No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And to clarify, Rich came to Ann Arbor and got them in trouble with the NCAA. That for me was enough reason to dismiss him, but that's different than what someone did before they came to Michigan. I don't want Miles because as Main noted he's old; also, he had his chance and preferred the contract LSU stuck under his nose to waiting a week for Sailboat Bill.
    I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• Les Miles was never offered the Michigan job and never will be offered the Michigan job if Brandon has any brains or integrity.

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Yes...why would we ever want a coach that's won the national championship and done it in the SEC....

Comment

• Because your hero Vince Lombardi was "wrong," and winning isn't "the only thing."

Comment

• Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.

Comment

• Show me Les Miles and I'll show you a dumbass...
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Agreed, a dumbass that can win in the SEC. Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing-the result.

Comment

• I keep hearing how Les is a complete dumbass who has gotten by purely on luck (not just here but everywhere). While it may be true that he has gotten his fair share of lucky breaks, I gotta take issue with the notion.

In six seasons in Baton Rouge he has posted three 11 win seasons and one 12 win season. His two worst seasons were 9 and 8 win seasons respectively (both better than Rich's best season in AA), and in the SEC he has posted conference records of 7-1, 6-2, 6-2, 6-2, 5-3, and 3-5 for a combined SEC record of 32-15. Not too bad. His overall record at LSU is a gaudy 62-17 (5-1 in bowls) and his career HC record is 90-38.

I find it hard to believe that you can achieve those types of numbers in the Big 12 & SEC by "getting lucky".

Last night was a perfect microcosm of his career: a friend of mine who is anti-Miles texted me after Les blew a challenge in the first half and said, "see, this is the type of dumb shit that Les does!! Horrible game manager!!". But in the end, as usual, whose team came out on top?
                  AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• I chalk his record up to the superior talent he recruits. Like I have said previously, he's coaching in a state where there is a lot of top flight in-state talent and no real in-state competition for them.

Here's the roster for LSU. Check out the hometowns and how many of them are from Louisiana:

Explore the 2023 LSU Tigers NCAAF roster on ESPN. Includes full details on offense, defense and special teams.
                    Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                      Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
                      Show me someone who speaks in aphorisms, and I'll show you someone too lazy to assemble a viable argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                        I chalk his record up to the superior talent he recruits. Like I have said previously, he's coaching in a state where there is a lot of top flight in-state talent and no real in-state competition for them.

Here's the roster for LSU. Check out the hometowns and how many of them are from Louisiana:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/.../99/lsu-tigers
                        That is my take on it too.
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I'm siding with Miles supporters. You just can't win in the SEC with just luck. Does Miles make a bone headed call from time to time? Sure, but he brings enough recruiting, player development, player and game preparation, and gravitas to easily more than compensate for that.

Bottom line, Miles can beat the sweater vest.
                          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                            I chalk his record up to the superior talent he recruits. Like I have said previously, he's coaching in a state where there is a lot of top flight in-state talent and no real in-state competition for them.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/.../99/lsu-tigers
                            Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                            That is my take on it too.

Precisely correct. Not only that, but it doesn't appear that a lot of other colleges really recruit La that hard.

You have 40 schools recruiting florida, and 90 schools recruiting texas, but La somehow flies under the radar a little.

It's kind of like OSU and the state of Ohio.
                            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I think Miles would bring some of those kids with him.

Sure its a reason for some success but not enough to explain away his success. I don't think he will have any problem at all getting awesome recruiting classes at UofM.
                              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Bottom line, he has done his job there.

62-17.
                                AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

Working...
                                X