No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You couldn't see the obvious in front of your face, why should your opinion matter much now. You were absolutely wrong on Dantonio versus John L Smith. Like Matt Millen wrong, so pardon me if repeating verbatim a facebook post from a Brian Cook clone isn't impressive.

Yes, I was absolutely wrong on RichRod too. Were only playing Monday Morning QB here, not running the GD team like Millen did. Thicken up that skin :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      Because Ohio is a better football state.
      Exactly. As it sits currently, players from the state of Ohio essentially stock the entire Big10. OSU gets the ones they want, and the rest of the teams get the leftovers...

Of course that could change someday...
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• There were "a lot of people" that were "so happy" when RichRod was hired? That's news to me. Except for 1 or 2 UM slappies that I know who would have jumped on board with both feet whoever was hired, most every UM fan I know ranged from uneasy to cautiously optimistic about Rodriquez's hire. Though I think everybody went straight to slappy on Barwis when those articles started coming out.

Comment

• I'd say most people were cautiously optimistic while there were smaller groups that were more pro and con that were the loudest voices out there.

My TEAM BARWIS tshirt is at the dry cleaners...
          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Yeah, the Barwis stuff got way out of hand.

Comment

• He made our little guys a little stronger!

Comment

Because Ohio is a better football state.
                That what I was thinking as the possible reason but I wasn't sure that that was what SLF meant by "structural reasons".

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                  There were "a lot of people" that were "so happy" when RichRod was hired? That's news to me. Except for 1 or 2 UM slappies that I know who would have jumped on board with both feet whoever was hired, most every UM fan I know ranged from uneasy to cautiously optimistic about Rodriquez's hire. Though I think everybody went straight to slappy on Barwis when those articles started coming out.

I wanted Les, Cowher, Gruden or Jimmy Ballgame before I wanted RR.

Stiil, I was hopeful that RR was going to be a breath of fresh air. Oops!

Comment

• He made our little guys a little stronger!
                    lol Yes he did

He's still around here, in Plymouth MI now. Even has a web site, the game is on BTN Saturday 3:30

We are a sports performance training facility in South Florida and Colorado, providing recovery, nutrition, physical therapy, personal training, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                      ...all of whom will always be behind Ohio State for structural reasons.
                      Woodson, Desmond and Grbac are three good examples of why that's a ridiculous statement.
                      M has always been (and always will be) able to recruit nationally, Ohio included.

osu has only had the upper hand recently after resorting to SEC-like cheating from the Vest.
                      Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Careful SLF thats speaking out of turn for the epistemic closure guys.

Thats the structural disadvantage, nobody is questioning the ability of Michigan to get recruits nationally. Getting studs like Tate Forcier and Sam McGuffie prove that. Bu for OSU they are recruiting locally.

pANDs

The ability to do crap at OSU that Michigan fans like to deride as SEC-style recruiting is another structural disadvantage.

Comment

• Sometimes it's best to not respond to topics you obviously know nothing the fuck about.

Apparently you still choose to do so, however.
                          Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Ha! How did you get into the Tiger discussion then?

Comment

• Anyway, I gave you guys props for getting those recruits nationally. Two September Heisman winners, nothing bad about that.

Comment

Ha! How did you get into the Tiger discussion then?
                                Ohhh...That's going to leave a mark. Ha!
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X