No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan looking like a top 10 team more and more. Just can't shake the good teams. OSU and Indy showing they are better. M just too young.
    Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by Desert Lion View Post
      Michigan looking like a top 10 team more and more. Just can't shake the good teams. OSU and Indy showing they are better. M just too young.
      Well, then the Wolverines have no chance.

Because Burke and Hardaway are gone after this season. This team isn't going to get any more "seasoned."

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

Because Burke and Hardaway are gone after this season. This team isn't going to get any more "seasoned."
        Just appears to me that they get alittle out of control during every game.

Plus what I see from Lavert and Spike is not that impressive.
        Last edited by Desert Lion; February 5, 2013, 10:27 PM.

Comment

• the end of this game proves the rules of basketball need a full redo.

if this were soccer, no whistle for the OSU foul, the pass to the open players stands, dude dunks the ever loving shit out of the ball, and the clock runs

it's called ADVANTAGE ... basketball rewards rule breaking like no other sport on earth.

it's moronic teams benefit from breaking the rules of the game.
          The only logical explanation is:
          I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

Burke is gone. Hardaway may not be.

In the meantime, everyone else will be a year better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Newbomb Turk View Post
              the end of this game proves the rules of basketball need a full redo.

if this were soccer, no whistle for the OSU foul, the pass to the open players stands, dude dunks the ever loving shit out of the ball, and the clock runs

it's called ADVANTAGE ... basketball rewards rule breaking like no other sport on earth.

And Dicki says the ref's were using common sense in not calling the flagrant foul and letting the players dictate the end of the game but then turns around and says there should have been a foul called on Hardaway on the last Craft drive. Was it a foul on Hardaway? Damn straight it was, but it was also a flagrant on Craft on GR3.

Comment

• Also, not having Jordan Morgan healthy is killing this team up front. The guy is a workhorse.

Comment

• And a lot of people were begging for McGary to take Morgan's spot. McGary has been pretty damn good, but Morgan is very under appreciated by a lot of fans.

Comment

• the ohio was gifted points in both the first half (offensive goaltending no-call while the ball was on the rim) and the second half (Craft with ball in hand before he launches a 3, as the shot clock reads 0 and then a shooting foul on Burke with no clear contact) then got away with the clubbing so to not call a touch foul on Burke at the end doesn't concern me.

Good beat Evil.

GO BLUE!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                      And a lot of people were begging for McGary to take Morgan's spot. McGary has been pretty damn good, but Morgan is very under appreciated by a lot of fans.
                      That's stupid. McGary is obviously more talented, but Morgan is the guy that does all the dirty work.

Our interior defense has been shit without Morgan. It showed against Indiana when Zeller destroyed us with nobody boxing him out.

Comment

• I just don't like basketball anymore. I tried to watch but couldn't. I will root for M from afar in this thread.

Go Blue. Oh, and stop wearing those stupid f'n all-yellow unis.
                        ------------
                        <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Originally posted by Desert Lion View Post
                          And Dicki says the ref's were using common sense in not calling the flagrant foul and letting the players dictate the end of the game but then turns around and says there should have been a foul called on Hardaway on the last Craft drive. Was it a foul on Hardaway? Damn straight it was, but it was also a flagrant on Craft on GR3.
                          Flagrant fouls and intentional fouls are different. You're talking about intentional fouls, which by the way, should be removed entirely, given than %90 of all fouls are intentional by nature.

Comment

• Originally posted by Newbomb Turk View Post
                            the end of this game proves the rules of basketball need a full redo.

Basketball is not the game for you...find another sport.

Fouling is part of the rules. You are allotted five of them per player to spend how you choose. For unsportsmanlike fouls committed outside the scope of the spirit of the game, the have technical/flagrant fouls for that, in which case the penalties are much more severe.

Comment

• Awesome battle between Craft and Burke.

I realize UofM guys hate Craft (some guy was yelling "you suck craft" sooooo loud on national TV last night) but I freaking love his defense and game. If he had a better jumper he'd be an NBA talent... though I still think he'll be an eric snow type for some team.
                              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                                Awesome battle between Craft and Burke.

I realize UofM guys hate Craft (some guy was yelling "you suck craft" sooooo loud on national TV last night) but I freaking love his defense and game. If he had a better jumper he'd be an NBA talent... though I still think he'll be an eric snow type for some team.
                                I've used the Eric Snow comparison since last year. The Apple-Cheeked Gangster is that kind of player. Very similar build too.

Comment

Working...
                                X