Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rich Rod, hello first signature win.

So...about this "revenge" thing....
    Last edited by Kstat; September 27, 2008, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• I am astonished at how that game did a complete 180.

Despite not scoring until late in the third, the Wolverines team that came out in the second half was a lot different than the one that started the game. Halftime adjustments, the sort of thing Lloyd Carr seemed to abhor... amazing how that helps.

This is why Rodriguez will do a lot of good in Ann Arbor, and why Lloyd seemed to stagnate. I don't think Michigan wins this game with Carr at the helm. I should have had a lot more faith that the Wolverines would at least make a game out of it. I was wrong on this one by a mile.
      Last edited by chemiclord; September 27, 2008, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• So much for Loops BS.
        "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• If Threet can get accurate with his down the field throws and these guys can learn how to hold onto the ball, the offense may end up halfway decent.

Comment

• I just got off the phone with a friend, he was bitching about Michigan, he turned the game off at half-time. Needless to say he was quite surprised when I told him they won, I had to say it 3 fucking times!

Comment

• Damn. I left work at 5:45pm. UM was looking like shit. Went to the store for some things for the Forum Game this weekend. The cashier was bitching about UM when I checked out. I get home, unpack, play fetch with the dog, set my FF teams, and finally sit down in front of the TV and low and behold UM pulls out the victory. The first time I saw it I knew I must have seen it wrong. It took 3 or 4 times before I actually believed it. Wish I could have seen it.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• It was quite a comeback DanO. Like CL said it was something you'd likely never have seen under Carr so I can't blame ya for giving up.

Comment

• Almost quit watching at the half. Somehow I stuck with it, and I'm glad I did of course.
                  AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy View Post
                    It was quite a comeback DanO. Like CL said it was something you'd likely never have seen under Carr so I can't blame ya for giving up.
                    Carr had the greatest comeback in UM history, down 21 on the road to Minn a few years back.

Comment

• well, I think Braylon Edwards should get a little more credit for that, considering he did something similar to MSU a year later...

I don't see Lloyd Carr diagramming any quick-strike offensive plays other than "throw it really deep down the sideline to our really big WR and let him catch a bunch of jump balls."

There's no way Carr would have come back with the kind of talent U-M had on the field yesterday.
                      Last edited by Kstat; September 28, 2008, 08:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                        Carr had the greatest comeback in UM history, down 21 on the road to Minn a few years back.
                        Carr's first game (the 95' opener I think?)was kinda similar. Down 17-0 at the Big House but won it 18-17 on a very, very late touchdown. I remember going completely nuts after that score.
                        AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Originally posted by Niffla View Post
                          Carr's first game (the 95' opener I think?)was kinda similar. Down 17-0 at the Big House but won it 18-17 on a very, very late touchdown. I remember going completely nuts after that score.

Yup, the Dreisbach game.

(But there's no way he would have led the type of comeback yesterday )

Comment

• Because doing something 13 years ago, and never doing it again, isn't like a blind squirrel finding an acorn or anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                              Yup, the Dreisbach game.

(But there's no way he would have led the type of comeback yesterday )
                              Against Tiki and Ronde Barber of the Virginia Caveliers. There was a pass play in the middle of the field that was stopped near the 3 yard line that was called back on a penalty (or something), otherwise, the clock would have expired. Instead, UM gets one more play, and scores in the last second on a pass to the corner of the endzone.
                              ------------
                              <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• My question is this...Why is this the "signature game" (as proclaimed by the Detroit press), while the Utah game and the Notre Dame game were not? I guess time will tell.

Comment

Working...
                                X