No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are such a young team dodge. They are just learning how to play the game now.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Well, yes. To paraphrase Bill James' Sam's Law, young hoopsters will break your heart. It seemed so odd--I haven't seen them much on TV but I saw the Clemson game, and they were dominant, and then they came so close against Syracuse. But they damn near lost to Harvard and even had trouble with Concordia. I guess that's the nature of young, talented ballers; when they get in a groove they're impressive, and when they get in a rut it's one rout after another. Only, how much responsibility does B-line have? Would Rick Pitino or somebody have these guys 21-7?
      I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• That's a good point
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by gjdodger View Post
          Well, yes. To paraphrase Bill James' Sam's Law, young hoopsters will break your heart. It seemed so odd--I haven't seen them much on TV but I saw the Clemson game, and they were dominant, and then they came so close against Syracuse. But they damn near lost to Harvard and even had trouble with Concordia. I guess that's the nature of young, talented ballers; when they get in a groove they're impressive, and when they get in a rut it's one rout after another. Only, how much responsibility does B-line have? Would Rick Pitino or somebody have these guys 21-7?
          Harvard is 21-4 and a near-lock for the NCAA tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
            Harvard is 21-4 and a near-lock for the NCAA tournament.
            Harvard plays Ivy League competition, which renders your comment completely irrelevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by gjdodger View Post
              Harvard plays Ivy League competition, which renders your comment completely irrelevant.
              For whatever the RPI is worth, Harvard is 42nd in RPI

Comment

• I perceived K-Stat's comment as being a response to my saying "They damn near lost to Harvard." Regardless of what the RPI says, Harvard beating any major conference team would be a huge upset. I was talking about how inconsistent Michigan has been, and a near loss to Harvard is a near loss to Harvard--almost an embarassment. (I believe they did lose to Harvard the year Beilein came here and Amaker went there, but the Bee was playing with Tommy's players. To paraphrase the old Bear Bryant line, Amaker can beat his'n with his'n.)

Comment

• Tell that to Colorado and BC...They both actually lost to Harvard.

The Men's BB team isn't good. But it's not bad, and it is making strides. A big part of the reason they lost so many close games is that the other teams were just better and turned the screws to win. (See Kansas outscoring Michigan 16-9 in OT).

A better example of the youth and crappy play is the Indiana/Northwestern/Minnesota string in January. Losing by 19 to INdiana and then 14 to NW should never have happened. Win those two games and UMich is 9-7 in conference and has a GREAT chance at the tourney...

Comment

• Michigan's team is super young. And these guys were not blue chippers that might go off the to NBA early.

Beilein needed to show something this year and IMO he did. Even if they don't make the tourney there will be expectations next year and thats a good thing.

I was expecting Beilein to have a rough year and really be in trouble because of the players UofM didn't have coming back.
                    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• ASU's Steven Threet calls it a career
                      Steven Threet, Arizona State's starting quarterback for most of the 2010 season, is not expected to play football anymore, a source told ESPN Wednesday.

:(
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Greg Mattison can earn up to $900K annually, $750,000 annually with a chance for a bonus of up to $150,000 if the Wolverines win the Big Ten. Last season, offensive coordinator Calvin Magee was Michigan's highest-paid assistant coach under RichRod Magee made $285,000.

"We're not messing around," Brandon when asked about Mattison's contract. "I am sure he's the highest-paid defensive coordinator in the Big Ten, and I have to believe he is also one of the highest-paid in the country.

Comment

• Hoke was willing to get paid less and it could pay dividends with Mattison.
                          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• I think Michigan can win 9 games next year, at least 8. Then a top 10 recruiting class!

Comment

• They better damn well win 9 games if RichRod was the problem and won 7 with this squad.

Comment

• Would you accept vast improvements on defense and special teams for year 1?

Comment

Working...
                                X