No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robinson is a third down back. He certainly isn't a QB. He locks in on receivers and can't see the field. He's not accurate.

He's exciting as hell at times, a great option QB, but soooo limited as a passer.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• He's a good college QB.

Comment

• Yeah, I really don't care about his pro prospects. He's a Michigan man and that's good enough for me.

You can win an NCAA championship with lesser QBs than Denard Robinson. Both LSU and Alabama are proving that right now.

Comment

• I'm not talking about his pro prospects.

He is very limited and really is not a good college QB.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I think Robinson looks bad at times as a passer, but he has won 18 games in two years while throwing for 2,000 yards and rushing 1,000 more.

Unconventional, but he's still is productive and I would say he is a good college QB.
            The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• As would most.

Comment

• He was brutally bad last night. He has been much better in the past.
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• He needs another running threat to maximize what he does. Molk being hurt and Toussant being useless hampered him last night.

Comment

• Apparently he had a bum ankle too.

Comment

• CVGT's initial criticism of Robinson looks like someone who viewing it with pro prospects. Michigan is probably a 7-5 team without Denard Robinson. A lot of running QBs are limited in their throwing.

Comment

• Watching him live yesterday from above you could see the things that the edits and production don't show you on TV.

He locks in on a receiver early and goes there pretty much regardless of coverage. He doesn't see the field and to top it off is very inaccurate.

He got bailed out twice by Hemmingway last night for TDs. (pretty much been happening all year)

He is dangerous because he is an explosive runner, no doubt, but against a team that has equal or better athletes than Michigan on defense than Michigan has on offense (like VT) and neutralizes Robinson's running chances by stacking the box he will always struggle.

There will probably be Heisman talk leading into next year but IMO, Michigan would be better off with a more traditional QB in their current system

Comment

• I've been saying all year that I love the kid, but I can't wait until he graduates and M gets a real QB.
                          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• fair enough. But after that will be one season of Devin Gardner. Hoke won't bench him in favor of a freshman unless he really falls apart.

He does have a better arm and more of a pocket presence than Denard, at least. He reminds me a bit of David Gerrard.

Comment

• Robinson is a QB suited to a read option offense. The newest coaching staff wants to run a more traditional offense but doesn't have a traditional QB waiting in the wings and doesn't have the weapons to run that offense so they are leaning a lot on Robinson to run a hybrid offense. The flaws you see are what happens when Robinson is forced to run a more traditional offense, again that is viewing through the prism of a pro prospect evaluator.

You run Robinson in a more traditional option offense he is fine college QB. And even putting in this hybrid offense, he has been a good QB. They went 11-2 and outside of Hemingway and maybe one of the lineman you don't see much in the way of talent. A lot of the record is because they relied a lot on Robinson and they had an improved defense.

Comment

• I think Robinson is a poor decision maker He makes poor decisions in the read option game and in the passing game.

Comment

Working...
                                X