No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They're going to lose this one, too. Maybe they can bounce back against PSU and N'Western.
    I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• Michigan got screwed when Udoh left. They needed one more big man and its showing through.

Comment

• tough loses
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Well, this is two in a row when they had a second half lead but weren't close at the end, so I'm worried. This is still a work in progress, and they appear to be wearing down.

Comment

• Whitley...you need a new nick

A former University of Michigan football standout was charged today with raping a woman in her friend's Pittsfield Township apartment over the weekend.
            James Lavell Whitley was arraigned on one count of third-degree criminal sexual conduct at the Washtenaw County Jail this afternoon.
            Whitley, 29, was arrested at his Ann Arbor home Sunday, a few hours after a 31-year-old woman reported that he sexually assaulted her, township Detective Lt. Steve Heller said.
            The victim told officers she celebrated her friend's birthday at a local bar and returned to that woman's apartment to spend the night. The friend, who was romantically involved with Whitley, invited him to the apartment. The victim said she went to sleep on an air mattress in another room and awoke shortly after 6 a.m. with Whitley sexually assaulting her, Heller said.
            In court today, Whitley stood mute to the charge, which is punishable to up to 15 years in prison. Royal Oak-based attorney Marcus Connor, who represents Whitley, said his client will be found innocent when all the facts come to light.
            In arguing for a personal bond, Connor said Whitley still could play in the NFL and needs to be free to pursue those opportunities. He said Whitley graduated from U-M in 2007 with a degree in sports management and communications.
            Whitley's bond was set at 10 percent of $150,000. He's scheduled to appear in court for a preliminary hearing on Jan. 29.
            Whitley, a cornerback who came to U-M from Norfolk, Va., played in 47 career games for the Wolverines and started in 33. As a senior in 2000, Whitley finished sixth on the team with 49 tackles.
            Whitley, a former co-captain, was dismissed from the team after his arrest for carrying a gun in 2000. Whitley and another former teammate went to the apartment of the teammate's ex-girlfriend, and officers discovered a gun in Whitley's jacket pocket after the woman called police.
            He pleaded guilty to possessing a concealed weapon and was sentenced to one year of probation and 20 hours of community services, court records show.
            The Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League signed Whitley for the 2001 season. He then played sparingly in the NFL for St. Louis, Green Bay and Carolina before returning to the CFL in 2005.
            Whitley spent the past two seasons with the Georgia Force of the Arena Football League, an indoor football league that canceled its 2009 season for economic reasons.

Comment

• Former Syracuse coach Greg Robinson hired as Michigan's defensive coordinator

by John Heuser | The Ann Arbor News Tuesday January 20, 2009, 3:29 PM

University of Michigan football coach Rich Rodriguez has hired former Syracuse coach and veteran defensive coordinator Greg Robinson to run the Wolverines defense.
              The athletic department announced the hiring this afternoon.
              Robinson, who was fired after four years and a 10-37 record at Syracuse, served as a defensive coordinator in the NFL with the Kansas City Chiefs, New York Jets and Denver Broncos. He was the Broncos' coordinator when the team won its back-to-back Super Bowls in the late 1990s.
              Before moving to Syracuse, Robinson was co-defensive coordinator and linebackers coach at Texas in 2004. The Longhorns beat Michigan that season in the Rose Bowl.
              Robinson replaces Scott Shafer, who served at Michigan for a year before resigning. Shafer, whose Wolverine defense allowed the most points in school history, was hired to be the defensive coordinator at Syracuse.

Find all of the latest ProFootballTalk news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

Comment

• Michigan is currently 3-3, 13-5 overall. If they finish 10-8 in the Big Ten that will make them 20-10 pending what they do against UCONN. Probably 20-11 heading into the Big Ten Tourney. Win the first game in the tourney that gives them 21-11 (more than likely) with impressive wins over UCLA and Duke. That probably makes them 7-10 seed.
                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I am Officially done with Michigan this year. They are not fun to watch and I refuse to let myself get Amakkered this year. Why on earth would a prestigious school like UConn would give Deshawn Sims a scholarship offer is beyond me. He is not a star.

I know Penn St. and Ohio St are better than people thought they were, but still.
                  No More Michigan for me.
                  Last edited by Deuce; January 21, 2009, 12:45 AM.
                  The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• LoL, Deshawn getting his ass handed to him on the boards by PSU, then gives up the layup. What a piece of shit player he is. No post game, no serious outside shot, marginal athletic ability. How does he get 16 a game. Seriously.

Comment

• This is still a decent team. They need to find their nitche again
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• These next couple of games are very important. They've now blown second half leads and gotten beat badly back to back. If this continues, the spark is gone.

edit...oops, I didn't realize they'd gotten hammered by PSU last night. Bad news.
                        Last edited by gjdodger; January 21, 2009, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gjdodger View Post
                          These next couple of games are very important. They've now blown second half leads and gotten beat badly back to back. If this continues, the spark is gone.

edit...oops, I didn't realize they'd gotten hammered by PSU last night. Bad news.
                          When you fall in love with the 3 ball and open 2-20 (they finished 5-30) beyond the arc...it's not going to be a good night.
                          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Whitley, I'm surprised you're still here after the news of your arraignment.
                            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• He's out on bail. 3's are good when used as intended--to loosen up the defense. It's like using the running game to keep the defensive linemen on their heels and set up the passing game. If you go out there thinking you're going to force 3's, you're right, your shooting percentage will be abysmal.

Comment

• Michigan at Ohio State.

First 10 minutes show Michigan and Sims struggling against the interior D of Lauderdale and Mullins. I wish we had a way to play Sims at the SF.

Comment

Working...
                                X