No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR didn't have any really highly touted classes.

The Barwis Effect, yes, that was talked about but I don't know if RR landed any 5* players other than Will Campbell.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      For three years you guys were lauding your national classes and your offensive guru. Every year you guys posts these hyperventaling articles on these classes.
      You got us, the RR years were bad.

Watch out, Hoke isn't RR and the recruiting battles are mostly going UM's way. Recruiting is the lifeblood of all good programs.
      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• lol.. I hated Dick Rod and his classes from the get go.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Ouch. 75-61.

To Purdue.

At home, no less.

Maybe the Wolverine fans need to rethink their definition of "lessers."

Comment

• I caught most of the 2nd half at a friend's. Stinker of a final 10 minutes. Purdue just outplayed us.

Hopefully, we can somehow turn it into a positive. Still plenty of season left for Michigan to make some noise but it's a shame that Zack and Stu didn't go out on a high note to finish their Crisler careers. Nice moments for Corey Person at the end.

Comment

• Lessers are still lessers. The court is not the only determining factor.

Comment

• Considering you've been getting thumped pretty much everywhere else as well...

... Unless you mean in the field of unwarranted arrogance, in which yeah, the University of Michigan reigns supreme.

So, you got that going for you, at least.

Comment

• What an asshole.
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• He's got his own unwarranted arrogance. He's fun.

Comment

• Trolls.. who needs'em
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        A lot of you did, you were telling us about Barwis, national recruiting classes, hang cleans and no more pizza eating.

The national recruiting was a big deal, the collective Michigan fan base said local recruiting was overrated.
                        You just don't see those team barwis shirts very much in Ann Arbor anymore...
                        Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Nope. Now you see Barwis Methods TShirts since he had opened his own gym to work with current and former players and Brock Mealer.

I think he's off to Arizona with RichRod but trust me, the cult of Barwis is still strong.
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• RichRod's classes were filled with undersized 3 star players. He started with slot receivers and midget running backs. Then, when the class was about half full he'd get verbals from defensive players with unimpressive offer lists. As if that wasn't enough, 5-6 players would decommit or leave every season. Hoke, on the other hand, is bringing in the big boys first. His recruiting classes look nothing like RR's. He coached Rich Rod's mediocre roster to an 11-2 record. Mattison is actually teaching kids how to play defense at the collegiate level. Dantonio has done a nice job, but he was helped immeasurably by the fact that everyone knew that Lloyd Carr would soon be leaving Michigan and the disaster that was Rich Rodriguez. Michigan is not only recruitng well, but now they have a coaching staff that knows how to develop players. Blue skies ahead.
                            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                              Nope. Now you see Barwis Methods TShirts since he had opened his own gym to work with current and former players and Brock Mealer.

I think he's off to Arizona with RichRod but trust me, the cult of Barwis is still strong.
                              And Brandon Inge...
                              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• "Lessers"?

C'mon JD you're better than that.
                                Atlanta, GA

Comment

Working...
                                X