No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The reality is this is their 3rd loss on the season, and all three have been hotly contested in very difficult environments. It's very possible they might not lose another game until tournament time, if that.

There is absolutely zero shame in losing to Wisconsin in Madison on a halfcourt prayer. They outplayed them for 40 minutes and got unlucky. They just couldn't do it for the additional five.

Comment

• Dakich is the worst. I can't stand him. He literally ruins games for me. He says asinine things with all the conviction in the world and it's maddening.
      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
        It should have been. The game was over. The guy hit a fluke contested shot from 45 feet.

That's like saying a football team was soft because they allowed overtime on a 60 yard Hail Mary that bounced off of 4 players. It's idiot logic.

Yes Michigan fell apart in OT. Find me a team in all of college basketball that wouldn't, in that situation.

The difference between Michigan being soft and not soft by your logic was decided by wether or not a guy closed his eyes and flung in a shot from halfcourt with a hand in his face.

Idiot logic.
        Like your "bring a knife to a gun fight" logic? Your team is soft, and they proved it last night. Can't defend. Can't score inside. Can't beat a quality team on the road. They're soft - like you.
        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
          The reality is this is their 3rd loss on the season, and all three have been hotly contested in very difficult environments. It's very possible they might not lose another game until tournament time, if that.

There is absolutely zero shame in losing to Wisconsin in Madison on a halfcourt prayer. They outplayed them for 40 minutes and got unlucky. They just couldn't do it for the additional five.
          this comment really cracks me up .... it is so typical of an arrogant UM fan (not that I'm saying that about you kstat)

How could you POSSIBLY say they outplayed them for 40 minutes? The game was tied with 6 seconds left before UM hit a ridiculous 3 to take the lead, only to watch an even more ridiculous 3 tie it back up.

Sure they played WITH the Badgers for 40 minutes, but they sure as shit didn't outplay them

Now if you want witness to what outplaying somebody is roll tape of last nights game.
          Forever One!

Comment

• The road is hell in the Big10

MSU has to play in AA soon.
            Atlanta, GA

Comment

• That didn't even look like a big ten game. Izzo always wants to run, they generally only get to run in the tourney because Big Ten teams actively work to shut down fast breaks. Last night MSU could run any time they wanted and they dominated the boards.

Comment

• MSU was getting wide-open looks off of simple pin-down screens and UM looked stuck in mud when anybody attacked the lane. And MSU took advantage by shooting the lights out early. And whatever confidence that McGary, GRIII, etc. seemed to evaporate quickly under MSU's pressure D.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                  Like your "bring a knife to a gun fight" logic? Your team is soft, and they proved it last night. Can't defend. Can't score inside. Can't beat a quality team on the road. They're soft - like you.
                  Minnesota is a quality team that Michigan beat on the road.
                  2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• MSU played the game of their lives, with that crowd (which WAS AMAZING!) ..
                    After Michigan had a heartbreak loss to Wisconsin, starting 3 freshmen (Which aren't as talented as any of the 3 past Kentucky "freshmen dominated" teams)...

Of course Michigan loses like this, it makes sense
                    lol
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
                      Minnesota is a quality team that Michigan beat on the road.
                      I disagree. I think Minnesota is an average team.
                      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• When a team depends on flailing away with off balance threes as a major part of their offense and doesn't play very good defense there is always the possibility of blow out of the gym, especially on the road.
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Michigan should have beat Wis. They had thay game and lost it. BUT, it doesn't mean they were the better team tha night. They played within themselves and stayed with Wisconsin. Road or not they lost to 4 better teams on the road. They had a chance to take the lead at OSU, but there was still 15+ seconds to go had Burkes 3 went down.

Last night MSU won by 23 and it wasn't even that close. Walk-ons and scrubs scored the last 9 points.

Izzo said that it was the best game MSU has played in 3 years. I doubt that. I think just because Michigan played so poorly it made MSU look that mucg better. Harris play great. Just wait until he does that more consistantly.

Last night showed M's true colors. They may be able to go deep in the tourney, Elite 8 maybe. Like several said already, Not very good on D. Nothing inside. Having any type of poor shooting from the outside will kill this team.

They may have looked earlier this season, but this is the B1G and teams can push them around plus teams have figured them out.
                          Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• Everything worked together against UofM. The hostile crowd, the initial punch, the lack of leadership, the momentum in the games leading up. They all amplified each other and fed MSU at the same time creating total one sided affair. It wasn't that dissimilar to the beat down the tar heels gave MSU on the big stage after MSU ran the table on the big least schools. Except in that case UNC was significantly better (but still not THAT much better as the score of the game would suggest).

It's up to b___ and team leadership to rebound and use it as a learning, growing experience or lose confidence that carries over to future games.
                            Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• "When a team depends on flailing away with off balance threes as a major part of their offense and doesn't play very good defense there is always the possibility of blow out of the gym, especially on the road."
                              --------------------Agree to a certain extent. UM was depending on those "Flailing..threes", in part, because MSU was playing great defense. UM couldn't hit shit though and MSU was hitting a high %. Kudos to MSU. This is where MSU gets it in their head they are all that and stops "playing". Hopefully Izzo keeps them focused. I'm liking the looks of the Big Ten in this coming tourney.
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Every game I have watched they have depended on the firing up those threes and they tend to not take very good shots overall. When they are hitting them they are tough to beat, but I don't think it will take them very far.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X