No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And as somebody else mentioned before in this thread, State royally fucked up by not fully taking advantage of the Dick Rod debacle. Not a single Rose Bowl W during your small sliver of a window in your long, mediocre existence...ugh. Bad news, Sparty. Now UM has been rightfully restored and the Bucknuts got Urban?

Back to your historical spot of being an also ran, second tier Big Ten school. Sucks, brah.
    AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• I agree with most of what your saying Niffa, I think Michigan State has had a slightly better year so far heading to the Bowls. Dantonio and Hoke have done fine jobs. I like Kirk Cousins and think hes a stand up guy, he usually speaks very well. But his "Michigan sat on the couch and watched," quote after the Wisky game, well he probably would want that one back. Its sounds like hes blaming Michigan for the loss.

Comment

• Yeah nobody will get an argument from me on State getting the edge this season -- they won head to head and I also agree that their schedule was tougher. Going on the road to face Nebraska, ND, Ohio State, and then playing Wisconsin within the regular season was tough duty.

Did they get penalized for losing again to Wisky in the BTC? Sure. Unfair? Probably so. But they had their shot. A clean, one game shot on a neutral field to go to the Rose Bowl. That was their reward. They came up for short, so off UM goes to the Sugar. Fair enough I would say. I know myself, and I'm guessing the majority (if not all) of UM fans would have preferred a shot at the Rose Bowl than no shot at the Rose and a Sugar date with VT.

And again, if State fans deem it such a travesty that UM is going to a BCS bowl while they're not...well, shouldn't have gotten their asses blasted by mediocre ND & Nebraska teams. Due to that, beyond their shot at the RB, they don't deserve anything.
        AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Well said, Niffla. The only issue I may have is who may be a better team right now. I think the emergence of a healthy FITZ makes the whole thing a coin flip. I think we'd do fairly well against a disappointing Wisky team as well and, yes, we all would've loved a shot at them with a bid to the Rose Bowl on the line.

So, things are even right now.

Where do they go moving forward?

We land a top 3 recruiting class according to Rivals.com and spartie checks in at #32. It looks like spartie reassumes their spot in the middle of the pack. Will L'il Tressel pull the same tricks that Papa Jim pulled to try and stay afloat? How many tattoo shops are there in EL?

Comment

• Originally posted by Niffla View Post
            And again, if State fans deem it such a travesty that UM is going to a BCS bowl while they're not...well, shouldn't have gotten their asses blasted by mediocre ND & Nebraska teams. Due to that, beyond their shot at the RB, they don't deserve anything.
            It's not a "travesty" that State isn't going to a BCS bowl they blew it ... it is a travestly that Virginia Tech and to much lesser extent Michigan is.
            Forever One!

Comment

• Nothing to really get your green & gold panties in a bunch about, though.

Comment

• just FYI .... State is bringing in another strong recruiting class. It won't get a glamorous ranking because it will be a small class, but it is well rounded and balanced.

It would be a bummer if one of our prized recruits (Pittman) bolted with the full court press that Urban Meyer is giving him right now, however. WOTS is that their are several guys willing to jump on a State offer if that spot opens up.

As a side note ... I don't think State has ever beat U-M in recruiting ... even over the last 4 years.
                Last edited by Masspartan; December 9, 2011, 09:43 AM.
                Forever One!

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                  Nothing to really get your green & gold panties in a bunch about, though.
                  I actually got the hoody with the gold 8 on it. I'm glad that game went how it did... cause it's so specific in it's look that it will for ever be tied to that game.
                  Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• State is going to have a good class this year, but they only have 14 scholarships to give. You'd have to score numerous 4 and 5 star recruits to get much higher. Michigan has a great class, but they have a pretty big class and a lot of playing time to offer.

You have to see how it shakes out over the years.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      State is going to have a good class this year, but they only have 14 scholarships to give. You'd have to score numerous 4 and 5 star recruits to get much higher. Michigan has a great class, but they have a pretty big class and a lot of playing time to offer.

You have to see how it shakes out over the years.
                      Yeah UofM and OSU will still have distinct advantages in recruiting for the long run.

If MSU is to keep it's status as contending for the big ten more years than not it will have to be because Dantonio can find better underranked players and/or coach them up better.

Considering the stars of this current team there is plenty to suggest he can do that.

Cunningham, Martin, Bell, Cousins, and Worthy I believe were all 3 star players or less.
                      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                        I actually got the hoody with the gold 8 on it. I'm glad that game went how it did... cause it's so specific in it's look that it will for ever be tied to that game.
                        Who is #8, Smoker?

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                          Yeah UofM and OSU will still have distinct advantages in recruiting for the long run.

If MSU is to keep it's status as contending for the big ten more years than not it will have to be because Dantonio can find better underranked players and/or coach them up better.

Considering the stars of this current team there is plenty to suggest he can do that.

Cunningham, Martin, Bell, Cousins, and Worthy I believe were all 3 star players or less.
                          I'm not going to dispute the advantages that those two schools may have, but I think some of its overrated. When MSU has had good coaches, they've found good players. If you get enough quality lineman you can make it work.

A lot of it is in competent coaching, if you were to listen to Michigan fans for the last three years RR needed to get his type of players in there. Bam all of a sudden they get a coach who looks like he knows what he's doing and you have a 10-2 team.

Comment

• I think RR would've won at least 8 this year and maybe 9 but they would've been shootouts.

This year wasn't a big concern for me, regarding who was coaching. It was the next 5 or so years that had me worried that we'd never have a complete team.

Now, I'm not too worried. In fact, I feel pretty damn good about where things are headed.

I can't wait until next year!
                            Last edited by *JD*; December 9, 2011, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Who is #8, Smoker?
                              Nope, the winningest QB in MSU history. Mr. Cousins. Or was that sarcastic?

Comment

I think RR would've won at least 8 this year and maybe 9 but they would've been shootouts.

This year wasn't a big concern for me, regarding who was coaching. It was the next 5 or so years that had me worried that we'd never have a complete team.

Now, I'm not too worried.
                                There is still a chance that Hoke pulls a charlie wiese and sinks over time. I wouldn't bet on that, and he proved a lot of good things this season but he hasn't proved everything he needs to yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X