U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Niffla View Post
    UM ranked #5 in the early ESPN preseason top 25. Expectations are going to be incredibly high this season. I hope they're ready for it.
    #5 in bball? Wow!
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I'll be disappointed if they don't make it at least to the Sweet 16. They seem to have Top 8 talent but you never know exactly how they are going to mesh.

They'll probably still split the season with spartie. Even though spartie lost their heart and soul, they still have some beef, a returning PG and a good recruiting class.

The ohio lost a lot in Sully and Buford but they also have a lot of returning talent.

Indiana is stacked.

Wisky is still Wisky and also have a blue-chipper coming in.

I can see any of these 5 teams winning the B1G. The conference is the best in the nation once again.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
        I'll be disappointed if they don't make it at least to the Sweet 16. They seem to have Top 8 talent but you never know exactly how they are going to mesh.

They'll probably still split the season with spartie. Even though spartie lost their heart and soul, they still have some beef, a returning PG and a good recruiting class.

The ohio lost a lot in Sully and Buford but they also have a lot of returning talent.

Indiana is stacked.

Wisky is still Wisky and also have a blue-chipper coming in.

I can see any of these 5 teams winning the B1G. The conference is the best in the nation once again.
        Digger Phelps: slobber slobber... naw, dats da Big East! slobber slobber... best conference of ALL TIME! slobber slobber slobber...

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
          GRIII looks like a fucking tank man. Wow.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• He'd be more impressive if he was wearing a better uniform. At what point did those uniforms acquire that hideous shade of yellow? It's like neon without the fun of neon.

Comment

• Better than moss green
              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Please, if I gave you truth serum you be singing how ugly that color is. At one time Michigan had OK uniforms but going to that all shocking yellow uniform, thats the type of color you use on walls to interrogate prisoners with. Green is green, they have so many differenct shades its not possible to keep track of, but never something so offensive to the eyes as that shade of yellow. Don't ever eat Maize that color unless you like 3 eyed fish as well.
                Last edited by froot loops; July 19, 2012, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• Agree with that. I like the maize color of the M on Glenn Rice's shirt in JD's avatar.
                  ------------
                  <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• One N for Rice.

I don't like the highlighter yellow that shows in Mitch's picture. I like how it looks in GR III's altered pic. That's more the color of how it was in the early 90's, which was a great look.

I'd also totally enjoy them going back to the '89, Rice team look. They wore those for 1 game a few years back and they looked great.

Last edited by *JD*; July 20, 2012, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• One N for Rice.
                      My apologies.
                      ------------
                      <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Izzo said he likes Indiana to win big 10.

With the hoosers and UofM both strong the big 10 could be incredibly deep this year.
                        Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Im getting ready for the season, been watching some of last years games. I forgot how badly Notre Dame was beating Michigan (24-7 going into the 4th) and it could have (should have) been worse. What a heart breaker for ND lol. And the Sugar Bowl too, VT really outplayed M in that game. Turnovers and Denard Robinson getting bailed out so many times with jump balls pulled down by Junior Hemingway won those games. Im going to say 4 loses this year, last year was really a dream season with almost everything going right. I would say it was the best since 97

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                            Im getting ready for the season, been watching some of last years games. I forgot how badly Notre Dame was beating Michigan (24-7 going into the 4th) and it could have (should have) been worse. What a heart breaker for ND lol. And the Sugar Bowl too, VT really outplayed M in that game. Turnovers and Denard Robinson getting bailed out so many times with jump balls pulled down by Junior Hemingway won those games. Im going to say 4 loses this year, last year was really a dream season with almost everything going right. I would say it was the best since 97

:-D Wow .... I'm not used to reading complete clear and objective thoughts in this thread. I almost agree with you Wings fan, but I think your sandbagging on your projections for your own team.

I said nearly the same thing about my Spartans a couple years ago ... pointed out that they got lucky in a couple of games, and their record was actually better than the team (the same can certainly be said of UM last year) .. I also said that the following years team would actually be a better team but their record won't reflect it (the same can be said of this years U-M team) ... having made both of those points I don't see them losing 4 games. I don't think the Big 10 is that strong this year. Ohio State is a big ??, Wiscy lost a ton and doesn't have a QB, PSU is a mess, and Nebraska played better than they were last season as well.

We'll see. Regardless it shoudl be an interesting and exciting football season for State and U-M.
                            Forever One!

Comment

• It's a tougher schedule this year (bammy in the south, at ND, at Nebraska, at ohio) and we have lost Mike Martin and Ryan Van Bergen. Can Will Campbell finally step up and somewhat make up for those losses? How much will the rest of the D improve under Mattison in year 2?

We also lost Molk at Center. I hope whomever is snapping the ball does better than the guy that came in the Va Tech game when Molk got hurt. Hemingway is gone too. Do we have a tall WR ready to step in or will we have to tough it out with Roundtree and some other of RR's shorties? Will Fitz be healthy for a whole season?

I still think it will be a good season but 4 losses sounds very possible. I do have a good feeling that the ship will be righted in one area, though.

What will be great is one last year of Denard Robinson. That should be a joy to watch.

Comment

• Johnny Adams, Isiah Lewis and the rest of the defensive backfield at MSU agree!
                                Forever One!

Comment

Working...
                                X