No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and they still make WCF Sr look bad for his 2008 national search of one.
    The only logical explanation is:
    I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Originally posted by calijawn View Post
      I see the drama queens are already out in full force... will I really have to put up with Chemiclord's conspiracy theories for the next few years? C'mon, Carr's influence took a significant hit with the Rodriguez hire, and within six months of Brandon coming on board Carr was out of his administrative position in Schembechler Hall. The new hire is Brandon's; I just don't see where Coleman has much to do with it.
      Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
      I doubt Carr had anything to do with it. It's possible Coleman limited Brandons budget though.
      Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
      The future is now tied to Brady Hoke. One time I wished I was wrong. A nationwide laughingstock, Mr. Brandon. Lloyd Carr is exultingly joyful, he got what he wanted 3 years ago, one of HIS guys is now HC. Carr has his stamp is on Michigan again for many years to come. I really hope Hoke succeeds, but along with a lot of laughing there is a big relief in Columbus and EL.
      Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
      Its hard to believe that Carr is pulling the strings here.
      Mary Sue Coleman adores Lloyd Carr; she thinks he's the most wonderful person in the world because he gives and gives to her charity projects.

Lloyd Carr hates Les Miles. He hates Jim Harbaugh. He poisoned the well with Miles once, and all he has to say is, "Mary, I don't want Les Miles coaching this team."

Mary turns around and says, "I'm not going to sign off on a big payday for Les Miles. If he still takes the job, we in Administration is going to make his life a living hell. That borderline recruit that meets our standards? Well, he doesn't anymore! Remember that wonderful stunt we pulled on RichRod? We'll do it to Les too if he comes here."

Les Miles looks at the mess of a program, and says, "Ya know... it's clear things are still shit over there like they were three years ago. I think I'll stay here where I'm just slightly reviled, thank you."

Voila! You have a program that only Brady Hoke is stupid enough to think is a sweet gig. Victory for the penultimate asshole Lloyd Carr. To hell if the program goes to shit, as long as Lloyd's legacy is secure.

Comment

• The Cardinals were ranked No. 12 in the country before losing to Buffalo 42-24 in the MAC championship game. Ball State finished 12-2 after losing to Tulsa 45-13 in the GMAC Bowl.
        That's very Lloyd Carr of Hoke.

Comment

• Oh, one last bit of a note for all you Hokemaniacs:

Wanna know what defensive scheme he ran at San Diego State? A 3-3-5, the same as the hated RichRod.

So much for going back to Michigan's roots.

Comment

• Comment

• Well your basketball team appears to be making some strides....
              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• If they plan to run the 3 3 5 I'm already not onboard. I'll have Carr killed.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Good to hear brady hoke's talk about "Basketball on grass" after watching to spread teams play for the title game. Never mind watching a "Basketball on grass" team knock off Jim Harbaugh's Power based stanford, or TCU beat Powerful wisonsin with their undersized defense. I'll be so glad when we swap "basketball on grass" player Denard Robinson for the next incarnation of John Navarre.

The way I see it, we'll go 9 and 4 every year and get rocked in BCS games again. Right back where Lloyd left off. Woohoo.
                  Last edited by LionsWolverines; January 12, 2011, 01:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                    Serious question, can Brandon NOT hire Miles now? can you imagine the outcry if they would hire Hoke and he struggled for a year or two?
                    From what I've heard the university wasn't willing to separate the coach's salary from the assistants'. Apparently Mrs Coleman thinks having a 3rd rate coach is good for the U-M brand. Wonder what she'll think when the attendance stops funding other sports and the mediocre players produced aren't able to shill for Mott's? FTR Mott's is a great place but I'm livid about what this moron is doing to the athletics.

Comment

• Again, how did Coleman become president? Can we impeach her please!
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsWolverines View Post
                        The way I see it, we'll go 9 and 4 every year and get rocked in BCS games again. Right back where Lloyd left off. Woohoo.
                        So you're agreeing that Hoke is a huge improvement over Rich Rod then?

Comment

• Just win
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• This really is a repeat of the Matt Millen fiasco.

The same reason no one is excited about a return to the "success" of Carr is for the same reason a lot of people weren't happy during the 9-7 years in the late 90's. That wasn't success, it was stagnation.

I personally don't even see Hoke getting back to Carr levels. He's simply not that good to begin with, and he's not inheriting a championship squad like Carr did. The same faction that wanted Harbaugh and Miles is going to be looking for the first excuse they can to pull the plug on Hoke.

Comment

• Chemi you are only allowed one Matt Millen comparison a day. You will now be penalized 3 tommy points.
                              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• I dunno about being like Millen but certainly it wasn't a pick of someone likely to turn the program around quickly, nor someone who will drag top rated recruits here simply by his reputation. Hoak is gonna have to work his ass off not just to get good players but to appease the fan base.

Still livid that we're nickel and diming coaches. Armand Hammer once said if you pay peanuts you get monkeys. Sure as hell hope that Hoak doesn't like bananas or flings poo. :D

Comment

Working...
                                X