U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 16, 2008

ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- University of Michigan football head coach Rich Rodriguez announced today (Tuesday, Dec. 16) that Scott Shafer resigned his position as defensive coordinator. Shafer spent the 2008 season as the Wolverines' defensive coordinator and also worked with the cornerbacks.
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Shafer: "Bottom line is, I take full responsibility for the demise of the Michigan program," Shafer, 41, said by phone Tuesday afternoon. "I accept all the responsibility."

Kind of feel for the guy.
      AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• How the hell did he get the job in the first place? I thought Harbaugh was on the outs with the UM brass.
        I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• From what I remember about the hire, Schafer sent Rodriguez a resume at WVU before he went to Stanford. I'm not sure Harbaugh had much to do with it.

Comment

• Rodriguez went after Shafer. Shafer had only been at Stanford one year, and his wife didn't want to move again. Now he's out after one year at Michigan. I obviously don't know what happened, but it does seem the Shafer got a bad deal. Speculation is running wild, but the bottom line is that M will have 4 different coordinators in 5 years. I'm wondering if Rich has a replacement lined up.

Comment

• Marinelli should be available.
              Apathetic No More.

Comment

• I was going to offer a snarky response, but you know, his rah rah stuff may work better in college than it has here. Instead of becoming some NFL team's DC, he might be better off trying to land a Head Coach job at some mid-level conference school that's down on its luck. (Besides, that way he can't sign any of his former players anymore).

Comment

• Originally posted by dsred View Post
                  Marinelli should be available.
                  I doubt it. His will is strong, and his pick is sharp. Old man Ford will probably give him an extension because the boys are still trying so hard.

Comment

• The good--Michigan's up to #24 in the AP.
                    The better--they're beating the bejeebers out of Florida Gulf Coast, 39-18 at halftime.
                    The best--the conference opener against Wisconsin on New Year's Eve afternoon is on ESPN 12, the Douze (actually ESPN2)

Comment

• Is that during or after the Wings @ Wrigley.
                      ------------
                      <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• I thought that was New Year's Day.

Comment

• It is.

I mis-read his <edit> (your) post.

</duh>
                          Last edited by Drew; December 22, 2008, 10:15 PM.
                          ------------
                          <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• LOL. Well, quite a treat for us Detroit/Michigan college fans. Over two days we get the Wings, M basketball, MSU football--everything except M football. It will feel strange.

Comment

• Is there a way to watch Wednesday's Wisconsin game on the net? I'm going to be stuck at work.

Comment

• It's on ESPN2. I'll be watching it at work.

But I think ESPN might stream the Deuce...
                                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Working...
                                X