No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He doesn't have many options most of the time.

Comment

• Russell Bellomy is more suited to what they want, but he was a true-freshman this season. Denard will be chucking it up for grabs one more season, then Gardner or Bellomy will keep the sat warm until Shane Morris arrives.
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• From the Detroit News:

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
          I think Robinson is a poor decision maker He makes poor decisions in the read option game and in the passing game.
          I agree, there were a couple of times that he obiously made the wrong read in the game yesterday, but he is a better option QB than passer by far

Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
          Russell Bellomy is more suited to what they want, but he was a true-freshman this season. Denard will be chucking it up for grabs one more season, then Gardner or Bellomy will keep the sat warm until Shane Morris arrives.
          Yep and I think M will be limited by that, but he probably their best option.

I am not trying to bash Robinson (although I know that it sounds like it). He will will some games for Michigan with is athletic ability, but probably lose a game or two with his limitations.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• We got really lucky in the Sugar bowl. Beamer really hand wrapped that one with the fake punt. What a dumbass.

All in all I dont think either team deserved to be there. It was a sloppy game but I'll take it.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I don't think Beamer called that punt fake. It was an option for the punter and he made the call, which was obviously very bad.

Comment

• Beamer was less than manly for blaming the punter. He said he gave the option to run the ball or punt it. To me thats not well thought out play. A rugby style punt that the punter can fake it or punt it. And the punter has never ruby kicked it before. How many times in a year are you running that in a game. You might practice it but you are depending on a guy who doesn't make those decisions ever. I've been watching football for 30 years and I've seen numerous times where a failed punt was the result of some option the punter has, going all the way back to Jim Arnold's famous mayday fake. In those 30 years I've never heard a coach say a successful fake came from the punter determining the option was there.

4th and 1, go for it or punt it. And do not take a timeout if you are planning on doing one of these fakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  Beamer was less than manly for blaming the punter. He said he gave the option to run the ball or punt it. To me thats not well thought out play. A rugby style punt that the punter can fake it or punt it. And the punter has never ruby kicked it before. How many times in a year are you running that in a game. You might practice it but you are depending on a guy who doesn't make those decisions ever. I've been watching football for 30 years and I've seen numerous times where a failed punt was the result of some option the punter has, going all the way back to Jim Arnold's famous mayday fake. In those 30 years I've never heard a coach say a successful fake came from the punter determining the option was there.

4th and 1, go for it or punt it. And do not take a timeout if you are planning on doing one of these fakes.
                  Agree. Two bad coaching decisions contributed to VT losing the game. Not taking the FG in the first period after M's defense tightened up and shut VT down in the red zone and the fake punt at a time that it appeared that M's defense couldn't stop VT. I was glad to see the punt team come on the field as I had no faith in Michigan's ability to stop VT at that point. I imagine that Michigan was glad too...
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Big test for the Hoops team tonight at Indiana. I'm sure Indiana is a fairly big favorite. This would be a huge win if the boys get it.

Comment

• 8pts last time I looked.

Comment

• Sounds about right.

I think this will be the first game that we'll miss not having Horford out there. McLimans has proved to not be a total scrub like he was last year but still isn't a back-up that you can rely on. Morgan needs to stay out of foul trouble but still needs to offer up some tough D on Zeller.

Comment

• MICHIGAN with a nice blowout win against wisky. 59-41.

They improve to 13-3 (3-1) and bounce back nicely from that near upset in Bloomington.

Comment

• After a tough/ugly win against NW, Michigan travels to Iowa today for a 1pm game. This should be a fairly easy win but playing at Iowa always seems to be tough.

Comment

• Iowa is tough ... they went into Madison and won. Don't sleep on the Hawkeyes despite the beatdown they took a few days ago
                              Last edited by Masspartan; January 14, 2012, 03:21 PM. Reason: well ..... tuned into big10 network just in time to see Iowa up 18... can't wait for Tuesday
                              Forever One!

Comment

• Flat tire today. Iowa is unpredictable but I thought at the very least we'd give them a game. I don't think we got any closer than 6 in the 2nd half.

Comment

Working...
                                X