U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
    It's up to b___ and team leadership to rebound and use it as a learning, growing experience or lose confidence that carries over to future games.
    Ha, I see what you did there. Almost didn't get it. Took me about 5 seconds.
    Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
      I disagree. I think Minnesota is an average team.
      If you only paid attention to their 4 game losing streak you might think that. They have played a very tough schedule overall. They are a solid top 25-30 team this year.
      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Seems like every time I go to Brians page there is a "say hello" to another 4 star recruit. Sounds like Hoke is really bringing in the talent and size. Michigan should be in the CCG next year, anything else is a fail.

Comment

• spartie played a very, very good game and I think Michigan may have still had the hangover from the Wisky miracle. They surely didn't look ready.

It's gut-check time for Michigan. Some of the Freshman have to grow up fast. What is good is that the toughest stretch is over with. It's time to see if they can get their focus and confidence back.

The only big bummer with these losses is that the stakes appear to be so much higher because it's a 98% probability that Burke will be in the NBA next year and so might Hardaway. If this were 20-some odd years ago, I would know that Burke would most likely be back for two more years. This year is now-or-never for a Burke led team.

They should still be very good next year but probably not at the same level, because of PG play. Walton looks very good but will probably need a year of seasoning before being the team leader.

Kudos to spartie. They've come a long way since that UConn game. Izzo still annoys me how he walks several feet onto the court while the ball is in play (I was hoping somebody would run into him to draw a T on Izzo) but he can coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
            Every game I have watched they have depended on the firing up those threes and they tend to not take very good shots overall. When they are hitting them they are tough to beat, but I don't think it will take them very far.
            Amen...
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
              If you only paid attention to their 4 game losing streak you might think that. They have played a very tough schedule overall. They are a solid top 25-30 team this year.
              So it's a matter of defining terms. I think that makes Minnesota an average team. Maybe a bit above average. My complaint has been that Michigan fans were going way overboard in their asessment of the Wolverines. I see them as good, but not great. The type of team capable of beating Minnesota on the road but not Indiana or MSU.
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                spartie played a very, very good game and I think Michigan may have still had the hangover from the Wisky miracle. They surely didn't look ready.

It's gut-check time for Michigan. Some of the Freshman have to grow up fast. What is good is that the toughest stretch is over with. It's time to see if they can get their focus and confidence back.

The only big bummer with these losses is that the stakes appear to be so much higher because it's a 98% probability that Burke will be in the NBA next year and so might Hardaway. If this were 20-some odd years ago, I would know that Burke would most likely be back for two more years. This year is now-or-never for a Burke led team.

They should still be very good next year but probably not at the same level, because of PG play. Walton looks very good but will probably need a year of seasoning before being the team leader.

Kudos to spartie. They've come a long way since that UConn game. Izzo still annoys me how he walks several feet onto the court while the ball is in play (I was hoping somebody would run into him to draw a T on Izzo) but he can coach.
                Tom Crean does it too... it was funny watching them both out there during the last MSU/Hooser game.
                Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                  So it's a matter of defining terms. I think that makes Minnesota an average team. Maybe a bit above average. My complaint has been that Michigan fans were going way overboard in their asessment of the Wolverines. I see them as good, but not great. The type of team capable of beating Minnesota on the road but not Indiana or MSU.
                  UofM looked very very good on many occasions this season. I personally don't think it was unreasonable to envision them as being great if they continued to get better throughout the season and being so young you figured they might.

They still could be something special if they get some young guys to grow up fast (maybe a drubbing by a rival will help there).
                  Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Not if they keep playing like this they won't.

Looks like the Spartans cut their hearts out.

Comment

• They rebounded in the second half at least... but it's those sorts of first halves, those long stretches where Michigan looks like their running through mud, which is what costs them on the road in the Big Ten.

Comment

• Not the prettiest win but a step back in the right direction. Burke was great and Nik & GR III had their first good games in a while.

I'm very disappointed in the fans, though. Everyone was given a FREE t-shirt (that didn't have tacky sponsor logos all over it) but there were still about 20% of the people (including the jackass Guv) that couldn't figure out just how you put one of those things on.

I have to give credit for spartie in that respect too. Those fans are more than willing to put the white shirts with the ugly green on it without hesitation. Purdue, Wisky and IU do it too. Some of the blue hairs that go to Crisler need to get with the spirit of things.

Comment

• In 2 years I thinks it back to the big 2 and little 8 (12). Just weeks after signing a Top 5 recruiting class, it seems clear that Michigan has set itself up to do just as well on the recruiting trail in 2014. Michigan football has a big head start on 2014 recruiting class

Comment

• Every February we hear this prediction.

Comment

• Not from me, I said Michigan would lose 4 games and they lost 5 (all on the road). I thought about it and last year was a disaster, total fail due to some serous head scratching from Fat AL's play calling. Im also giving him a one time pass, as I think he will do much better next year with RRs midgets gone and his WCO. 2-3 loses and in the CCG -book it! :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                Every February we hear this prediction.
                                I had the exact same thought.

Every year, Walmart Wolverines predict a return to glory and their rightful place at the top of the B1G TEN.

Still waiting on that.

Comment

Working...
                                X