    ------------
    <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• I haven't heard of him being red-shirted.

Comment

• Can this defense make one more stop, I wonder?

Comment

• Pretty decent comeback by Tate and Co.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
            Pretty decent comeback by Tate and Co.
            They've got a nice offense, I'll give RichRod that.

Everything else? Ehhhh...

Comment

• And on cue, the Wolverines D can't make a stop again.

That's ballgame.

That's pretty much been the story of this team; when the D needs to make a play, they never do. Time after time after time.

Comment

• D sucked as per normal, but special teams put 'em in a hole twice in the second half. ...not to mention, took momentum away.
                ------------
                <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew View Post
                  D sucked as per normal, but special teams put 'em in a hole twice in the second half. ...not to mention, took momentum away.
                  Yeah well, special teams sucked as per normal.

I've given RichRod as much slack as I can... I'm certainly no Lloyd Carr supporter, and think he was vastly overrated, but surely Carr couldn't have possibly left the cupboard so bare that there's still next to nothing to work with three years later. I have to start putting the blame on Rodriguez's shoulder for the continued black hole that is the defense and special teams. I mean, terrible looks at the D and ST and thinks it's being insulted.
                  Last edited by chemiclord; October 16, 2010, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• please fire him
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• If Brandon is gonna make a move then it's going to have to be another spread guy, right? Unless you're talking about making a move back to Forcier, I guess. Because Denard obviously isn't going to run a pro style/traditional set offense.
                      AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Who cares.. Make a change and find a defense.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Niffla View Post
                          If Brandon is gonna make a move then it's going to have to be another spread guy, right? Unless you're talking about making a move back to Forcier, I guess. Because Denard obviously isn't going to run a pro style/traditional set offense.
                          A good coach can take that team and make a power O by the next season

Comment

• Well then you're gonna have to roll out Tate at QB, right? I just can't see Denard running a traditional offense.
                            AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Tater Tot looked fine today. The whole problem with this Rich Rodriguez experience is the total infatuation with having some offensive genius running the program. They have only one way to win games and that is by scoring 35 points or more. Its no way to go winning a title. Sometimes you have to win a game 14-6, but to do that you need a defense and special teams. It seems like those units are afterthoughts.

There were very real problems with the Lloyd Carr teams by the end. But its like they scrapped the whole entire framework. It needed tweaks and a coach that was more hungry, in essence they needed late 90s Lloyd Carr who was coaching for his job.

Comment

• Really Froot? His last season sucked, but he did have an 11 games season just before and a win over a Tebow lead gators. I would say Carr would still be a fine coach for them. People seem to have a really small memory when it comes to that. But you are right. That team didn't need to be scrapped and they should have picked a clay that comemented whom they had. Now when Rod is fired they have to nuke the whole thing. 3 years in Rod should have everyone he needs to run this team as well as he wanted. Dick Rods failure to do so falls on him.
                                AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

Working...
                                X