U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
    It's the inside of Spartan Stadium that's ugly.
    You mean all of that green and pasty white?

I've only been there once and that was in 1991 for the Michigan game. I don't recall anything too exciting about the stadium but I do remember Desmond Howard had at least 2 TD's.

Comment

• San Diego State alum ... you guys got a great coach and man in Brady Hoke. We were bummed to lose him out here. Of course, I'll be rooting for him to lose September 24th, but I'll be back to being a big fan of his after that game.

Comment

• Michigan fans hope so, Blitz.

His record doesn't reflect that great label, though.

Comment

• The last M game I attended was the Anthony Carter last second TD to beat Indiana in 1979. I walked in the gate and looked in on the field one summer in the late 90s when I was in AA.
          ------------
          <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Wow. That's a big last game Drew.
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Yep. My dad and I couldn't believe Indiana tied it up late in the game. We were on the opposite end of the field and didn't see it full up. We just took the rest of the crowd's word for it.
              ------------
              <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• MICHIGAN makes McGary's final 6:

Dave Telep is reporting that 2012 big man Mitch McGary has narrowed his list to just six schools: Florida, Maryland, North Carolina, Michigan, Duke and Kentucky. Here’s McGary on his choices: “I stayed low in July but I talked to coaches on Facebook and stuff like that,” said McGary. “Some of the schools like Duke, […]

Comment

• What's up with all these players leaving the football team?
                  Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• The same reason a handful of players left when Rodriguez was hired; they were recruited by a certain coach for a certain system, and now don't feel they fit into the plan anymore.

Comment

• Except these guys were recruited by Hoke and fit into his scheme better than RichRods.

Comment

• Not sure about that. Who amongst those that are leaving is a guy that committed after Coach Hoke came on?

From what I've read, the guys that are leaving are doing so right after the depth chart came out. None of the guys leaving are starters. I'm not even sure if any of them were 2nd stringers.
                        Last edited by *JD*; August 25, 2011, 06:13 PM.

Comment

• I'm on JD's wavelength. The guys I have been hearing about were all RichRod recruits that didn't like they were buried down the depth chart.

Comment

• Cullen Christian - Rich Rod

Je'Ron Stokes - Rich Rod

Tony Posada - Rich Rod initially, kept on by Hoke

Kellen Jones - Rich Rod initially, kept by Hoke, got in trouble in Texas, never enrolled, now at Oklahoma

Chris Barnett - Hoke
                            Last edited by Rocky Bleier; August 25, 2011, 06:34 PM.
                            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I guess I wasnt limiting Hoke to those guys he actually was able to identify and recruit inthe month he was employed before signing day.

Comment

• Same here. In fact, I think I mentioned that in my post. So, according to Rocky's list, Barnett is the only one. He, of the 5 high schools in 4 years, sounds like maybe we shouldn't have gone after him in the first place.

He sounds like that guy that was a Michigan commit that switched to Kentucky, left for Illinois, left for Florida International and left for ? when Beilein came on.

The way I look at it, this just frees up more spots for what is already a Top 3 recruiting class.
                                Last edited by *JD*; August 26, 2011, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X