No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Hoke has proven to be a great coach. I think he will always be dependent on coordinators for scheme. But I think he's proved that he understands that too.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
      I think Hoke has proven to be a great coach. I think he will always be dependent on coordinators for scheme. But I think he's proved that he understands that too.
      I'm just saying that certain tests don't happen in 1 season. What of the offensive coordinator starts looking bad post robinson... how long will it take Hoke to fire him? How will he deal with off field incidents. How will he handle outside pressure when he has a poor season (happens to everyone).

Hoke looks like a very good coach and says all the right things. I like the guy. But you just can't prove everything in one season. Not possible.
      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
        Nope, the winningest QB in MSU history. Mr. Cousins. Or was that sarcastic?
        I didn't really know who it was and Smoker is always my default guess, so that part was a joke. I do think Cuz has a chance to be better in the NFL than Stanton, though.

Comment

• OMG!!! This thread is unreadable. Isn't there a little brother thread? Even though they've had our number, things are about to get righted and very soon.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
            As a side note ... I don't think State has ever beat U-M in recruiting ... even over the last 4 years.
            That's the weird part because some of those kids were overrated, some needed better coaching. Others didn't stay on the roster - left. Bottom line: Rich Rod was a complete disaster.
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Interesting- Denard had a staph infection for a portion of the season:

ANN ARBOR -- Michigan quarterback Denard Robinson this season overcame a staph infection that was bad enough that coach Brady Hoke feared losing his ...

Comment

• There is still a chance that Hoke pulls a charlie wiese and sinks over time. I wouldn't bet on that, and he proved a lot of good things this season but he hasn't proved everything he needs to yet.
                Not a good post for you Brook, that is really a grasp at straws. Hoke has been in the college game for a long time, has won 3 Head Coach of the year awards in his conferences, now also has surrounded himself with proven assistant coaches at Michigan.

Charle Weis was nothing but an arrogant overconfident cocky pro OC throw into the Notre Dame HC. He never had any HC jobs in college. He may have been good at New England as the OC and it didn't hurt have Tom Brady as your QB.

Comment

• Keep reading posts further down and remove your assumption that I want Hoke to fail.
                  Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• The only thing that Hoke and Weis have in common is their plus 46 inch waistline.

Hoke is humble whereas Weis was full of himself, along with all the Big Macs.

Comment

• Hokes seems like a great guy to me. I'm just using Weis as the model where a new coach wins with other players right away and fades off. This happens sometimes. Now let me be clear, I don't think Hoke will do that. I'm just making the point that one season isn't enough to prove everything that needs to be proven.

Comment

• Fair enough.

There still seems to be enough evidence that we're at least heading in a better direction than with RR.

Comment

• Keep reading posts further down and remove your assumption that I want Hoke to fail.
                          I'll take your word for it then, but even thinking of Weis indicate a premise of huge failure. He best game is a loss to SC in the Bush Push game.

Comment

• Mass, you mentioned that it's a minor travesty that Michigan is going to a BCS bowl. So who are the teams that got the shaft? Boise? They played ONE tough game all year. And that "tough" game was against an average Georgia team that is barely inside the top 20. Oh yeah, I guess you can include TCU (who beat them on their field). Other than that they dominated the likes of Toledo, Tulsa, Nevada, Fresno, Colorado State, Air Force, UNLV, SD State, Wyoming, and frigging New Mexico. Ugh.

Next? Kansas State? Go look at their schedule and tell me with a straight face that they accomplished more than UM. Their keystone victories were against awfully mediocre Texas & Miami. They got blasted off the map by Oklahoma (58-17), and gave up 52 and 50 to Oklahoma State and A&M respectively. They also nearly got beat by freaking Eastern Kentucky (10-7) this season. Come on, dude. Be serious. They got shafted?

Same thing with South Carolina. Look closely at their schedule. Prove to me what they did that was so much more significant than what UM did this year. You can't, but I welcome you to try.

The best an unbiased person could do is argue that they had equal seasons. That's it. Each of Michigan, South Carolina, and K-State had similar arguments. But it's pretty obvious among the three that none of them stand out over the others.

The minor travesty in your eyes is simply because it's Michigan...and you hate Michigan. That's all it boils down to.

And Arkansas was a no go because 2 SEC teams were already in.

Who else is there?
                            AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• South Carolina is also SEC.
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Lol! Yeah I know that (but apparently didn't turn the brain on when I typed that part out), but I'm pretty sure I remember Mass specifically saying South Carolina was one of the teams wronged by UM's BCS invite. Could be wrong, though.

Well anyway, Lets say there was no limit to how many teams a conference could have in the BCS. Arkansas would be the most deserving I'm guessing among the teams left out (and deserving over UM), but S.Carolina & K-State? Nah. Boise, too. Eff Boise and their pitifully weak schedule.
                                AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

Working...
                                X