No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be interested to see what UM does to replace that marquee game on their schedule. Hopefully they establish a home & home series with somebody like Oklahoma.

Comment

• Yeah or Stanford maybe and try to overshadow the Stanford/ND match-up. Oklahoma would be interesting obviously too but also because they have some recent history with Nebraska it kinda would bring them in to the big ten world a little more.

I really love MSU having games with Boise State (those fans were very cool) and using their Nike connection to establish something with Oregon.

Screw ND.
      Last edited by nhwbrooklyn; September 26, 2012, 09:24 AM.
      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        Who knows about the MSU rivalry. I hope it doesn't end but it must be noted its a stronger tie between the two schools than Michigan and ND. Michigan has made rumblings about getting out as well. MSU is dedicated to the rivalry. I wonder how they view the Purdue rivalry. I wouldn't say its known nationally but it is very big in Indiana.
        I think ND will want MSU off their schedule, since MSU does very well against them.
        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• That would be a shame

Comment

• Michigan has released its Hoops schedule, with times and TV notes included:

View the 2013-14 Michigan Wolverines basketball schedule below. View the printable version by selecting the Print button on your browser or hitting CTRL+P. Date Opponent / Event Location TV Time Tix Tue., Oct. 29 vs. Concordia (MI) ex Crisler Center BTDN W 117-44   Mon., Nov. 4 vs. Wayne State ex Crisler Center BTN W […]

Comment

• I'll be interested to see what UM does to replace that marquee game on their schedule. Hopefully they establish a home & home series with somebody like Oklahoma.

Out

Virginia Tech (full schedule including OSU in 2015)

Texas (full schedule w/ ND, Cal)

Oklahoma (full, @ Tenn, ND, OSU in 2016)

Miami (not that they'd be any good anyway)

Stanford (playing ND for some reason)

UCLA (full)

Florida (full, annual FSU game)

West Virginia (full)

Arizona State (full, LSU and ND on the docket)

Unlikely

Cal. Open dates but already has a home and home with Texas and 9 game conference schedule. Would want a home game in 2015, so that's a positive.

USC. Already lined up with ND and A&M, plus a Texas series the couple years after that. Adding Michigan would be a bit much even for them.

Washington State. Probably does not want to bite off more tough games after putting Wisconsin and Boise State on the docket in the near future.

Tennessee. Already lined up with Oklahoma and a Nebraska series during the time in question.

Kansas State. I'll believe they schedule Michigan when I see it.

LSU. Award since Les Miles and their slate in 2016 is full. They have Arizona State both those years and NC State in 2017. Some chance it could work out but doubtful.

South Carolina. Full in 2015 and has an annual game with Clemson.

Clemson. Has annual game against South Carolina and will be playing a nine game conference schedule in 2015. They've got room, but I doubt they'll go for it. OTOH, they have played Georgia and Auburn in addition to the Gamecocks.

Georgia Tech. See Clemson, replace "South Carolina" with "Georgia," add in "Michigan just got reminded it's a bad idea to schedule an option team."

Florida State. See Clemson, replace "South Carolina" with "Florida," remove bit about how they have played a second interesting team in the past.

Possible

Oregon. At Michigan State in 2015, but has nothing for 2016 and just a game at Wyoming in 2017. If a double dip of Michigan in 2015 doesn't work you could still see something working for 2016 and 2017.

Washington. Full in 2015 but could probably cancel Sacramento State or something. Nothing but a Montana game the next couple years.

Alabama. Preferably on an aircraft carrier on the moon. Nothing 2015, just State in 2016 and 2017. May not want to keep beating up on Michigan teams.

Arkansas. Just TCU in 2015 and 2016.

Auburn. Nothing scheduled except Idaho.

Missouri. Nothing but Memphis and Wyoming.

Oklahoma State. Would have to cancel a game in 2015, but those are against Central Arkansas, UT-San Antonio, and at(!) Central Michigan, so I think they'd have little difficulty doing so. They're showing games at UTSA, CMU, and South Alabama the next few years as part of 2-for-1 deals… so this may be a KState/Wisconsin kind of thing where they refuse to schedule anyone credible in the nonconference.

NC State. I know this is the opposite of thrilling, but they've got openings.

Georgia. Annual game against Georgia Tech hurts things but they don't have another real nonconference opponent lined up in 2015 or 2016.

TCU. Normally I'd look at a team playing nine conference games with a real opponent lined up (Arkansas) and say no way but TCU may want to go for it to establish their bonafides, that sort of thing. They would want a home game in 2015, too.

Comment

Out

Virginia Tech (full schedule including OSU in 2015)

Texas (full schedule w/ ND, Cal)

Oklahoma (full, @ Tenn, ND, OSU in 2016)

Miami (not that they'd be any good anyway)

Stanford (playing ND for some reason)

UCLA (full)

Florida (full, annual FSU game)

West Virginia (full)

Arizona State (full, LSU and ND on the docket)

Unlikely

Cal. Open dates but already has a home and home with Texas and 9 game conference schedule. Would want a home game in 2015, so that's a positive.

USC. Already lined up with ND and A&M, plus a Texas series the couple years after that. Adding Michigan would be a bit much even for them.

Washington State. Probably does not want to bite off more tough games after putting Wisconsin and Boise State on the docket in the near future.

Tennessee. Already lined up with Oklahoma and a Nebraska series during the time in question.

Kansas State. I'll believe they schedule Michigan when I see it.

LSU. Award since Les Miles and their slate in 2016 is full. They have Arizona State both those years and NC State in 2017. Some chance it could work out but doubtful.

South Carolina. Full in 2015 and has an annual game with Clemson.

Clemson. Has annual game against South Carolina and will be playing a nine game conference schedule in 2015. They've got room, but I doubt they'll go for it. OTOH, they have played Georgia and Auburn in addition to the Gamecocks.

Georgia Tech. See Clemson, replace "South Carolina" with "Georgia," add in "Michigan just got reminded it's a bad idea to schedule an option team."

Florida State. See Clemson, replace "South Carolina" with "Florida," remove bit about how they have played a second interesting team in the past.

Possible

Oregon. At Michigan State in 2015, but has nothing for 2016 and just a game at Wyoming in 2017. If a double dip of Michigan in 2015 doesn't work you could still see something working for 2016 and 2017.

Washington. Full in 2015 but could probably cancel Sacramento State or something. Nothing but a Montana game the next couple years.

Alabama. Preferably on an aircraft carrier on the moon. Nothing 2015, just State in 2016 and 2017. May not want to keep beating up on Michigan teams.

Arkansas. Just TCU in 2015 and 2016.

Auburn. Nothing scheduled except Idaho.

Missouri. Nothing but Memphis and Wyoming.

Oklahoma State. Would have to cancel a game in 2015, but those are against Central Arkansas, UT-San Antonio, and at(!) Central Michigan, so I think they'd have little difficulty doing so. They're showing games at UTSA, CMU, and South Alabama the next few years as part of 2-for-1 deals… so this may be a KState/Wisconsin kind of thing where they refuse to schedule anyone credible in the nonconference.

NC State. I know this is the opposite of thrilling, but they've got openings.

Georgia. Annual game against Georgia Tech hurts things but they don't have another real nonconference opponent lined up in 2015 or 2016.

TCU. Normally I'd look at a team playing nine conference games with a real opponent lined up (Arkansas) and say no way but TCU may want to go for it to establish their bonafides, that sort of thing. They would want a home game in 2015, too.

Comment

• Damn Wingsfan, you do all that work yourself or did you find that some where? Nice jobs, Thanks.
                  Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• With UM's schedule opened up after 2014, I imagine they will attract a lot of suitors to fill that slot with a home and home (I'm sure other schools would enjoy playing before 110,0000). So while there may not be anything immediately availalbe in 2015 or even 2016, beyond that it won't be a problem. Whether or not they find somebody to be an annual opponent year after year or just a series of 2 game agreements, who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by Desert Lion View Post
                      Damn Wingsfan, you do all that work yourself or did you find that some where? Nice jobs, Thanks.
                      But I really only needed to read it once.
                      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• JawJa would be a nice one.

I'd like to play Miami, just to avenge our choke job in '87.

Oregon probably is out, since Michigan is no longer a "Nike School". I really don't think they'd play us because of that. No school is more a slave to the shoe company than the ducks.

A series with bammy would be great and I think that Michigan will be back up there with them by that time.

That would be my #1 choice, with Texas and USC being just a hair below.

Comment

• That list looks like something the devotess of the overanalytical Brian Cook would make. All of those teams can theoretically schedule a game with Michigan, Michigan can schedule them. Both sides just back out of the creampuff game.

Comment

• A series with bammy would be great and I think that Michigan will be back up there with them by that time
                            What do you consider the near future? I don't see them being "back up there with them" any time in Sabin's time as Alabama's coach.

AND there is no way it is going to happen. Sabin won't schedule a home and home with anyone north of the Mason Dixon line. He already turned down Wisconsin's offer if a H+H.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                              What do you consider the near future? I don't see them being "back up there with them" any time in Sabin's time as Alabama's coach.

AND there is no way it is going to happen. Sabin won't schedule a home and home with anyone north of the Mason Dixon line. He already turned down Wisconsin's offer if a H+H.
                              Didn't we cover that MSU has a home and away with Alabama schedule for 2016 and 2017? I'm sure the Saban connection was the key factor there though (and how Saban was brought in on the hiring process for Dantonio shows the relationship is still meaningful).
                              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Once again, I stand corrected.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X