U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
    that doesn't make it mean something. Plenty of students show up to watch regular season college basketball games as well.

You can't call college basketball "meaningless" because almost everybody gets to play for the championship when college football is just as "meaningless" because almost nobody gets to play for the championship.

Well said nothing is meaningless it's just personal preference. ;-)
    Life of a Lions fan, hope and shattered dreams !!! 8-)

Comment

that doesn't make it mean something. Plenty of students show up to watch regular season college basketball games as well.

You can't call college basketball "meaningless" because almost everybody gets to play for the championship when college football is just as "meaningless" because almost nobody gets to play for the championship.
      Near as I can tell, the highest attendance for college basketball last year was 448,000 by syracuse.

Which would have been 24th in college football. I think basketball needs to sell about double the number of tickets to challenge football.
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
        Near as I can tell, the highest attendance for college basketball last year was 448,000 by syracuse.

Which would have been 24th in college football. I think basketball needs to sell about double the number of tickets to challenge football.
        The Big House holds roughly 8 times as many people as Crisler. For this to be a fair comparison, Michigan basketball would have to play 48 home games per season to Michigan football's 6.
        Last edited by Kstat; November 19, 2012, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• If your arguing what sport is king in Mich it's football there is no argument. 8-)
          Life of a Lions fan, hope and shattered dreams !!! 8-)

Comment

• That was never the argument.

Comment

• Baseball rules in New York and Boston. Football pretty much everywhere else.
              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• All kidding aside, Im definitely going to watch more Michigan basketball this year with things looking up. I used to be a really big Michigan (basketball) fan at one time.

Comment

• March Madness is a hell of a lot more exciting than bowl season.
                  Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Maryland joined the Big Ten? Rutgers next? WTF?
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Delaney is a UNC alum. Did not know that. Probably would sell crack to a nun to get Carolina blue.... or accept Maryland.
                      The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post

Forever One!

Comment

• What does that mean Mass?

And I know that basketball arenas are smaller. Because people don't care too much about regular season college basketball.
                            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Yes. That's precisely why basketball arenas are smaller....in the same way baseball parks are larger to give patrons more room to take a nap.
                              Last edited by Kstat; November 20, 2012, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• nice .... that's twice KStat has made me laugh recently. The dog must have dug up his funny bone.
                                Forever One!

Comment

Working...
                                X