No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to make a prediction that if it is not Brady Hoke (the obvious pick), next Michigan coach will be Gary Pinkel.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Doubtful. I don't think they'll go for someone with that much wear on his tread.
      I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• Originally posted by gjdodger View Post
        I guess we can say the jury's still out on Brandon's competence, but he gets points for credibility. There's no reason, to disbelieve what he says. And although he may be an Arrogant Ass from Ann Arbor, his concession that the scent of Maize and Blue may not outweigh Dollars and Cents in bringing in a competent successor to RichRod suggests that he is at least a pragmatist. It could be that tbe other members of the U's power structure simply didn't believe that.

I would agree with you on those points. I guess the one thing about having the 40 year long era with sustained success and little turnover leaves them unprepared for cutthroat college football.

Comment

• My prediction is the next coach will be Jim Harbaugh. Fuck it.

Comment

• Maybe I'll just start rooting for Notre Dame. At least they might be pulling out of their nosedive as we just begin to fully enter ours.

Brady Hoke.

Brady Hoke the 9-4 mac coach, and that's supposed to excite us? If dave brandon really didn't have anyone better than RR lined up and waited till January fucking 5th to start a coaching search, then he is incompetent and I regret giving him the benefit of the doubt on this one. Firing RR is fine if you have harbaugh or miles lined up. We have no one and we're looking in January.

At least the lions could be good again I suppose. My teams just have to switch their respective places.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsWolverines View Post
              Maybe I'll just start rooting for Notre Dame. At least they might be pulling out of their nosedive as we just begin to fully enter ours.

Brady Hoke.

Brady Hoke the 9-4 mac coach, and that's supposed to excite us? If dave brandon really didn't have anyone better than RR lined up and waited till January fucking 5th to start a coaching search, then he is incompetent and I regret giving him the benefit of the doubt on this one. Firing RR is fine if you have harbaugh or miles lined up. We have no one and we're looking in January.

At least the lions could be good again I suppose. My teams just have to switch their respective places.
              Did you hear his presser today?
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I honestly don't care who they hire, and I know a lot of folks here say they've got to have Harbaugh or Miles or someone else with a name. I think they are on the right track and will get someone good, and the Rodriguez hire was fueled by Martin's embarrassment and his need to get a name and appease people who were unhappy about losing to OSU all the time. They'll be just fine. I believe a year from now all this will have passed and M fans will at least be content.

Comment

• Ok first off... Brandon is a HORRIBLE public speaker. Watching him read his speech word for word while only looking up from his cue cards to get eye contact points from the speech class teacher was PAINFUL. Seriously who the hell is this schmo.

Secondly if this is true that Miles is only a 1-2 mil buyout its pretty much a nobrainer if he'll come.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• From Gregg Henson -Lloyd Carr is Behind The Disaster at Michigan, first Les Miles and now Jim Harbaugh have been overlooked to Coach the Michigan Football team because Lloyd Carr doesn't want them in Ann Arbor.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                      From Gregg Henson -Lloyd Carr is Behind The Disaster at Michigan, first Les Miles and now Jim Harbaugh have been overlooked to Coach the Michigan Football team because Lloyd Carr doesn't want them in Ann Arbor.

http://gregghenson.typepad.com/gregg...next-move.html
                      I see you're One Of Them.

Comment

• Originally posted by gjdodger View Post
                        I honestly don't care who they hire, and I know a lot of folks here say they've got to have Harbaugh or Miles or someone else with a name. I think they are on the right track and will get someone good, and the Rodriguez hire was fueled by Martin's embarrassment and his need to get a name and appease people who were unhappy about losing to OSU all the time. They'll be just fine. I believe a year from now all this will have passed and M fans will at least be content.
                        With who at the helm? Just because a coach isn't named Rich Rodriguez doesn't mean they're a better coach than he is. If DB couldn't get someone worth getting he should've fired Greg Robinson and brought in a good DC without blowing up the whole staff. I wanted to trust him but this whole thing is starting to reek of bad decision making.

If he was going to fire RR without regard to who was available, he should have done it a month ago. I just don't see who out there other than Harbaugh or Miles is going to be a significant upgrade overall, where a New DC couldn't bring the same benefit without screwing up a recruiting class and possibly blowing up the offense.

I get that a bunch of people go "lol anyone's better than RR" but it just is not the case, and even if it were, this decision should have been made ages ago.

All that said, I hope to God I'm wrong and we end up with a great coach, or that Brady Hoke (47-50) ends up leading us to 10 NCs, but I just feel like everyone has the "we're michigan, we'll win" thing going on, and it's scary.

Comment

• I see you're One Of Them.

"the Schembechlers" or the 'Lloyds' ? I think im with the 'Moes'

Comment

• Oh I also liked the news both days about dickhead being fired. It was like we fired him twice!
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• If Lloyd stopped us from getting Miles the first time then fine but he'd certainly have no credibility right now. Harbaugh wants to go pro
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Would love to see Patterson (50) or Petersen (47) they would seem like a home run , but I said the same about Rich Rod. Someone at least 50 or younger who still has the quote 'Fire in the Belly' to get better. Pat Fitzgerald I think he has peaked and he is really a NW guy he played there as a star and is the HC. Thumbs down on Brady Hoke (53) has done ok with small schools, hasn't tried the big boys, don't see why Brandon should hire one of Lloyds assistants.

Comment

Working...
                                X