Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
    Both teams will be blown out today ....
    Yep. You won't be in here talking shit tonight. By the way, Chrissie Hynde called. She wants her band back.
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Glad the season's over. Expect to be breaking in a lot of new players next year too. Need to finish strong in recruiting. Now it's hockey season.

Comment

• 9-3 is pretending? I'll take it, and the future looks good!

or are you referring to your new coach and his shiny 3-9 season?
        Forever One!

Comment

• Pretending to be a legitimate contender for the Big Ten title. We all knew Michigan would be crappy this year. As for the future, if you look at the current Rivals recruiting rankings, U-M is 8th and MSU is 17th.

Comment

• no doubt they don't muscle up well with OSU/PSU ... yet. But they weren't 'pretending' they went 6-2 in the conference ... and the two teams they didn't play ... Illinois/Minny ... were both winnable games, so they didn't get a schedule gift ala Wiscy who won a championship by not playing Ohio State/Penn State ...

basically, I'd say shove it.

As for rankings, I never said their class was better than Michigans (though I wouldn't trade it for U-M's) ... just that it was the best class State has pulled in many years. Also it would be ranked higher if it was a bigger class since the Rivals ranking emphasizes quanity rather than quality.

Who knows what Dick Rod will bring over the next 10 years, but in the short term .. .the next two years anyway ... State is probably U-M's equal.
            Forever One!

Comment

• Nope. Totally little brother.

Maybe Sab...oops...Dantonio didn't root for Michigan because he knew he had no chance of beating Penn State because his team just isn't the league of real BCS contenders.
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• There are only two good teams in the Big Ten and State lost to them 45-7 and 48-19. Going 6-2 in the 4th best conference in college footbal is not anything to hang your hat on, especially when you lose to the three decent teams you played. Are you really hoping to be Michigan's equal the next two years? Cuz they're going to suck for at least one more year.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                  Nope. Totally little brother.

Maybe Sab...oops...Dantonio didn't root for Michigan because he knew he had no chance of beating Penn State because his team just isn't the league of real BCS contenders.
                  He didn't root for U-M because, like the rest of MSU, he's subservient to Ohio State, and he'd rather watch OSU win the big 10 than win one himself.

Comment

• ...or maybe he didn't root for U-M because who he roots for has no effect on the outcome of your game. Guess you guys just have a hard time believeing the world doesn't revolve around Ann Arbor.
                    "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• The world doesn't revolve around ann arbor, but your Rose Bowl chances revolved around Columbus yesterday.

And your coach was more worried about Michigan having a bad season than about going to a BCS game.

Comment

• No, my coach said he'd worry about the things he can control. Did his rooting preference have any affect on the outcome of your game?

Have UofM coaches done a lot of rooting for other teams in the past?
                        "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                          Pretending to be a legitimate contender for the Big Ten title. We all knew Michigan would be crappy this year. As for the future, if you look at the current Rivals recruiting rankings, U-M is 8th and MSU is 17th.

What's with the different tone between your posts here and your posts in the MSU thread, Rock?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mason's Coach
                            "I'm not rooting for Michigan," MSU coach Mark Dantonio said Tuesday. "I'm going to focus on our task at hand here and worry about the things we can control here. I have too many good friends and too many people that would not let me back into their house if I did that, so, uh, you know... go Bucks."
                            So he could control the Suckeyes?

Comment

• The quibbling between UM and MSU fans has been more entertaining this season than the Lions have been.
                              "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• Whatever. The ACC sucks too!

Comment

Working...
                                X