U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
    What of the offensive coordinator starts looking bad post robinson... how long will it take Hoke to fire him?
    Assuming Shane Morris is anything close to advertised, I think Borges will probably do BETTER once Robinson is gone. He actually had to shelve a big part of his offense because Robinson just can't run it. If you watch what he did against OSU, it was a ton of read-option plays very similar to what Rodriguez ran last year. He TRIED to run his offense in the UM-MSU game and we all saw the result. I wish he had adapted more quickly, but post-Robinson I'm sure he will have the guys in place that work in his system.

How will he deal with off field incidents.
    Well, this year he tacitly-suspended Stonum for the season by forcing him to redshirt. Given the lax approach taken to bad behavior in East Lansing, I would think that would at least rate as an indication that Hoke isn't going to tolerate guys f'ing up, but he won't necessarily be kicking them straight off the team either.

Comment

• By the way, I never once said MSU didn't have a better SEASON than Michigan. They made the Big Ten title game. That is more successful than NOT making the game, no doubts about it.

All I said is that UM and MSU (and Nebraska too for the most part) were all pretty equal teams and home field clearly played a big part in all of the games between the 3.

Comment

• Meh, not much going on today. I watch the CCG again, beating a dead horse here, but I never posted this.

Open to interpretation is whether Lewis was blocked into the punter and that his path to the block was altered by the Wisky blocker. Contact by the blocker caused the contact by Lewis.

Comment

• I would have to watch it again. At the time I didn't recall seeing the Spartan player blocked into the kicker, but it wouldn't be the first time that had happened without the refs realizing it.

Comment

• I know it only gets 1/3 the traffic as this thread does but it's okay to post spartie stuff in the spartie thread. Some people do still read it.

Comment

• By the way, Michigan had 3 players score 20 points or more in a game for the first time in just under 9 years (missed by 1 day) in their defeat of Oakland U yesterday. Trey Burke fell one assist and Evan Smotrycz fell one rebound short of both getting double-doubles.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                Open to interpretation is whether Lewis was blocked into the punter and that his path to the block was altered by the Wisky blocker. Contact by the blocker caused the contact by Lewis.
                The blocker pushed him to the side, not into the punter. Lewis kept coming, lost his footing, and stumbled into the punter.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxc38-_RL5I"]2011 Big 10 Championship - Wisconsin vs. Michigan State Highlights - YouTube[/ame]
                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• A cruel cruel combo of a poorly thought out d call, an over zealous player, some bad luck, and a pretty good acting job to sell it (what any kicker should do).
                  Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                    The blocker pushed him to the side, not into the punter. Lewis kept coming, lost his footing, and stumbled into the punter.

2011 Big 10 Championship - Wisconsin vs. Michigan State Highlights - YouTube
                    oh my .... are you fucking serious with that comment? Take off your maize and blue blinders and then actually watch the video.

It's funny ... never ONCE did I say anything about him being blocked or not. It would simply be sour grapes, but your stupid comment is completely fucking reeeeeedddddddiiiiiiiicccccccuuuulous.

Lewis kept coming? He took exactly 1 step after being pushed. Do you know anybody who can stop on a dime going full speed?

The push is what knocked him off balance.

The push changed his direction just enough to cause the running into the kicker.

You wolverine fans are really something. wow.
                    Forever One!

Comment

• Well Mass, I brought it up, and im convinced there is no way Lewis runs into the punter if the Wisconsin OL man Lemer doesn't push him. Really bad luck there.

Comment

• But the correct call.
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Not necessarily, if he was blocked into the punter its not.

Comment

• He wasn't blocked into the punter.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Ok pushed :-)

Comment

• Doesn't matter. As much as I hated it, it was the correct call.

The play that killed MSU was the pass on the sideline that was overturned.

If the fucker had just tucked the ball away there never would have been a punt.

Why these fucking guys think they have to wave the ball around with one hand rather than tuck it away is beyond me...

Comment

Working...
                                X