No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right. As long as the ball goes around the pylon inside the field of play it's called a TD. That's why players can dive and have their body out of bounds but stick the ball out and cross the goalline inside the pylon and it's a TD.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• But on those types of plays, the players have already established themselves in bounds. Minor caught the ball in the air and then hit the pylon. He never established himself inbounds with possession.

Comment

• So is the rule the same for college and pro?
        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• The rulings that were made on the first 3 plays that were reviewed didn't make much sense to me. I don't know college rules all that well, but I do know the NFL pretty decently, and I didn't think the ground could cause a fumble. The Hoyer fumble seemed to me to be caused by the ground. I didn't get that. The McGuffie fumble also, he looked down to me, but I don't know.
          Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Good point Mainevent.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Here's a ray of hope for U of M faithful. Rodriguez in good company. Schembechler, Moeller and Carr all lost their first game against MSU.

Comment

• this should end all debate .... your gonna have to remove those maize & blue glasses

PARK RIDGE, Ill. ? Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany said the decision by a replay official to award Michigan?s Brandon Minor with a touchdown against Michigan State on Saturday, overruling the on-field referee?s call, was ?not acceptable.?

?The people in the replay booth made a mistake,? Delany said while meeting with reporters at the conference?s basketball media day Sunday. ?It wasn?t a mistake of judgment; it was a mistake of an application of the rule. They applied the wrong rule and they applied it improperly.
                Forever One!

Comment

• Maize and Blue glasses? Is that for Kstat? Who is saying it was the correct call? At least it didn't cost State the win like the Sparty Bob game and the Trip Desmond in the End Zone game. Were you out front acknowledging the faults in those games? Michigan is 2-6. They lost to a better team. That was pretty clear on Saturday.

Comment

• I agree Dez got tripped .... don't agree with the Spartan Bob game ... frame by frame video footage showed there was 0.02 seconds left when the clock stopped.

by the way, the officials blew another call that day which took a timeout away from state ... which means that Smoker could have simply called timeout instead of spiking the ball.

I watched the final 5 minutes of that game the other day ... and there were several bad calls against both teams late in that game.
                    Forever One!

Comment

• The 1990 game was the one that hurt the most. That was a very good Michigan team, and I didn't expect the game to be close. Great entertainment, but it still amazes me that the official didn't see the trip. It was right in front of him. The MSU kid was beaten and did the only thing he could. He must have felt like he had just gotten away with a bank robbery. It's all rivalry history now...

Comment

• Eddie Brown was the DB iirc ....

Even if the call had been made, I'm positive State would have still stopped them again from the 1. :-D
                        Last edited by Masspartan; October 27, 2008, 10:51 AM.
                        Forever One!

Comment

• Great American that Eddie Brown.

The reason they did pass the ball is because State shut them down a bunch of times at the goal line. State was kind of stuffing them down there.

Comment

• Yes, I'm a Spartan, but this bit from Michael Rosenberg's column yesterday summed up what I can't understand about Michigan this year:

The Wolverines returned eight starters from a group that finished 24th in the country in total defense and 23rd in scoring defense.

Entering the MSU game, the Wolverines were 71st in total defense and 83rd in scoring defense. And now those rankings will drop even further.

How does that happen? Can the three new starters be that bad? These are questions that U-M fans must be asking today, and questions that Rodriguez will surely ask Shafer — not just now, but after the season. Unlike some Michigan assistants, Shafer does not have a long history with Rodriguez.

Comment

• Last year's offense kept the defense off the field more. Lots of turnovers have also give the opponents short fields to work with. It is really obvious that the linebackers are not very fast. The safeties are terrible. Shawn Crable and Jamar Adams made plays. I can think of no Michigan safety ever as bad as Stevie Brown. He's slow, can't cover, and can't tackle. Brandon Graham at DE is faster than Brown. Morgan Trent has reverted back to his old self after a good year. I only have confidence in the front four and Donovan Warren. Shafer would benefit from some foot speed. But the bad tackling is something he needs to correct.

Comment

• Wow.. This team is really bad.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X